+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Congrats.. If you see the status, mark your application status as received and in process. Which url did you try finally that worked?
So when you try and check status, you have 2 options. 1)Link application. I was trying to do that but was getting message that no application exists 2) check status.

I read subsequent thread that I may be using wrong number of members in application and thus getting error to lonk application

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Is it same to assume that there is no point trying to link the application, if ecas doesnt show it received
Even it doesn't show received, you still can link as long as CIC has it in the system. Once you have linked, you can see the file number even CIC hasn't sent to you yet.

ra2429

May 29, 2017
I posted this before.

-----------------------------------------------------

There are some tricks when you try to link the applications. The info you type in needs to be exactly the same as the one you provided in your application form even the capital letters, space, etc. You only choose one of the birth place and the passport info. Now the most tricky part is the number of people in your application. It should be: sponsor (+ co-signer if there is any) + applicant (+co-applicant if there is any), in any case, children are not counted. But it is not always working, so try from 2 to whatever number you used in your package.
Good luck!
Thanks Cocoa. I read your post before and did exactly as you said but no luck!

t1910

Jun 2, 2017
It gets updated at night. I checked at 12am EST and it said 'application received'. I checked again in the morning around 8:30am EST and the status was 'Decision Made'.
Can you tell me what would be the next step once it shows up in ecas as application received

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello all, Apologize as it might be a repetitive post but i am new member here so need your assistance. I sent the application on 25th of July and it was received on 26th of July. How can i check online what's the status of my application. Can somebody guide me through and provide a link. I have read the thread here but i am confused. sorry for that :(

PGP2017Applicant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hello all, Apologize as it might be a repetitive post but i am new member here so need your assistance. I sent the application on 25th of July and it was received on 26th of July. How can i check online what's the status of my application. Can somebody guide me through and provide a link. I have read the thread here but i am confused. sorry for that :(
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp Still too early to check though. Some people who sent their applications in June still can't see anything online. Give it a few weeks.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
IRCC received my application on 7/21. Approximately how long before I could see it on ECAS or should try to link with my online account?

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Really confused why they sent it to Ottawa though... my parents aren't in Canada and are back home in Russia. Shouldn't they have sent it to the LVO in Europe?? Hmm
If no interview required, then no problem at all. Just in the end, your parents will be asked to send passports to Ottawa, so they will mail to you and you mail to Ottawa, then Ottawa mail back to you, you mail back to your parents.