Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
My Ecas show "Medical received". My CIC account shows, "Medical passed".

Hard to tell what this means. Is this same for everyone?
means you passed

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi, just a quick question
I just got invitation to apply for my parents and noticed that my sister who is 21 is a type A dependent of my father.
Does this mean she can get sponsored as well?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Nope, BC still is Not Applicable after medical passed
I doubt your My CIC Account shows the words, "Not applicable" but I could be wrong. However, it might show something like:

"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." ???

If yes, then it simply means you are in queue and the person in charge to start the security check still hasn't started that.

Apparently, the file gets bounced between a case officer in Mississauga and a case officer in New Delhi until it's complete and in between other officers do the data entry so there is no one person that takes care of everything and so one has to wait until that person in charge picks up the file again which means disarray at all levels.

Except for one person from July medical requests, no one else got Background Check started yet. The problem is that they didn't acknowledge receiving any documents and everyone probably emailed the documents. It probably wasn't possible to upload to My CIC account too...

On average based on those Orange colors it seems to have taken 1.5 months for BC to start.

I think these users will be asked for passport request this week and next week (if not already):
Kamal_002 # 2 (MIL)
Kamal_002 #1 /mom+dad+dep/
Shashank86

And these users will receive Decision Made / Pre-arrival notice (1-5 days after DM):
Balwinder Sekhon
sud317
phsio jatti

Last edited:

st17

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
I doubt your My CIC Account shows the words, "Not applicable" but I could be wrong. However, it might show something like:

"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." ???

If yes, then it simply means you are in queue and the person in charge to start the security check still hasn't started that.

Apparently, the file gets bounced between a case officer in Mississauga and a case officer in New Delhi until it's complete and in between other officers do the data entry so there is no one person that takes care of everything and so one has to wait until that person in charge picks up the file again which means disarray at all levels.

Except for one person from July medical requests, no one else got Background Check started yet. The problem is that they didn't acknowledge receiving any documents and everyone probably emailed the documents. It probably wasn't possible to upload to My CIC account too...

On average based on those Orange colors it seems to have taken 1.5 months for BC to start.

Thank you so much for detail information, BC in MyCIC account was showing Not Applicable from beginning but I was hoping to be changed after Medical Passed. Hope staus changes to something else soon!

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Thank you so much for detail information, BC in MyCIC account was showing Not Applicable from beginning but I was hoping to be changed after Medical Passed. Hope staus changes to something else soon!
NP, so Background Check (BC) line will not be related to Medical. Medical will show PASSED and then BC line will change to something like "We started processing your background check". I think that is like the final stage and if that goes well then you get passport request.

So based on your Aug 23rd of Medical Pass then you should be in queue for week of Oct 1st or Oct 8th. I could be very wrong on timing :p

st17

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
NP, so Background Check (BC) line will not be related to Medical. Medical will show PASSED and then BC line will change to something like "We started processing your background check". I think that is like the final stage and if that goes well then you get passport request.

So based on your Aug 23rd of Medical Pass then you should be in queue for week of Oct 1st or Oct 8th. I could be very wrong on timing :p
Yup, they did not ask for PCC yet, I am going to email them probably make some noises to start

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Yup, they did not ask for PCC yet, I am going to email them probably make some noises to start
That is interesting because they did ask for PCC from everyone else in July. They asked for Right of Landing Fees proof, police certificate, and medical. Well, maybe you don't need it hopefully.

I doubt Webform and emails help. They fall in deaf ears. GCMS notes show notes like, "correspondence received. Application is in queue..." and they don't respond either.

dde

May 31, 2018
My mother visited usa multiple times. Her stays averaged 1 to 1.5months or less every year.
Recd request for landing fees and fbi clearance last month.
Pais fees and emailed she never stayed 6months any year.
Is that ok , pl?

Reactions: YULIA-2016

st17

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Sent PCC to LVO by email last night and got passport request email this morning ! :)
Thank you all for advising, I learned a lot from this forum and I am almost sure I couldn’t make it alone without you guys.
Thanks Yulia for supporting.
Wish you all the best and hope you all have your family around you very soon !!