+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
The biggest discremination that happens right nown with PGP applications is the security check. This is done at differentd step of the process with spouses. For PGP they wait until the last step for no reason. This should not happen. Unfortunately, the applicants are too old to complain and the sponsors let it go once parents arrive.

On the other hand, spouses have much more energy and are impatient to get with loved ones. So their files are dealt with different urgency. Quiet an oversight and discremenatoey policy.

This imbalance is not cool.

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Hi,

We passed medicals.

I am finally able to link my parents’ application and now I can see in online account “you passed medical” and ecas is medical results received. Anyone any idea how long till next step and what is next step.

My ecas showing medical received since last week, but I was not sure if it means passed. Now after checking with some forum members and able to see in online account I am sharing we passed medical.

Background check in process.

We are 2017 first round case.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The biggest discremination that happens right nown with PGP applications is the security check. This is done at differentd step of the process with spouses. For PGP they wait until the last step for no reason. This should not happen. Unfortunately, the applicants are too old to complain and the sponsors let it go once parents arrive.

On the other hand, spouses have much more energy and are impatient to get with loved ones. So their files are dealt with different urgency. Quiet an oversight and discremenatoey policy.

This imbalance is not cool.
Most spousal sponsorship are approved. There are many PGP that aren't completed for many reasons so that is likely with the security checks are done later.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Most spousal sponsorship are approved. There are many PGP that aren't completed for many reasons so that is likely with the security checks are done later.
I would have agree had I not seen only few pgp apps rejected (no more than 3 on 2017 excel sheet) and all for short income which can be check right at the beginning anyway with direct access to CRA. Taking this as a statistical sample, the percentage should be really low that the balance tilts in favor of doing security check as application process is started. This is not a good reason for not doing security check in time.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi,

We passed medicals.

I am finally able to link my parents’ application and now I can see in online account “you passed medical” and ecas is medical results received. Anyone any idea how long till next step and what is next step.

My ecas showing medical received since last week, but I was not sure if it means passed. Now after checking with some forum members and able to see in online account I am sharing we passed medical.

1- Can you let us know how you were able to link finally since you had the issue of representative?
2- If your case is in Ottawa then it's much faster than being at a secondary LVO. You should check excel sheet for others like you.
3- You may or may have not passed eligibility and that is something you can only tell from your GCMS/ATIP notes once you request them.
4- After Eligibility is Security Check which can take few days (basically no security check needed) to 12 months (depending on LVO) and it's done by IRCC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would have agree had I not seen only few pgp apps rejected (no more than 3 on 2017 excel sheet) and all for short income which can be check right at the beginning anyway with direct access to CRA. Taking this as a statistical sample, the percentage should be really low that the balance tilts in favor of doing security check as application process is started. This is not a good reason for not doing security check in time.
You've only seen a small fraction of applicants and those who are on the forum may be the most educated about the process. Many may also not be healthy enough to pass the medical or may even pass away. The process used to take many years so many things could change during the process.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
The process used to take many years so many things could change during the process.
Not a fair reason to discremenate. If things were worst it was because of conservatives - just a political agenda.

You've only seen a small fraction of applicants and those who are on the forum may be the most educated about the process. Many may also not be healthy enough to pass the medical or may even pass away.
I think this sample is a statistically viable sample (sorta).
I agree with medical and pass away suggestions but those can be done as upfront medical to make sure things go fast. Security should start start after medical is passed. Point is there is a solution if they want.

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
1- Can you let us know how you were able to link finally since you had the issue of representative?
2- If your case is in Ottawa then it's much faster than being at a secondary LVO. You should check excel sheet for others like you.
3- You may or may have not passed eligibility and that is something you can only tell from your GCMS/ATIP notes once you request them.
4- After Eligibility is Security Check which can take few days (basically no security check needed) to 12 months (depending on LVO) and it's done by IRCC.
1. I just uploaded form to add representative instead of canceling, same form that I sent to CIC already

2. I think It’s in Ottawa.

3. Latest notes i have are one ordered in December and I got in January, how do I figure out from notes, please give info about that if possible.

