Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
weired in my case then ,decision made before submitting rcmp clearance

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Hi,

I wanted to ask if cic start background check after medical pass or they start background check whenever they want. I am asking because status for my parents application is they doing background check.

We are medical furtherance case, first round 2017.

Thank you in advance

17canada

Nov 17, 2018
Surrey
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Hi,

I wanted to ask if cic start background check after medical pass or they start background check whenever they want. I am asking because status for my parents application is they doing background check.

We are medical furtherance case, first round.

In my case they start after medical passed

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Thanks for replying.

I do not have access to mycic account as we have representative (who’s not helpful in anyways) on our case.

I called the call centre to check the status on phone after entering information. It said they are doing background check and they also said they need additional documents and will send more info in letter or email. Electronic message did say they reviewing medical. My dad underwent further tests two weeks ago.

I am more confused now as to what additional documents they need now and what’s going on with our application and medical. I am so worried.

Thank you for replying

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi,

We are medical furtherance case, first round 2017.

Thank you in advance
after medical is passed

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
after medical is passed
Thank you Yulia for replying. So you think I can be a little bit hopeful that we passed medical because on phone system while checking application status it did say background check in process and medical in review. Also on phone system it did say that additional documents are required and we will be informed by email or a letter about what additional documents required. I am so worried about what documents they need now, I am afraid if it is going to be a procedural fairness letter or what

Thank you again for replying

Last edited:

Harshaman

Nov 8, 2017
I did receive the welcome package on 13th Nov 2018, My mom just received an email for passport request but there is no update on my cic account.
The email mentions that I am required to send my mom's passport to New Delhi office through VFS.
Now my question and concern is that, my mom is here in Canada from last 2 years on a Supervisa, so my question is that, do I still need to send my mom's passport to New Delhi office ? or can I send the passport to local Canadian office.

Help is very much appreciated

Reactions: YULIA-2016

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
We received a letter request.

1- Do we need to send any supporting documents with the form5669 and form5562e?
1- What stage is this? Beginning of background check?

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to
continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

XXXXXXXX - First name Last name:
> Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background
Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature for you and your spouse.
Please provide your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 to the present
without any gaps in time. This must be received at this office by: 2018/xx/xx

> Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip
duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information.
Supplementary Information – YOUR TRAVELS form for you and your spouse:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5562e.
pdf This must be received at this office by: 2018/xx/xx

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original
documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Documents sent as attachments cannot exceed 5 MB in size. Any attachment larger than 5MB

must be divided into smaller separate attachments.

Each of the above requested items must be received in our office by the due date listed.
Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete
application number on your correspondence.

Please return this letter with the requested documents.

Famunion

Nov 7, 2018
Thanks for replying.

I do not have access to mycic account as we have representative (who’s not helpful in anyways) on our case.

I called the call centre to check the status on phone after entering information. It said they are doing background check and they also said they need additional documents and will send more info in letter or email. Electronic message did say they reviewing medical. My dad underwent further tests two weeks ago.

I am more confused now as to what additional documents they need now and what’s going on with our application and medical. I am so worried.

Thank you for replying
I have same scenario, My representative is not helpful.
Could you please share which number to contact CIC.
I tried one number but could not get hold of a representative.
Electronic message for my DAD it says background check in process.
Where is your dad right now, in Canada on Visitor basis or back home?

Reactions: jbhkaur

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
I have same scenario, My representative is not helpful.
Could you please share which number to contact CIC.
I tried one number but could not get hold of a representative.
Electronic message for my DAD it says background check in process.
Where is your dad right now, in Canada on Visitor basis or back home?
My parents in Canada on visitor visa. I called normal call Center number, didn’t speak with representative though. As per electronic message, medical in review and background check in process.

It did say some additional documents required and we will get email or letter for more information about additional documents. Now I am wondering and also worried what’s our medical status if we passed and what additional documents they need.

Thanks for replying

Famunion

Nov 7, 2018
I did receive the welcome package on 13th Nov 2018, My mom just received an email for passport request but there is no update on my cic account.
The email mentions that I am required to send my mom's passport to New Delhi office through VFS.
Now my question and concern is that, my mom is here in Canada from last 2 years on a Supervisa, so my question is that, do I still need to send my mom's passport to New Delhi office ? or can I send the passport to local Canadian office.

Help is very much appreciated
My Colleague mother is here since last 5 years earlier on visitor visa and later super visa.
Took her mother to rainbow bridge and she was granted PR. She submitted documents here for her, In local Canadian office ( her medical was also done in Canada)