+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
Thank you for the reply. Appreciate it.!!

And I also read the requirements before applying, it says you need to submit the NOA for 3 years as financial proof, however doesn't say its mandatory requirements and i did not took the spot. The email says the first 10,000 applicant didn't submitted the file on time so they sent further invites to the same people in the pool. If i will not submit, they will send further invites. So don't worry about me wasting the spot. Thanks.
Not sure if they gonna invite more but certainly you are not the only who has done that.. Better not try to apply, you will lose money and time on the package and finally you will get a letter of refusal. Check this thread for more such cases

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Question - Any idea how long will it take to get PR for those who have applied this year? Have they mentioned the time frame anywhere?

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011

And I also read the requirements before applying, it says you need to submit the NOA for 3 years as financial proof, however doesn't say its mandatory requirements and i did not took the spot. The email says the first 10,000 applicant didn't submitted the file on time so they sent further invites to the same people in the pool. If i will not submit, they will send further invites. So don't worry about me wasting the spot. Thanks.
No they won't send further invites for this year. Alot of the first 10,000 applicants included people like you who did not read the requirements and hence submitted the intent to sponsor form. NOA for last 3 years is a requirement n that's why it says 'you need to submit'. This year's invites are over regardless of the number of applications CIC will receive. It will reopen with 10,000 spots next year.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/283364462069280/?multi_permalinks=328930410846018&notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1505323100536872

Go to this fb page and see the frustration of people waiting to apply. FYI they have all read the requirements carefully and have been eligible. Some people have been trying for 3 or 4 years. Some of them even had the application ready before this year as they were ready to submit it on the first come first serve basis.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Hi everyone,
I received email this month from CIC to apply PGP 2017. In the beginning of this year, I had all the documents ready but didn't got selected in the lottery. I have the application package ready but the dates and signatures on the IMM 1344 are from last year (Dec 2016). Will that still be valid? I also have documents (parents passports, parents marriage certificate ) notarized in India as well from Nov 2016. I see that document checklist is updated.

Please advise.

Thank you so much.
You would need to use new updated forms, whatever is there on the site right now. The previous forms are outdated, so if you use them you can probably expect CIC requesting you new forms and delaying your application.
As your parents passport and marriage certificates are concerned when you request them to sign new forms you can also request them to sign their marriage certificate and passport with new dates.
Good luck.!!!

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Hi All,

In My CIC account why I can't see my parents application under the view my submitted application or profiles?

Please advise
Thanks

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No they won't send further invites for this year. Alot of the first 10,000 applicants included people like you who did not read the requirements and hence submitted the intent to sponsor form. NOA for last 3 years is a requirement n that's why it says 'you need to submit'. This year's invites are over regardless of the number of applications CIC will receive. It will reopen with 10,000 spots next year.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/283364462069280/?multi_permalinks=328930410846018&notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1505323100536872

Go to this fb page and see the frustration of people waiting to apply. FYI they have all read the requirements carefully and have been eligible. Some people have been trying for 3 or 4 years. Some of them even had the application ready before this year as they were ready to submit it on the first come first serve basis.
Well others frustrations are not my concern because i cannot help them. I am also frustrated too.. Can you help me with mine? No right.. I know lot of people who are waiting and trying to get sponsorship to be done since years. And people waiting to even apply. If there is something that needs to be addressed, it has to be done by IRCC to include this as a mandatory field rather then confusing people like us who are honestly trying the same way as others like you.!!

If they make it clear next year, it would work well if not, people like us with less information or less clarity will apply again being unknown about the fact of refusal. If it clarifies your frustration for others and your own.

I am not here to justify my intent to apply. I am here for help and support. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated..!! Which i assume you cannot so thank you very much.!! Have a wonderful day ahead.!!

And yes, i will email IRCC on my thoughts and will suggest to assign to someone else if they think i am not eligible as per there guidelines, if this reduces your concern on my honestly applied wastage thought and others waiting time frustrations.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

No they won't send more invites, this is it for 2017. The next round will be for 2018 year with a new 10K spots open.

