+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Cairo Visa Office.
You are lucky and congrats.

This is dealt with in months. New Delhi office which does other countries + indian citizens has been taking almost a year now and still no response.

Is there something systematic going on? This is not fair to certain people.

Reactions: moheb

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Thanks for the reply..But the DFA office advised us to fix the problem in his PSA birth eventhough they have supporting documents, he have an old passport that his middle name is correct.In his PSA birth, his middle name is incorrect and they need to file a case and send it to main office which is in Manila. They told my parents to wait 4-6mos. I will probably send my brother's old passport with an explaination.
Yes, you can do that send his expired passport with explanation and documentation of what is going on..i am sure it will be okay but might hold the PR visa issuance as they have to wait for your brother’s valid passport before they will issue it..I hope it goes well, 6mos goes by fast at least your brother is included in the sponsorship which makes things a little easier than going thru a different category...

Dream big dream

May 1, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I'm sponsoring my parents from Egypt, I got the invitation September 2017, application sent November 2017, Got approved as a sponsor March 2018 then my parents got the email for medical examination and requested to send other documents today April 16, 2018, one of the documents required to be sent is their original passports, not sure what I can do as they are coming to Canada on May 27, tickets are booked long time ago. I emailed the embassy and immigration office with my concern but just in case I don't get a reply soon your advice is much appreciated. Thanks!.

U r so lucky. I am 2nd round too, but only got SA. I don’t know how CIC determines LVO, my parents already with me in Canada for 2 years, but their LVO is Hong Kong.
If I were u, I will do what they ask me to do. I don’t want any accident. You and your family will have lots of time together after they get their PR.

Last edited:

DaisyDaffodil87

Mar 30, 2018
Yes, you can do that send his expired passport with explanation and documentation of what is going on..i am sure it will be okay but might hold the PR visa issuance as they have to wait for your brother’s valid passport before they will issue it..I hope it goes well, 6mos goes by fast at least your brother is included in the sponsorship which makes things a little easier than going thru a different category...
Thanks Alot..

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Can someone help me understand a problem that I am facing regarding parents marriage certificates? My parents marriage certificate is from a south asian country (Urdu Language) and they live in the UAE. 2 completely different languages. They got the Translation and the translation companys affidavit from the company in Dubai that the Canadian consulate recognizes. Dubai Courts are refusing to notarize those documents as the document are not in the language they notarize documents (They notarize Arabic documents).

Would the 1) stamped and signed translation of the marriage certificate and 2) An affidavit from the translator with their company stamp and signature be sufficient for the marriage certificate requirements?
Yes , These translation typing centers in Dubai/Abu Dhabi get these documents attested for you with additional fee. Even they get it attested from foreign affairs.

Ask these translation typing service centers near or located in the same area of court. You will be able to get marriage certificate attestation done from them and it is accepted by the Canadian Embaasy in Abu Dhabi.

Reactions: musicengg

Garoo

Feb 26, 2018
Hi, is there anyone having ifo. about PGP2017 application received after August 3rd? My parent Application status keeps saying Application received.

Garoo

Feb 26, 2018
Hi everyone, I have applied for my parent with 4 dependent. First, we decided my parent come first and then apply for dependents; is it possible to bring all together?
Thanks.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello Everyone,

I'm sponsoring my parents from Egypt, I got the invitation September 2017, application sent November 2017, Got approved as a sponsor March 2018 then my parents got the email for medical examination and requested to send other documents today April 16, 2018, one of the documents required to be sent is their original passports, not sure what I can do as they are coming to Canada on May 27, tickets are booked long time ago. I emailed the embassy and immigration office with my concern but just in case I don't get a reply soon your advice is much appreciated. Thanks!
so did you get PPR request?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi everyone, I have applied for my parent with 4 dependent. First, we decided my parent come first and then apply for dependents; is it possible to bring all together?
Thanks.
If you mentioned just parents going to Canada you have to redo ur application because they issue visa just for parents according ur form

moheb

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
& did you pay for the right of permanent residence in advance or after your application was approved?
I paid it after my application was approved, actually I paid it yesterday because one of the required documents is the proof of payment for the right of PR.

I wonder why would they give me a 15 days window to complete everything including the medical exam and send everything by courier. anyways my only complaint was because I already booked them tickets like 2 months ago to come here in May.

mrmr80

Star Member
Feb 25, 2018
I paid it after my application was approved, actually I paid it yesterday because one of the required documents is the proof of payment for the right of PR.

I wonder why would they give me a 15 days window to complete everything including the medical exam and send everything by courier. anyways my only complaint was because I already booked them tickets like 2 months ago to come here in May.
Oh that's too tight!!! But l recommend you to cancel the trip if the tickets are refundable...don't take the risk. Anyways they will take PR and join you very soon . congrats again and God bless....l am Egyptian too by the way but l live in Quebec.