Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Does US offer this? NO, I have my friends in US whose parents can only stay upto 6 months at a time.
I would say be contempt with what you have currently.
Your friend in the US is likely not a citizen as US citizens can sponsor their parents. There are no limits or caps on how many can be sponsored.

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Indeed. It is a coverage/health care issue. This is why in my only comment earlier in the thread I suggested that a middle-of-the-path approach could be to at least allow Canadian citizens who have financial means to support their parent's healthcare to bring their parents without playing the stupid lottery system. From what I recall, the average cost of tax-funded healthcare per person in Canada is around $6K. Considering parents are going to be in their later stages of life, a higher amount (maybe 10K, maybe 15K,) could be set for their insurance expenses. This will also reduce the demand/load on the other PGP stream as Canadians who have the means to finance their parent's healthcare would be glad to bypass the queue/lottery system.

Honestly, I am no expert, but I am sure the govt can do a lot better in this regard. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for understanding my point. I dont mind purchasing private insurance for my parents. Even if it’s expensive I will save up on other things and pay for their insurance. They will never be a burden on healthcare. This lottery system is the concern I have. What if we are never selected and invited to apply?

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I think we all are, talking about things which we cannot do anything about. Let's talk about things, which are under our control. I will start:
Based on 2020 application form, do we have a list of documents needed to even apply for application to sponsor parents via lottery?
Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They could make it like in the US where you can sponsor, parents, kids, siblings and spouses (without limitations) and do away with this lottery system.
The limitation is provided you are citizen. But in Canada, you can sponsor them if you are PR.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Thanks for understanding my point. I dont mind purchasing private insurance for my parents. Even if it’s expensive I will save up on other things and pay for their insurance. They will never be a burden on healthcare. This lottery system is the concern I have. What if we are never selected and invited to apply?
So you are fine with the immigrants that can’t afford expensive private insurance for health care not able to bring their parents over to Canada?

Also, the way that hospital and health care is set up now, anyone would be admitted into hospital without any provincial health care or private insurance… so if you don’t buy private insurance or you can’t buy private insurance after your parents become PR, they still can use the tax payer funded health care system.

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
So you are fine with the immigrants that can’t afford expensive private insurance for health care not able to bring their parents over to Canada?

Also, the way that hospital and health care is set up now, anyone would be admitted into hospital without any provincial health care or private insurance… so if you don’t buy private insurance or you can’t buy private insurance after your parents become PR, they still can use the tax payer funded health care system.
Well Andrew, all I want is immigrants who have worked hard and legally obtained status as PRs or Citizens could bring their immediate family members (parents) in their country of residence. It's unfair to have lottery system for parents. Win a parent in lottery?? WoW!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Well Andrew, all I want is immigrants who have worked hard and legally obtained status as PRs or Citizens could bring their immediate family members (parents) in their country of residence. It's unfair to have lottery system for parents. Win a parent in lottery?? WoW!
Wow is right . Considering people who CHOSE to immigrate were NEVER promised they’d be able to sponsor or bring their parents to Canada .
It’s pretty rich to start complaining now .

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has just announced an update to the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP). IRCC will accept up to 15,000 complete applications for sponsorship under the PGP this year.

On October 10, IRCC will begin sending invitations to apply to 24,200 interested potential sponsors, aiming to receive up to the 15,000 complete applications.

Due to the number of forms remaining in the pool of submissions from 2020, invitations to apply will be sent to randomly selected potential sponsors from that pool instead of opening a new interest to sponsor form.

If you submitted an interest to sponsor form in 2020, but did not receive an invitation to apply in 2021 or 2022, you are encouraged to check the email account you provided in 2020 when you submitted your interest to sponsor form.

If you are invited to apply as part of the 2023 intake, IRCC will continue to use the Permanent Residence Portal or the Representative Permanent Residence Portal, which allow applications to be submitted electronically.

Reactions: Naturgrl

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
Hello!
Any idea for 2023 draw which years income eligibility works as they picking from 2020 applicants.
2018,2019,2020 or 2021,2022,2023?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello!
Any idea for 2023 draw which years income eligibility works as they picking from 2020 applicants.
2018,2019,2020 or 2021,2022,2023?
It will be the most recent three years.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
you don’t get how the immigration system in Canada works.
Older people usually do not contribute to the country when they immigrate to that country. Contribute as in paying taxes, work jobs and repopulate. Older immigrants put extra strain on the government system and public system without contributing much. Our health care is already a joke and can’t really look after the current population. Having more older immigrants will just put the public health system into crisis.
Younger immigrants and children can contribute and help their future country for decades by working and paying taxes. They are essentially the future generations for Canada.

I am sorry this sound rude or mean but this is why bringing in older immigrants aren’t a priority.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Indeed. It is a coverage/health care issue. This is why in my only comment earlier in the thread I suggested that a middle-of-the-path approach could be to at least allow Canadian citizens who have financial means to support their parent's healthcare to bring their parents without playing the stupid lottery system. From what I recall, the average cost of tax-funded healthcare per person in Canada is around $6K. Considering parents are going to be in their later stages of life, a higher amount (maybe 10K, maybe 15K,) could be set for their insurance expenses. This will also reduce the demand/load on the other PGP stream as Canadians who have the means to finance their parent's healthcare would be glad to bypass the queue/lottery system.

Honestly, I am no expert, but I am sure the govt can do a lot better in this regard. Just my 2 cents.
You are underestimated the costs. Attached costs for 2017 which will have gone up considerably since then. If you were required to purchase private health insurance to sponsor a parent you would likely end up paying substantially more per year because a small amount of healthy seniors or seniors who don’t seek care until they are on their deathbed skew the numbers. Some seniors will cost system millions while others live to their 90s with minimal health issues and die in their sleep peacefully. The WW2 generation in general have also been much more reluctant to seek medical care partially because they remember the days before Medicare and often don’t want to by a bother to the healthcare system. They also have been relatively healthy because of a diet that without too much processed food, didn’t have access to an excess of food for the majority of their lives and typically included exercise as part of their normal life.
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/aging-and-expenditures-on-health-care.pdf