+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

YRM

Oct 16, 2017
Good morning,
I want to thank you all for the time you spend on this forum on a daily basis. It is indeed a source of valuable information for those, like me, going through the parent/grandparent sponsorship process. It is much appreciated.
YRM

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
I have a bit of confusion about CIC web.

I am currently able to log into online service through "check my application status - Online tool", I have been assuming this is Ecase.
However I see people mentions they are linking their application to somewhere. What is that ?
Although I can see application received for my parents' PR application status window and my name in sponsorship application status window. Does that mean anything ?
Do I have to link my application somewhere to see if cic is requesting more info from me ?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
All right - that is ONE interested party. In the interest of everyone here, I would like to give this another chance and see if anyone else is interested in reaching out to IRCC or the minister's office with some mail to bring up the situation since Canada is now undertaking a million new comers and why not the cap for parents and grandparents should raise?

This is a good opportunity to speak up or else it will be years and years. It's also possible that another government might change things and delay these even more...there is no guarantee if the opportunity is not seized.

Anyone else interested? raising acceptance cap by only 10,000 more will probably half the time for all of us.
Because of those million newcomers, Canada is mainly targeting those in prime working age with certain skilled education/work experience that will immediately benefit Canada's economy.

Parents program though is a compassionate program, that is not done for economic growth to Canada. Majority of Canadians not needing to sponsor parents see a program bringing in PRs at an age typical of retirement and peak time for medical costs, as a financial drain on an already strained healthcare system. Any government would face backlash from voters if they doubled the parents' PRs being issued each year, so is practically zero chance this will ever happen.

This debate has been discussed extensively in the past though on this forum. I would suggest making a separate thread if you wanted to pursue things like petitioning the government, so this thread doesn't get derailed from 2017 program specifics.

Last edited:

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I have a bit of confusion about CIC web.

I am currently able to log into online service through "check my application status - Online tool", I have been assuming this is Ecase.
However I see people mentions they are linking their application to somewhere. What is that ?
Although I can see application received for my parents' PR application status window and my name in sponsorship application status window. Does that mean anything ?
Do I have to link my application somewhere to see if cic is requesting more info from me ?
MY CIC account:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp

Last edited:

ra2429

May 29, 2017
Once you link your application to mycic account, does it mean you will not receive anymore emails from IRCC? They will send all correspondence to mycic account?

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Once you link your application to mycic account, does it mean you will not receive anymore emails from IRCC? They will send all correspondence to mycic account?
You still get emails but usually they prompt you to login to the account to check new messages.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hi there,

Could you please see below details:

Application: PGP 2017 (first intake)
Parents country of Citizenship: Pakistan
Address Category where Application was sent: PO Box
Application received in Mississauga Office: August 01, 2017 (checked on line via this link : https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do )
AOR Received: ??
Sponsor Status Approval SA (date):

My question is that I received an email from CIC with the following text:

Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2017.
Your application number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence related to this file. This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records.

What does above means: AOR or sponsor status approval.
Also, how I can link my application

Thank you
This is AOR. Give it a few days then try linking the application on IRCC site.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
I submitted my application Oct 2017 and today I received an email saying that the deadline for submission is quickly approaching, does it mean that they did not received it, i checked canada post and and it was delivered 10/ 4/2017. Is there a way to find out if they actually received it? TIA
Just a generic reminder, nothing to worry.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hi. I finally linked my application to MyCIC account. It says "your action is required" under Details. When I click on "View Status and Messages", I get to the application profile page and all it says there are the names of my parents and their UCI numbers. Then when I click on "View submitted applications", its all empty in the "documents submitted by client" section. I did a paper application so maybe that is why the documents section is empty. But on the first page, is it normal to see "your action is required"? I don't understand what action is required. And also it doesn't say anything about the status. Is this normal?
This is normal. When they need something, you will see it under messages.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Weirdly, I am able to see my Parent's Application in Ecas as "Application Received" but have not received an AOR yet. Has anyone had the same issue?
That is considered an AOR, look out for an email in coming days as well.