Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
uploaded thru the web and they sent email - got it
I can see ecas, says "application received" but unable to link account. Haven't received any email from CIC yet. So i guess i won't be able to upload. Should i wait or just send the hard copy ?

Sohpie2017

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Guys - Apologies for asking the question again. For those who have been asked to submit 'original' police certificates, did you guys send actual certificates to the VO through mail? or did you upload them on my CIC. Also they ask to send the request letter with the certificates but there is no option to upload that on my CIC.

Whats should I do in this case?

Thanks
Hi, Did you get the request by mail? and was your CIC account updated to show the police certificate is requested? thanks,

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

Sohpie2017

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Can CIC refuse to give PR status due to history of cancer for one of the parents that is treated and cured two years ago? Has anyone heard this kind of situation?

cadcgy

Aug 30, 2017
Looks good

I am done with my forms and supporting documents compilation. Below are the details. This must be a helpful post to others who are in process of Gathering Documents.

Please it’s a request to all the experienced members to please shed a light on these details and let me know, if anything is missing

1. Invitation Letter by CIC (came to email, printed)

2. Document Checklist

3. Application to sponsor and Sponsorship Agreement (Validated)

4. Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparent form

5. Statutory Deceleration form (Not Applicable)

6. Generic Application form for Canada form(validated)

7. Additional dependents form (Not Applicable)

8. Schedule A Background Deceleration form for Mom and dad Separately

9. Use of a Representative (Not Applicable)

10. Processing Fees Receipt of $2080

11. Photocopy of residence ship of Sponsor

12. Photo copy of marriage certificate, due to co signer

13. Co signer proof of residency

14. Sponsor Birth Cerificate

15. Passport for principal applicant and spouse

16. Photo copy of passport of accompanying dependant (Not Applicable)

17. Recent photos of Principal applicant and spouse, should have details written on the v=back

18. Also have attached sponsor and co signer 3 years of tax return even though provided sin numbers.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi all, I applied for parents sponsorship in July 2017, and my sister who is 19 was not a dependent under the old rules.
I have enough income for 5 people, and my sister would have been 6th person, and I don't meet minimum income for 6 people in 2014 (2015/16 are fine)

My question is would they have looked at income for total 6 people even though my sister (over 18 and not dependent) will not being sponsored/accompanying to Canada under the old rules? I did get sponsor approval, and wondered what they counted.

I know the dependent age has changed now, and we can request to add her, but wondering how this will impact the financial requirement,
since I wont be able to meet it with including her. So is it better to just leave her out of this whole thing??

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
If you leave the app as-is (without sister) then most likely IRCC will continue to process it under the old rules so your family size will stay 5 people and your sister will not get PR.

If you try to add her as a dependent now under new rules, then since you don't meet LICO in 2014 with her in family size, you would risk the entire app being rejected. So don't add her at all. Don't change anything on the app you already submitted.

They changed the dependent age so that families can live together. but this is negatively affecting some people. They should have kept an open option to add them or not its upto the sponsor.
I agree with this, since you won the lottery spot under the old rules, they should be grandfathered in for you so you should have the option to leave the dependent that didn't qualify under old rules, completely out of application and family size.

Perhaps IRCC will consider this, however who knows.

My brother is 22 years old. Even if i would have met the lico requirement, he may have not gotten the PR because the processing time takes up more than a year atleast. and he would not fall under the definition of dependent child once he passes 23.
Actually once an app is submitted, all dependents ages are locked in on that date. So even if they go over age 22, they are still kept in the app as dependents indefinitely.

The only thing that would remove them as dependents, is if they get married or become common-law.

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hi, Did you get the request by mail? and was your CIC account updated to show the police certificate is requested? thanks,
Got request through my CIC in the form of request letter. my CIC status was set to "updated". Also an upload option activated under "Submitted Application", where it said "Replacement needed for Police Certificate. Odd thing is when I tried to upload my police certificates, it was only letting me upload 1 certificate because its a wizard where they ask for the certificate number and issue and expiry date. I have 3 certificates so that was kinda odd. What I did was to just enter details of 1st certificate in the wizard and uploaded the combined 3 certificates as a single file. Now I am planning to send original hard copies of 3 certificates with explanation letter that I have already uploaded the certificates on dd/m/yyyy, but sending hard copies just in case. You can never be too sure in these cases. 1 mistake can cost you months or delay.

haf_bd

Oct 17, 2017
To declare yourself the uncompensated representative so you're authorised to discuss the application or get status updates from IRCC.
If I am the sponsor of my Parents PR application, then should I be the representative? What would be the advantages of declaring me as the representative? As a sponsor, should we not be able to get the updates or discuss about the application with the CIC? Can you guys please give a clear idea on that. My parents are staying in Bangladesh now.

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Got request through my CIC in the form of request letter. my CIC status was set to "updated". Also an upload option activated under "Submitted Application", where it said "Replacement needed for Police Certificate. Odd thing is when I tried to upload my police certificates, it was only letting me upload 1 certificate because its a wizard where they ask for the certificate number and issue and expiry date. I have 3 certificates so that was kinda odd. What I did was to just enter details of 1st certificate in the wizard and uploaded the combined 3 certificates as a single file. Now I am planning to send original hard copies of 3 certificates with explanation letter that I have already uploaded the certificates on dd/m/yyyy, but sending hard copies just in case. You can never be too sure in these cases. 1 mistake can cost you months or delay.
Hey, would you be able to update my info in the spreadsheet please"
Parents country of citizenship: Bangladesh
Application was sent: Courier
Application received in Mississauga: 26th of july
AOR received: 3rd of november

phsio jatti

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
HI, I received a letter stating that my application has been accepted for PGP 2017 intake. Does this mean no additional doc required and I have met all the requirements so there are chances that my application can still be rejected?
Thank you in advance

Harshaman

Nov 8, 2017
Hello,
I just received and email from CIC informing that my application for PGP is accepted and the fee is received for the 2017 intake.
Can someone tell me the next step.
How much time it will take to get the PR from now?

Thank you