So yes, you indeed wasted a spot of someone who may have qualified. And you even state you read the rules requiring 3 years proof, so no idea why you submitted a lottery entry anyways. There was a link during lottery to the complete application guide which clearly stated this, if you had bothered to read everything.

Note that for 2018 they may also require 2014/2015/2016 NOAs, depending on their timing for submissions and if 2017 taxes will be completed by then. So a chance you may not qualify next year either, you'll need to wait until 2018 rules are posted.

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No they won't send more invites, this is it for 2017. The next round will be for 2018 year with a new 10K spots open.

So yes, you indeed wasted a spot of someone who may have qualified. And you even state you read the rules requiring 3 years proof, so no idea why you submitted a lottery entry anyways. There was a link during lottery to the complete application guide which clearly stated this, if you had bothered to read everything.

Note that for 2018 they may also require 2014/2015/2016 NOAs, depending on their timing for submissions and if 2017 taxes will be completed by then. So a chance you may not qualify next year either, you'll need to wait until 2018 rules are posted.

Thank you again for the reply. And as i mentioned already in my previous post, i will leave this on IRCC to take a call on whats right and whats wrong and whats wasted or coming next. Appreciate your concern. and All the best for your application.

Have a wonderful day ahead.!!

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Well others frustrations are not my concern because i cannot help them. I am also frustrated too.. Can you help me with mine? No right.. I know lot of people who are waiting and trying to get sponsorship to be done since years. And people waiting to even apply. If there is something that needs to be addressed, it has to be done by IRCC to include this as a mandatory field rather then confusing people like us who are honestly trying the same way as others like you.!!

If they make it clear next year, it would work well if not, people like us with less information or less clarity will apply again being unknown about the fact of refusal. If it clarifies your frustration for others and your own.

I am not here to justify my intent to apply. I am here for help and support. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated..!! Which i assume you cannot so thank you very much.!! Have a wonderful day ahead.!!

And yes, i will email IRCC on my thoughts and will suggest to assign to someone else if they think i am not eligible as per there guidelines, if this reduces your concern on my honestly applied wastage thought and others waiting time frustrations.
Well I am trying to help here too, If others concern are not your concern then you better not be here.. I don't understand you making a U turn. you did say that you read the requirements before. There was no confusion if you would have read the requirements. and yes i hope CIC fix this issue. but we people need to help other people by not applying for a lottery if are not eligible for it.

And regarding helping with other peoples frustration, YES you could have helped them by not applying for the spot.

FYI: I was selected in the lottery, just in case you think that i am writing just because i am frustrated of not being selected.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
'Application Received' should be changed to "In progress". possibly that's why + we had a lot of advise how to link it so read PGP-2016.
use case#
skip passport info
applicant info for all the rest / follow capital or low case letters like in your application/
family size = adults so 2.3 or 4
Woow. that's something new to me. mine didn't changed to 'In progress', or maybe it does changed for few days and I didn't noticed and now its back to 'Application Received' that's bad on me.
So if it changes to 'In Progress' should it stay like it or what should be the next update ? anyone ?
I tried your suggestion from PGP-2016 thread on how to link application and followed every trick but still no luck. I think I should wait for now.

Last edited:

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I am trying to help here too, If others concern are not your concern then you better not be here.. I don't understand you making a U turn. you did say that you read the requirements before. There was no confusion if you would have read the requirements. and yes i hope CIC fix this issue. but we people need to help other people by not applying for a lottery if are not eligible for it.

And regarding helping with other peoples frustration, YES you could have helped them by not applying for the spot.

FYI: I was selected in the lottery, just in case you think that i am writing just because i am frustrated of not being selected.

Lol.. do you really think i applied intentionally to be selected and take someone else's spot.. you are funny. If i would have been aware of this fact then i would have never done that.. at least you can believe that.?? I have no interest in wasting my time either in going through all this if i know i cannot be eligible.

