+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
certus881 said:
Can a person sign the same petition 4 times. Doesn't that lose it's credibility when reviewed. I would suggest tell 4 other people about the petition and if they agree with what's on the petition. Have them to sign it.
How about if you do it with a different email id and a phone number

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
zarahsak said:
Oh boy, you got me!! Duplicate and erroneous entries got many of us outraged in the first place. STOP.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
I know people here are really eager to get communication from CIC after they filled forms in Jan for parental sponsorship. I was just on a phone call with CIC and the automatic recorder says that CIC is sending mails to people who filled the application online starting 25th April. If you have not heard from CIC till the 8th May then you must raise a case specific inquiry. Thought it may help you guys.

zarahsak said:

vernon22445

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Hi Guys,

I got invitation for sponsoring my parents but I have question on my minimum necessary income. I came to Canada only in 2014 July, so my employment income for 2014 is $44174.
will I be eligible ?

EEapplicant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
vernon22445 said:
Hi Guys,

I got invitation for sponsoring my parents but I have question on my minimum necessary income. I came to Canada only in 2014 July, so my employment income for 2014 is $44174.
will I be eligible ?
You should have done this evaluation before applying :)

Now having said that, according to the requirement you must have had 56K+ in 2014 so answer to your question is no, you are not eligible.

However, if you are married or have common-law-partner then you may be eligible as per guideline below:

Your spouse or common-law partner may help you meet the income requirement by co-signing the sponsorship application. A common-law partner is a person who is living with you in a conjugal relationship and has done so for at least one year prior to the signing of the undertaking.

The co-signer must:

meet the same eligibility requirements as the sponsor;
agree to co-sign the undertaking;
agree to be responsible for the basic requirements of the person you want to sponsor and his or her family members for the validity period of the undertaking.
The co-signer will be equally liable if obligations are not performed.

If your co-signer is a common-law partner, you must submit the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409).

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
vernon22445 said:
Hi Guys,

will I be eligible ?
for a family of 3; no. If your spouse co sign with you. Family of 4, you need: $57,125

vernon22445

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
certus881 said:
for a family of 3; no. If your spouse co sign with you. Family of 4, you need: $57,125
The only reason why my income was low that year in Canada (year 2014) is because I came here only at July end.

I was working in my country before I came here, so If i show the proof and match the difference will they accept my application ?

vernon22445

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
vernon22445 said:
The only reason why my income was low that year in Canada (year 2014) is because I came here only at July end.

I was working in my country before I came here, so If i show the proof and match the difference will they accept my application ?
In 2014 only I was in Canada and rest of my family was in home country.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vernon22445 said:

Nope, there is no exception.
Only Canadian income is used to determine your qualification.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
vernon22445 said:

This is exactly why the systems failed! You do not meet Canadian income in 2014 period! If you sent in the application it will be rejected after 2 years and you lose your chance to apply in the next 2 years when you become eligible

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
bfach said:
Marwan Tabara from South Kitchener Hespeler (Ontario)
Thank you. I just spoke with my MP Carla Qualtrough's assistant as well. And she said the same thing . That yes they will have another draw after removing ineligible sponsors. So I would say a ray of hope again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vernon22445 said:

Doesn't matter why it was low. You either meet the income requirement or you don't. So no point submitting an application in your case.

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
SC89 said:
Thank you. I just spoke with my MP Carla Qualtrough's assistant as well. And she said the same thing . That yes they will have another draw after removing ineligible sponsors. So I would say a ray of hope again.
waiting to here from my MP too, my friend's MP is the NDP immigration critic. It would be nice to have an update from her. Anybody heard from other MPs?

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
deerestlovelybear said:
Write to the media, that how change was made last year.

In fact there were note that someone submitted 6 times under different addresses of different relatives and were selected on one, not sure how they filtered in this case, people can have same name and same date of birth
Write, saying something like "Breaking News - CIC's immigration lottery system is broken & hacked by fake entries , we have enough evidences, contact if need more information" , that's what I am gonna do, don't write individual sad stories...

If many emails and messages goes like this, they will sure to get attention and circle back ! They are always in search for such news where they can blame public system and govt agencies for their inefficiency.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Guys, some MPs said they will do another draw, but if they do not fix the systems then another draw will also results in the same disappointment. They have 90 days from now to do another systems that at least must include income for 3 years for sponsor and cosponsor and SIN of sponsor and with warning that duplicate entries will results in complete bar from next year lottery. Only so then the next draw will be fair. I suspect the number of people meeting income requirements is only about 25-30K, so if they have done it right from the beginning, the chance of being selected is 1/3 instead of 1/10 like they did