+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Sponsorship - Medical Issues

Miller2018

Aug 20, 2018
I was selected in the 2018 lottery to sponsor in the parent & grandparent class, and am now working on getting the paperwork together to sponsor my mother and her husband. I'm now concerned about the medical inadmissibility issue, and am a bit confused with how and when that piece happens and I can't find a clear source of information on this. I'm hoping you can help.

First of all - - we've begun all of the documents in the Document Checklist "Sponsor - for Parents & Grandparents." No where in this list does it have any information on medical exams or criminal checks, though I know that is a part of the requirement when applying for PR. Does that information come later? Is there another document checklist I should be using?

For the medical question, it's a multifaceted question:
- I am sponsoring my mother and her husband. She is diabetic - it appears this isn't reason enough to deny her, but I can't find a clear answer on what is and isn't admissible by CIC as it seems to be based on expected cost - how is that determined?

- Her husband has had more health concerns, including cancer (he is now in remission). If he is denied, does that automatically disqualify my mother as well?

- Can she be approved alone, without him?

- If she is disqualified as an extension of his medical issues, can she re-apply in future should he die?

- If one or both of them is diagnosed with a new health issue during the 2-3 year processing, how do we go about disclosing this?

- If they are denied due to medical issues, is there any way for them to immigrate beyond on a "Super Visa"?

- If they are denied due to medical issues, are the fees returned?

Thank you for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was selected in the 2018 lottery to sponsor in the parent & grandparent class, and am now working on getting the paperwork together to sponsor my mother and her husband. I'm now concerned about the medical inadmissibility issue, and am a bit confused with how and when that piece happens and I can't find a clear source of information on this. I'm hoping you can help.

First of all - - we've begun all of the documents in the Document Checklist "Sponsor - for Parents & Grandparents." No where in this list does it have any information on medical exams or criminal checks, though I know that is a part of the requirement when applying for PR. Does that information come later? Is there another document checklist I should be using?

For the medical question, it's a multifaceted question:
- I am sponsoring my mother and her husband. She is diabetic - it appears this isn't reason enough to deny her, but I can't find a clear answer on what is and isn't admissible by CIC as it seems to be based on expected cost - how is that determined?

- Her husband has had more health concerns, including cancer (he is now in remission). If he is denied, does that automatically disqualify my mother as well?

- Can she be approved alone, without him?

- If she is disqualified as an extension of his medical issues, can she re-apply in future should he die?

- If one or both of them is diagnosed with a new health issue during the 2-3 year processing, how do we go about disclosing this?

- If they are denied due to medical issues, is there any way for them to immigrate beyond on a "Super Visa"?

- If they are denied due to medical issues, are the fees returned?

Thank you for your help.
The medical request will come later in the process. Both your mother and her husband must pass the medical. If either one of them is refused, both will be refused. The landing fee will be returned if they are refused - the other feels will not. Yes - your mother can apply again later.

The super visa also requires applicants to pass a medical. Note that a super visa does not allow a person to immigrate. It simply allows them to visit temporarily as a visitor.

Given their ages and health situations, the parent & grandparent immigration class is really their only option of immigrating.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Us####

Feb 4, 2020
Hi,

Did u find any solution for your father and mother for their pr program. I jave seen the link displayed above. Suppose of a person is having some brain tumour he is all right now but having hormonal treatment but he is not able to walk without support. Can cic refuse the pr for this reason.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Did u find any solution for your father and mother for their pr program. I jave seen the link displayed above. Suppose of a person is having some brain tumour he is all right now but having hormonal treatment but he is not able to walk without support. Can cic refuse the pr for this reason.
Very hard to comment on his medical case with such little ibformation. The fact that he has a brain tumour is probably another issue. Did you get selected for PGP2019 and are you waiting to do the medical?

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Hi everyone ,

could hepatitis C be a reason for a sponsorship application denial , even after the treatment done backhome and medications and pills supplied by the sponsor ?