+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
It does not count towards the PR residency requirement.

It does not count towards the citizenship requirement at this time. Once the new rule is passed, time spent as a visitor will be counted for citizenship up to two years (with each day counting as half a day towards the residency requirement).
I heard for work permit and student they are counting like that the way you explained I wasn't sure for parents. It is a good news.

Thank you

Last edited:

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
My docs were received on June 29th. But I cannot add to the excel, seems to be readable.
My question.. before we get the AOR some 30 days afterwards, is there a way to confirm that they have received it? Does helpline have the info of package received and in queue?

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
My docs were received on June 29th. But I cannot add to the excel, seems to be readable.
My question.. before we get the AOR some 30 days afterwards, is there a way to confirm that they have received it? Does helpline have the info of package received and in queue?
yes the excel sheet has limited access to some members. We can update your info on it.
Well if you had asked this question to track your application before you mailed it you could have found this link useful.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/text-pilot.asp
Besides this your best bet is delivery confirmation from courier/canadapost and/or CIC AOR.
You can also call cpc mississauga and give them your client id. In some cases they have been able to confirm receipt of file.

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
yes the excel sheet has limited access to some members. We can update your info on it.
Well if you had asked this question to track your application before you mailed it you could have found this link useful.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/text-pilot.asp
Besides this your best bet is delivery confirmation from courier/canadapost and/or CIC AOR.
You can also call cpc mississauga and give them your client id. In some cases they have been able to confirm receipt of file.
Darn.. delivery confirmation would have been such a wonderful thing if I had known this before..
Thanks anyway

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
Hi yalgar, provide following details, you are added.

Home country ?
Courier or Canada Post?

VivianL

Jul 14, 2017
I am about to submit the application soon, just wondering how much I need to pay now to sponsor both my parents? Looks like I need to pay full amount 2k upfront....
Thanks in advance!

stan7175

Feb 14, 2014
Anyone used the new form IMM1344 ( 06-2017) ? I have been trying to validate this form and for some reason it is giving me error for cosigner contact information :format you enter is incorrect...must be numeric and does not start with 11" . I selected Canada/US checkbox and entered valid canadian number but it fails on co signer information. I had old version of this document from 2016 and it validated successfully. Can i use the last year version as it validated? i am pretty sure many of you have used the last year version as the new version just released.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone used the new form IMM1344 ( 06-2017) ? I have been trying to validate this form and for some reason it is giving me error for cosigner contact information :format you enter is incorrect...must be numeric and does not start with 11" . I selected Canada/US checkbox and entered valid canadian number but it fails on co signer information. I had old version of this document from 2016 and it validated successfully. Can i use the last year version as it validated? i am pretty sure many of you have used the last year version as the new version just released.
I am about to submit my application Tomorrow , But after looking at your message I realized that this form got changed, Do you know which date it got changed to ( 06-2017) If that is the case I need to get this form signed by my parents and couriered once again from India to Canada which is going to waste another week . I wish this application process was online so that we could eliminate the need for physical signatures.

The form that I have filled and signed is ( 07-2016 ) and its dated as 29 Jun, 2017 ( near the place where it needs to be signed ) .

Michigan12

Apr 25, 2017
Hi,
quick question, I am sponsoring my parents only, my siblings are in their 30s and not being sponsored, do I need to fill IMM5669 for my siblings too?
Appreciate your help.
Thank you.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
quick question, I am sponsoring my parents only, my siblings are in their 30s and not being sponsored, do I need to fill IMM5669 for my siblings too?
Appreciate your help.
Thank you.
I have not filled any separate IMM5669 - Schedule A Background/Declaration form for my Siblings who are not part of this sponsorship application. But please note that I am planning to post my application tomorrow.

Reactions: Michigan12

stan7175

Feb 14, 2014
I am about to submit my application Tomorrow , But after looking at your message I realized that this form got changed, Do you know which date it got changed to ( 06-2017) If that is the case I need to get this form signed by my parents and couriered once again from India to Canada which is going to waste another week . I wish this application process was online so that we could eliminate the need for physical signatures.

The form that I have filled and signed is ( 07-2016 ) and its dated as 29 Jun, 2017 ( near the place where it needs to be signed ) .
Can you try to fill up the new form and see if you can validate successfully and re open the file after closing the pdf? I am planning to send old 2016 form as I was unsuccessful even after multiple attempts.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you try to fill up the new form and see if you can validate successfully and re open the file after closing the pdf? I am planning to send old 2016 form as I was unsuccessful even after multiple attempts.
I tried filling the form, first I just added my details, everything got validated, then I added my spouse details as co-signer, Added contact details and it validated successfully again. do not cut paste phone numbers , just type it in in the form.

Otherwise download latest form from CIC website .

But I am going to send old form because the new form just got released last week and my form is already signed and dated as 29 June, 2017, so it would waste some more time to get new form signed from overseas. I scanned the contents of old and new form and I do not see any difference in the forms other than adding two horizontal lines near Quebec declaration as shown in attached screen capture.

Canadacase

Jul 1, 2017
Toronto
I tried filling the form, first I just added my details, everything got validated, then I added my spouse details as co-signer, Added contact details and it validated successfully again. do not cut paste phone numbers , just type it in in the form.

Otherwise download latest form from CIC website .

But I am going to send old form because the new form just got released last week and my form is already signed and dated as 29 June, 2017, so it would waste some more time to get new form signed from overseas. I scanned the contents of old and new form and I do not see any difference in the forms other than adding two horizontal lines near Quebec declaration as shown in attached screen capture.

Hi
I had suffered with same issue ( error message for cosigner telephone number and residency declaration ) for June 2017 form .

I had submit both form (July 2016 old form and June 2017 new form ) as CIC suggest to attach new form June 2017 with explanation letter and screen short for the error message.

Canadacase

Jul 1, 2017
Toronto

Hi

New form IMM 1344 changes around 23 June ( I noticed change this date) may be form change earlier than this date .