I can see some pages blank with s19 written.

Last year we sent PCC in June or July and also rprf fees requested back in July last year and paid

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
1. I just uploaded form to add representative instead of canceling, same form that I sent to CIC already

2. I think It’s in Ottawa.

3. Latest notes i have are one ordered in December and I got in January, how do I figure out from notes, please give info about that if possible.

I can see some pages blank with s19 written.

Last year we sent PCC in June or July and also rprf fees requested back in July last year and paid
1. If by simply uploading a form it allowed you to link right away then it was just a farce. If it took them some days to verify then it was a true process.
2. You can tell if it's in Ottawa or no by reading ATIP notes. I know they are too much but you have to carefully read it. Usually you see Secondary Office or see New Delhi etc...not hard to tell.

S.19 means someone's consent was missing (yours, your co-sponsor, applicant, or co-applicant). That is nothing to do with Background Check. However, S.15(1) is about national security.

Check the latest activities on the notes and you can tell where it is. You should see Eligibility Passed with a big paragraph.

I can analyse this for you if you pm me if you want.

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Security should start start after medical is passed. Point is there is a solution if they want.
I think that security should be done before medical. It seems to be the longest part of the process and IRCC claims that they have no control over its duration as 3rd parties are involved. If it takes longer than 12 months, results of the medical exam will expire. It is not a problem for my parents, for example, to do the test again as they live in the same city as local DMP, but for a lot of parents remedical can be problematic as they need to travel who knows how far just to do the tests. Also even if the security done in less than 12 months after medical and visas are issued, parents do not have much time to plan their move to Canada and will most likely need to come to Canada just to do the landing and then travel back to their country to finalize their affairs there.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
I think that security should be done before medical. It seems to be the longest part of the process and IRCC claims that they have no control over its duration as 3rd parties are involved. If it takes longer than 12 months, results of the medical exam will expire. It is not a problem for my parents, for example, to do the test again as they live in the same city as local DMP, but for a lot of parents remedical can be problematic as they need to travel who knows how far just to do the tests. Also even if the security done in less than 12 months after medical and visas are issued, parents do not have much time to plan their move to Canada and will most likely need to come to Canada just to do the landing and then travel back to their country to finalize their affairs there.
Well, yeah that would be better but then policy makers will argue for costs etc.
Anyhow, yes, it's a big burden and it's discriminatory against old people. Not that what we say here will ever have any impact but can rant so it's out of our system lol

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi,

We passed medicals.

On Ecas is
Hi,

We passed medicals.

Yeah on Ecas just say “medical received” even though you passed already.

dangerjas

Mar 7, 2015
Please advise me on how count family size

year 2018- Myself + wife + child ( born June) + parent = 5
year 2017- Myself + wife + parent = 4
year 2016 - Myself + wife + parent = 4

do i need to meet MNI for size of family 5 for past 3 year or it would be each tax year OR what would be family size for past 3 years for MNI for application in 2019.

thanks

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Please advise me on how count family size

year 2018- Myself + wife + child ( born June) + parent = 5
year 2017- Myself + wife + parent = 4
year 2016 - Myself + wife + parent = 4

do i need to meet MNI for size of family 5 for past 3 year or it would be each tax year OR what would be family size for past 3 years for MNI for application in 2019.

thanks
Example 2
Juan and Lise had a baby in 2017. Juan wants to sponsor his mother. Lise won’t co-sign the application. Juan’s mother doesn’t have a spouse, partner or any dependent children.

For 2017 and 2018, Juan’s family size is 4:

• Juan
  • his partner, Lise
  • his baby
  • his mother
For 2017 and 2018, Juan must check if he meets the income requirement for 4 persons.

For 2016, Juan’s family size was 3:

• Because Juan’s baby wasn’t born yet, the baby is not included for that year.
For 2016, Juan must check if he meets the income requirements for 3 persons.

Reactions: dangerjas