Anyways.. i already emailed IRCC and will let them decide what they want to do. This is a helpful forum i know that's why i was here to ask a urgent question which was for this so that i can email IRCC. I know because i have helped a lot of people for there process too so i know what help and support is.

Also, this forum is not for concern, its for help and support. Concern can be made only if you can help them in getting PR processed. All we do here is help and support in the process application to get the PR file ready. Which people do.. not because they are concerned. Because they feel like helping others and its people to people approach in heart to feel the same way. You could have taken concern for me in thinking my way who applied not knowing the fact and getting frustrated now that it might end up in a dead end. Do you concern about my wishes and my thoughts.. Can you help me with this.? No.. you cannot think like me..

All you see is the spot... Lol.. you are not here for others concerns too.. think about it..!!! help people with faith and honesty not for your personal concerns and believe.

Anyways.. all the best to everyone here who think my way or other way.. hope all of you meet there parents grandparents sooner then later and get them here in Canada to live the same life as before.. be together.. live together.. God bless all.

lol.. you are really funny.. :) Enjoy the day

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Woow. that's something new to me. mine didn't changed to 'In progress', or maybe it does changed for few days and I didn't noticed and now its back to 'Application Received' that's bad on me.
So if it changes to 'In Progress' should it stay like it or what should be the next update ? anyone ?
I tried your suggestion from PGP-2016 thread on how to link application and followed every trick but still no luck. I think I should wait for now.
wait a little bit and try again, if not - send them a technical error

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
Same happened for me.. and tell you that I saw it move from Application Received to In Process (and around that day I got the SA approval email) and then it went to Application Received again today. Didnt check in between... that means we should consider the status as irrelevant

st17

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Lol.. do you really think i applied intentionally to be selected and take someone else's spot.. you are funny. If i would have been aware of this fact then i would have never done that.. at least you can believe that.?? I have no interest in wasting my time either in going through all this if i know i cannot be eligible.

Anyways.. i already emailed IRCC and will let them decide what they want to do. This is a helpful forum i know that's why i was here to ask a urgent question which was for this so that i can email IRCC. I know because i have helped a lot of people for there process too so i know what help and support is.

Also, this forum is not for concern, its for help and support. Concern can be made only if you can help them in getting PR processed. All we do here is help and support in the process application to get the PR file ready. Which people do.. not because they are concerned. Because they feel like helping others and its people to people approach in heart to feel the same way. You could have taken concern for me in thinking my way who applied not knowing the fact and getting frustrated now that it might end up in a dead end. Do you concern about my wishes and my thoughts.. Can you help me with this.? No.. you cannot think like me..

All you see is the spot... Lol.. you are not here for others concerns too.. think about it..!!! help people with faith and honesty not for your personal concerns and believe.

Anyways.. all the best to everyone here who think my way or other way.. hope all of you meet there parents grandparents sooner then later and get them here in Canada to live the same life as before.. be together.. live together.. God bless all.

lol.. you are really funny.. :) Enjoy the day
I'm really sorry. I'm not talking about you specifically but I agree if someone dont care about the basic requirements then being selected in a lotarry, they indeed take the other eligible spots. If it said you need to submit the NOA for 3 years as financial proof, it is definatly mandatory requirements. If not, why they asked for it though? I even talked to a lawyer and made sure I finantially meet the minimum prior to submit. I think it makes everything nicer if we take responsibilities of what we do/want to do. Specifically when it goes to lotarry. Its just not fair...again sorry and wish you all the best!
P.S : I'm also talking as a selected person!

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Same happened for me.. and tell you that I saw it move from Application Received to In Process (and around that day I got the SA approval email) and then it went to Application Received again today. Didnt check in between... that means we should consider the status as irrelevant
Exactly the same here, moved from App received to In progress (after Sponsorship approval decision made, i.e. approved) then back to App received after a few days. No need to worry.