+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Sponsorship questions (please I need answers)

redd01

Dec 23, 2017
Okay I am thinking about sponsoring my parents but I have a few questions I need clarification. Will try to be as clear as possible with not too much revealing info.

Family size - not Canadian /PR
Dad
Mum
sister 1 (on study permit here in Canada, 21 years <DOB dec 2017>) *not really doing well in school hence the need for sponsorship*
sister 2 (21 years <DOB dec 2017> - study permit in Europe *will have to return home upon graduation*)
sister 3 (17 years - will be starting university on a study permit in APRIL 2018)
brother 1 (10 years *with mum and dad*).

Dad and mum both working (5 years till retirement *middle class - we try to get by*) dad doesn't really want to move to Canada. I just want to be able to sponsor my siblings so they can pay cheaper fees.

So ideally, I would like to sponsor all 6 of them - meaning i would have to prove minimum income for 7 people. so far my salary has been increasing over the past 3 years .. currently at 72k per year previous years have been 69K and 65k respectively. There is no cosigner (ideally I would love to have both parents cosign but I guess i cant cos they dont pay taxes here / live here / don't have PR.

Question 1
so I'm guessing my minimum income only permits 5 persons (that's including me) ?

Question 2
Can I sponsor only mum and not dad ? That way I can have room to wriggle in my 17 year old sister ?

Question 3
I have 2 older brothers that have become PR - can they sponsor the remaining siblings or will my last 2 siblings just have to figure it out for themselves? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?

Please any information will be appreciated. I'm just ready to gather documents with the hope that I will get an invite to submit documents

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) Yes - that's correct.
2) No - you cannot. To sponsor your parents you must meet LICO requirement for both of them plus all of their dependents (whether those dependents are coming to Canada or not).
3) See above. To sponsor your parents you must meet LICO requirements for both of them plus all of their dependents (whether those dependents are coming to Canada or not).

When do your two sisters turn 22 (I assume they are twins)? One option would be to leave both of them off the application if they turn 22 this December.

Your parents certainly cannot cosign the application. Your brothers cannot cosign either. The only person who could be able to cosign is your spouse / common law partner if you had one (that would of course increase the number of people you have to count for LICO by 1).

Reactions: redd01

redd01

Dec 23, 2017
1) Yes - that's correct.
2) No - you cannot. To sponsor your parents you must meet LICO requirement for both of them plus all of their dependents (whether those dependents are coming to Canada or not).
3) See above. To sponsor your parents you must meet LICO requirements for both of them plus all of their dependents (whether those dependents are coming to Canada or not).

When do your two sisters turn 22 (I assume they are twins)? One option would be to leave both of them off the application if they turn 22 this December.

Your parents certainly cannot cosign the application. Your brothers cannot cosign either. The only person who could be able to cosign is your spouse / common law partner if you had one (that would of course increase the number of people you have to count for LICO by 1).
Thank you for the enlightenment haha. Ot makes more sense now. Both sisters turn 22 early 2018 .. so i guess i will just leave them out

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It takes numerous years for a PGP to be processed so reduced tuition would only apply to your younger brother even if you got selected after your sisters turn 22.

Reactions: Buletruck