+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parent grandparent pr program 2023 - intake form

harry gambhir

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Can someone help me understand when will the intake form for 2023 become available?
I am unable to find it online.
Any update for this year?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can someone help me understand when will the intake form for 2023 become available?
I am unable to find it online.
Any update for this year?
It has not yet been released so you need to wait for announcement. Expect an announcement in the coming months about eligibility and whether it will be open for new profiles to enter the lottery.

Reactions: fulton1712

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
We, Canadian citizens who are paying taxes years and years dont have right to live with our parents in the same country. Instead our government is thinking how to bring more students, more workers, more refugees... I have nothing against them let them bring whoever and let us all help them too but why depriving hard working Canadians right to bring parents in and reside with them until they are alive? They are the ones who raised us and gave birth. So unfair and unconstitutional. We dont say anything, we dont complain, we just hope every year that we will be selected in this lottery pool of 200K applications. We need to wait 20 years probably to be selected, IF LUCKY. Our parents will be alive by then? Maybe we need to speak up?

• Love

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We, Canadian citizens who are paying taxes years and years dont have right to live with our parents in the same country. Instead our government is thinking how to bring more students, more workers, more refugees... I have nothing against them let them bring whoever and let us all help them too but why depriving hard working Canadians right to bring parents in and reside with them until they are alive? They are the ones who raised us and gave birth. So unfair and unconstitutional. We dont say anything, we dont complain, we just hope every year that we will be selected in this lottery pool of 200K applications. We need to wait 20 years probably to be selected, IF LUCKY. Our parents will be alive by then? Maybe we need to speak up?
There have been a number of petitions. There was an MP-backed petition on here very recently - maybe a month or so ago? Not sure if it's still open or what the outcome was. I'll see if I can find it.

It may be unfair but it is not unconstitutional.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There are many petitions/change.org potions every year posted on this forum. You can try but the government is not going to increase quotas. The issue is that parents and grandparents are most likely not going to work, pay taxes but use the health care system. A health care system that cannot even handle current numbers. It is not unconstitutional. In fact, many parents are going to tap into provincial and federal subsidies. No where does our charter say that citizens and PRs have to right to bring their parents to Canada as PRs.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Here's that recent petition in case you're interested: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4385

Reactions: Kate_20

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Well, it wasn't hidden that parents are not considered as part of the immediate family unit on IRCC website.
As you immigrated, it's the fact that you may be living in a different country than your parents. Good luck on the future lottery if that's the on-going process with IRCC for PGP. (they could stop PGP entirely which they did before)

fulton1712

Star Member
Jun 27, 2022
Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
08-10-2019
I have been trying to sponsor my parents for the past 5 year with these lottery systems it's same thing as winning a loto Max.
The system sucks, they need to come up with a new system that is easier.

Reactions: Kate_20

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
I think one compromise or middle-of-the-path solution could be to enhance SuperVisas to 20-30 years with no limitation on the duration of stay. And have some sort of govt backed, but privately funded health insurance which the sponsor needs to pay out of pocket every year. Something like $5K to $10K a year per parent.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think one compromise or middle-of-the-path solution could be to enhance SuperVisas to 20-30 years with no limitation on the duration of stay. And have some sort of govt backed, but privately funded health insurance which the sponsor needs to pay out of pocket every year. Something like $5K to $10K a year per parent.
It will be very high cost to setup such healthcare system and $10k won't even cover portion of the cost to run it. (unless there are lots of limitation and that will result in ppl going to the public healthcare system and not paying for the cost of care. I have seen many ppl left without paying back)

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But there really is no duration of stay for a 10 year supervisa since you can extend visitor record and parents need private health care insurance anyways. Government isn’t going to set up a separate system for supervisas and as mentioned $10k per year would not cover public health care costs. What would parents do for general health care with a family physician? Waitlists are years long for citizens and PRs.

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
There have been a number of petitions. There was an MP-backed petition on here very recently - maybe a month or so ago? Not sure if it's still open or what the outcome was. I'll see if I can find it.

It may be unfair but it is not unconstitutional.
Reason I find it unconstitutional is because our government determines who is eligible for family reunification and who is not. They basically discriminate those people who do not have spouses and children - CIC recently came up with big news in May 2023 about importance of family reunification for sponsored spouses and children. If Im single, I dont deserve to have a family (what if my only family are my parents)? Spouse and children are considered family, but not parents? who defines a family? CIC does? How come married people have right to have family in Canada and govt does everything to reunite them... and single people have to play a lottery to be reunited with their family (parents)? is this constitutional? Isnt this a discrimination?

Second point, Canadian born citizens have their parents in Canada they never have to go through the same hardship and separation as naturalized citizens who have to play a lottery to live with their parents before they die. Naturalized citizens work hard to contribute to their country's economy + we also take care of Canadian born citizens' parents but our parents? We have to win them in lottery? Is this constitutional? Isn't this a discrimination? Same applies to naturalized immigrants who came here 20 years ago they had no prob bringing their parents in Canada, they did not have to play in lottery. Why US? Isnt this a discrimination? Maybe Im wrong?