+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper-delivered vs Computer-delivered IELTS test in India

PinkFloyd89

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
I took the test in Mumbai, I remember invigilator clearly reading out about the 2 mins time at the end of each section to check the answers, in fact we were given some time to check the answers, but yes i doubt if it was for 2 mins.
Dude i am pretty sure we are not given 2 minutes between the sections. It is indeed same like a conventional IELTS Pen n paper based test.
For instance, if you finish section-1, we get 30 sections to check our answers and roughly another 30 seconds when the recording for section 2 starts. So a total of roughly about ~1 minute.
Moreover, pragmatically speaking, 2 minutes is pretty much a good amount of time and I think we would notice it if we were given 2 minutes.

Reactions: Pankaj Pundir

paramsingh88

Mar 1, 2018
It was good. Reading Section 1 was damn easy but Section 3 was a bit difficult, still doable. Listening and Writing were easy too. How was yours?
My Speaking Test was on 3rd of October, I am not sure how good or bad it was... the lady asked me just too many random questions - related to childhood, university, breakfast, mornings, shoes, communication technology, lectures and what not. She didn't let me finish my answers to most of the questions. :/
Wats ur score bro ??

Reactions: kanak90

paramsingh88

Mar 1, 2018
People who got their computer based test results, were you able to get your TRF number online? Or did you have to wait for the hard copy to be delivered? How long does delivery usually take?

My test is on the 9th and I'm hoping to make the draw on the 17th.
I got in one day...

Reactions: sgrv

priteshgondalia

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hey, Can you please advise the computer-delivered test center location ? I am in Canada right now and thinking to take computerized test in Bangalore. In Toronto, computerized test centers are not available as in Bangalore. I can see slots in Bangalore.
Hi,

No need to go India just to give IELTS exam, because there is computerized IELTS center in Toronto. It's in Centennial college and they have one exam each week on Thursday. This is the link, from where you will able to book a test from their website. https://ieltscanadatest.com/centre/centennial-college-computer-delivered-ielts/

FYI, right now they only have October exams listed on their site which are sold out, however, I called them for the new dates in November and they informed me that these will be available from next week.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

newEEonOWP

Jan 31, 2018
Hey, Can you please advise the computer-delivered test center location ? I am in Canada right now and thinking to take computerized test in Bangalore. In Toronto, computerized test centers are not available as in Bangalore. I can see slots in Bangalore.
Yes,,

newEEonOWP

Jan 31, 2018
Hi,

No need to go India just to give IELTS exam, because there is computerized IELTS center in Toronto. It's in Centennial college and they have one exam each week on Thursday. This is the link, from where you will able to book a test from their website. https://ieltscanadatest.com/centre/centennial-college-computer-delivered-ielts/

FYI, right now they only have October exams listed on their site which are sold out, however, I called them for the new dates in November and they informed me that these will be available from next week.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks
Thanks a lot for the info. It was much helpful. Since I was going bangalore on a vacation from Oct 19th to Nov 2nd week, I thought to book an exam there itself. My CRS is at 437 since an year and thinking not to waste time now. You are from Bangalore ?

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Thanks a lot for the info. It was much helpful. Since I was going bangalore on a vacation from Oct 19th to Nov 2nd week, I thought to book an exam there itself. My CRS is at 437 since an year and thinking not to waste time now. You are from Bangalore ?
It's on St. Mark's Road, next to UB City.

It's fast enough that you can take one in the first few days of your trip, get the result, take another if you're unhappy with it.

newEEonOWP

Jan 31, 2018
It's on St. Mark's Road, next to UB City.

It's fast enough that you can take one in the first few days of your trip, get the result, take another if you're unhappy with it.
Thank you. This is the first time I am writing IELTS. I have CELPIP results from last year and I am not happy with my score from CELPIP. So little bit confused also on whether to go ahead. I will prepare from now and will book an exam by Oct last week in Bangalore.

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Thank you. This is the first time I am writing IELTS. I have CELPIP results from last year and I am not happy with my score from CELPIP. So little bit confused also on whether to go ahead. I will prepare from now and will book an exam by Oct last week in Bangalore.
Good luck!

priteshgondalia

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
No I am from Surat.

Pankaj Pundir

Mar 15, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Dude i am pretty sure we are not given 2 minutes between the sections. It is indeed same like a conventional IELTS Pen n paper based test.
For instance, if you finish section-1, we get 30 sections to check our answers and roughly another 30 seconds when the recording for section 2 starts. So a total of roughly about ~1 minute.
Moreover, pragmatically speaking, 2 minutes is pretty much a good amount of time and I think we would notice it if we were given 2 minutes.
Agreed.

kanak90

Sep 4, 2018
Hi, how long did it take for you to get your results? Do they send you an email when it's available?
My Speaking was on 3rd and LRW on 5th. I was informed about the result via sms on 10th morning and received the result via courier on 11th morning. They take 5-7 days for computer delivered IELTS.