AOR Received.
28/8/2015
File Transfer...
28/9/2015
Med's Done....
Re-medical on 4/July/2016
Interview........
In process status on 19 October 2015
Or over 19 but dependant on parents due to physical or mental reasons since before he turned 19.
Actually, the situation is,
My brother is 24 year old, single. After graduation(in 2014), he worked for 2 years(2015 and 2016) and recently he started his MBA in 2017. Now he is financially dependant on my parents.
He is not eligible for sponsorship but I have to add him in IMMM0008 form.
my question is,

1. In form IMM0008, Question 3- How many family members, including you, are in this application? Ans: 3 (Father+ Mother+Brother)
Is it Correct ?

Please correct me if I m wrong.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
I logged a technical issue when I was not able to a link my parents application to their CIC account. Got reply from CIC and they said i have to use "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" counting 2 for parents + 1 for sponsor + 1 for cosigner = 4. But still not able to link the application using 4.
Is it true you have to include cosigner in counting total number of family members ?

Also they said to leave city of birth and country of birth empty, but it didn't actually let you proceed without filling these 2 things. What CIC rep is upto, I don't know.

Any one?

Note: I got sponsorship approval on 28August, almost month now.

nikhil001

Nov 29, 2016
Question regarding this:

My parents will have to get certified passport and marriage certificate for the supporting documents.

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

• “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
  • the name of the original document,
  • the date of the certification,
  • his or her name,
  • his or her official position or title, and
  • his or her signature.
For example: my dad passport photocopy will say:
  • “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
  • the name of the original document - Passport
  • the date of the certification - 23 Sept. 2017
  • his or her name, - My Dads name or a notary public name?
  • his or her official position or title - My Dads title or a notary public title?
  • his or her signature - my dads signature or a a notary public signature?
Thank you

Please help. its urgent!!

Last edited:

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
I logged a technical issue when I was not able to a link my parents application to their CIC account. Got reply from CIC and they said i have to use "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" counting 2 for parents + 1 for sponsor + 1 for cosigner = 4. But still not able to link the application using 4.
Is it true you have to include cosigner in counting total number of family members ?

Also they said to leave city of birth and country of birth empty, but it didn't actually let you proceed without filling these 2 things. What CIC rep is upto, I don't know.

Any one?

been there done that. i just gave up

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Actually, the situation is,
My brother is 24 year old, single. After graduation(in 2014), he worked for 2 years(2015 and 2016) and recently he started his MBA in 2017. Now he is financially dependant on my parents.
He is not eligible for sponsorship but I have to add him in IMMM0008 form.
my question is,

1. In form IMM0008, Question 3- How many family members, including you, are in this application? Ans: 3 (Father+ Mother+Brother)
Is it Correct ?

Please correct me if I m wrong.
You are wrong. Since he doesn't have a physical/mental disability, he is not a dependent and should not be listed as one anywhere in the application. He is not counted into family size.

A student relying on their parents for financial support does NOT constitute dependency for immigration purposes.

Reactions: ALM123 and Techo

Techo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/7/2015
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
28/8/2015
File Transfer...
28/9/2015
Med's Done....
Re-medical on 4/July/2016
Interview........
In process status on 19 October 2015
You are wrong. Since he doesn't have a physical/mental disability, he is not a dependent and should not be listed as one anywhere in the application. He is not counted into family size.

A student relying on their parents for financial support does NOT constitute dependency for immigration purposes.
Thank you Rob_TO for your prompt reply..

st17

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Hello everyone,
This is regarding Q:4 part "d" of SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND :
"d) been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa OR visitor OR temporary visa to Canada or any other countries"

My parents already applied for temporary visa few years ago but rejected. It was a simple temporary visa and they never entered to Canada.Should I put Yes to answer this question?

Thank you all, Already got lots of help here!

Alex_2017

Mar 21, 2017
Montreal QC
Hello everyone,
This is regarding Q:4 part "d" of SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND :
"d) been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa OR visitor OR temporary visa to Canada or any other countries"

My parents already applied for temporary visa few years ago but rejected. It was a simple temporary visa and they never entered to Canada.Should I put Yes to answer this question?
You should put yes and then give the details in the box below.
A few years back they refused a temporary visa to Canada to my mom, so I put yes to answer this question and then provided the explanation. It worked fine.

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Hi Guys, I am looking out for your expert advice again. I am planning to sponsor my parents to live in Canada with me. I am not sure about if I am eligible yet and I looked up for minimum income threshold which is confusing to me.

I got my PR in 2016 December. I have been working FT since 2013 with decent income and got married in 2016

Present situation: Me and my spouse working full time.

My confusion is what should be our income to sponsor our parents? We will be family of four members once we sponsor our parents.

Your advice is much appreciated!

PS: I was able to find income level and their breakdown. It shows for family of 4 your income for past three years should be $58,768 , $57642 and $57125. Is my understanding correct?

Last edited:

Hkirty

May 17, 2017
Hi guys i just got selected for parents grandparents file. When you applied wht happens next ? After how long we get application number ?

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
been there done that. i just gave up
hey, i managed to link it. Actually left bank the place of birth city and country. if you put country it will give you an error because you have to fill c

Any one?

hey, i managed to link it. Actually left bank the place of birth city and country. if you put country it will give you an error because you have to fill city too. it worked.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi Guys, I am looking out for your expert advice again. I am planning to sponsor my parents to live in Canada with me. I am not sure about if I am eligible yet and I looked up for minimum income threshold which is confusing to me.

I got my PR in 2016 December. I have been working FT since 2013 with decent income and got married in 2016

Present situation: Me and my spouse working full time.

My confusion is what should be our income to sponsor our parents? We will be family of four members once we sponsor our parents.

Your advice is much appreciated!

PS: I was able to find income level and their breakdown. It shows for family of 4 your income for past three years should be $58,768 , $57642 and $57125. Is my understanding correct?
To apply to the lottery in 2018, you will need qualifying income while living in Canada (could be under a work permit) since 2014 or 2015 (rules will be confirmed later). Income earned while living in another country, would not count.

For family size of 4, your income amounts are correct.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
hey, i managed to link it. Actually left bank the place of birth city and country. if you put country it will give you an error because you have to fill c

hey, i managed to link it. Actually left bank the place of birth city and country. if you put country it will give you an error because you have to fill city too. it worked.
This is weird. when I tried to leave city and country of birth empty it doesn't allow me to proceed.
Also are you also counting cosigner when putting total number of family members ?

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
This is weird. when I tried to leave city and country of birth empty it doesn't allow me to proceed.
Also are you also counting cosigner when putting total number of family members ?
Hello, yes. i used 4 people.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hi guys i just got selected for parents grandparents file. When you applied wht happens next ? After how long we get application number ?
There's no definite date, depends if IRCC needs more info/docs to start processing. For the initial applicants the AOR was received within 35-40 days but not it's a bit slower. I believe now they're starting to process applications sent around mid July.