+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Famunion

Nov 7, 2018
My parents in Canada on visitor visa. I called normal call Center number, didn’t speak with representative though. As per electronic message, medical in review and background check in process.

It did say some additional documents required and we will get email or letter for more information about additional documents. Now I am wondering and also worried what’s our medical status if we passed and what additional documents they need.

Thanks for replying
Can you please share the number and if any easy way to get to the automated message soon without listening to all other options :)
Thankyou in advance!!!

Reactions: jbhkaur

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Can you please share the number and if any easy way to get to the automated message soon without listening to all other options :)
Thankyou in advance!!!
‭1 (888) 242-2100‬, I pressed first option to check status and then it will tell option to select. It does not take very long to get to electronic message, long wait if you want to speak with representative.

What about you, your parents in Canada? And what’s medical status?

Thank you for replying

Famunion

Nov 7, 2018
‭1 (888) 242-2100‬, I pressed first option to check status and then it will tell option to select. It does not take very long to get to electronic message, long wait if you want to speak with representative.

What about you, your parents in Canada? And what’s medical status?

Thank you for replying
Medical has been received since August 2018, automated message says background check in process. In the forum someone said it could take 1 year for background check depending ( my dad is retired government employee). No, he is back home

Reactions: jbhkaur

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Medical has been received since August 2018, automated message says background check in process. In the forum someone said it could take 1 year for background check depending ( my dad is retired government employee). No, he is back home
Because ours is medical furtherance case I am more worried about medical then background check

Famunion

Nov 7, 2018
Because ours is medical furtherance case I am more worried about medical then background check
What reason for further medical tests?
Is your dad having any chronic condition?
My mother medical was refused ( she is no more because she had terminal cancer)

It can be a routine medical request again.

shafiq109

Nov 7, 2018
I am wondering about the excel Data sheet / Data information sheet - Someone from this group or Government of Canada is updating this sheet.
PGP 2016, 2017 & 2018.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am wondering about the excel Data sheet / Data information sheet - Someone from this group or Government of Canada is updating this sheet.
PGP 2016, 2017 & 2018.
I doubt it's the government. More likely YULIA-2016.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Hello I am researching how my husband who is a pr can bring his widowed mother to Canada. Is it really just a lottery selection? If we don’t make the cut one year do we get put in the next draw?

YRM

Oct 16, 2017
My parents got the letter asking for the passports to be sent to the VAC (Visa Application Center) However, I am confused about the VAC I should send the passports to:
My parents are from Cuba but they are in Canada right now.

Where do we send the passports to?
Mexico Visa Office?
Havana Visa Office?
Mississauga VAC?
Ottawa VAC?

What courier should be used considering Canada Post is on strike. :(
Thank you in advance,
YRM

Harshaman

Nov 8, 2017
I think you will receive the passport request soon, because mu mom's medical was don in July In Canada and we received the request , yesterday. Additional documents is usually they ask travel history of your parents. I dont think there should be any problem, may be next month you will get the passport request.

Famunion

Nov 7, 2018
I think you will receive the passport request soon, because mu mom's medical was don in July In Canada and we received the request , yesterday. Additional documents is usually they ask travel history of your parents. I dont think there should be any problem, may be next month you will get the passport request.
My dad's medical was done back home in India. he is right now in India.
But I have seen case being processed/prioritized if medical is done in Canada itself. parents here in Canada either on supervisa or visitor visa

Reactions: Harshaman

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I did receive the welcome package on 13th Nov 2018, My mom just received an email for passport request but there is no update on my cic account.
The email mentions that I am required to send my mom's passport to New Delhi office through VFS.
Now my question and concern is that, my mom is here in Canada from last 2 years on a Supervisa, so my question is that, do I still need to send my mom's passport to New Delhi office ? or can I send the passport to local Canadian office.

Help is very much appreciated
nope, you can send passport to Ottawa as well.
Let them know