+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for January 2019 intake gather here!

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Hey guys,

I applied on May 30th and received my first Correspondence letter on July 22nd. Medical passed on July 11. Its been 2 months since I applied--should I submit an enquiry online or do you suggest I wait a little longer?

Just extremely stressed at this point.
Submit an online inquiry, it doesn't hurt....

Reactions: htariq

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
I applied last week only. I have received another email that the decision has been forwarded to IRCC in Pakistan for further processing. I am completely blank. Is this something every one else receives?
I received same thing after 3 days of submission. Is this a refusal?

Syeda.Zainab

Feb 23, 2019
I received same thing after 3 days of submission. Is this a refusal?
I didn't hear anything from IRCC, however, I received another update from VAC:

"Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXXX Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office, ISLAMABAD on 2019/08/05.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website."

Although, I didn't submit any passport, neither I have received a request for medical exam.

Did you hear anything about yours?

Shahzor

Mar 27, 2018
I applied for the third time for a study permit on 12th oct 2018. Still no update. Its been ten months

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
I didn't hear anything from IRCC, however, I received another update from VAC:

"Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXXX Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office, ISLAMABAD on 2019/08/05.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website."

Although, I didn't submit any passport, neither I have received a request for medical exam.

Did you hear anything about yours?
It wasn't letting me reply so I sent you a message.

We got same desicion message on 3rd day of applying. Weird, do you have access to your ircc account to check desicion? You can view desicion on Ecas. We applied through rep so don't have that Info of checking ecas

Syeda.Zainab

Feb 23, 2019
It wasn't letting me reply so I sent you a message.

We got same desicion message on 3rd day of applying. Weird, do you have access to your ircc account to check desicion? You can view desicion on Ecas. We applied through rep so don't have that Info of checking ecas
I do have access to IRCC's study permit application account. My application is still on review of the eligibility stage.
You shouldn't be bothered about VAC status or updates received from them, the only thing that matters that is a reply from IRCC itself.
Nowadays, anyone who submits their application for any visas, they'd receive the same updates from VAC.

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
I do have access to IRCC's study permit application account. My application is still on review of the eligibility stage.
You shouldn't be bothered about VAC status or updates received from them, the only thing that matters that is a reply from IRCC itself.
Nowadays, anyone who submits their application for any visas, they'd receive the same updates from VAC.
Thank you. Will wait and see how it goes.

OwaisShah98

Oct 25, 2019
when you will be finally offered admission, then as a confirmation, University will ask to deposit non refundable amount in CAD. (I deposited 500 CAD as confirmation for U of Calgary, rest nothing paid, because its a course based payment will be course by course when selected.
Assalam o alaikum....
Hope you are doing well. I saw you post that you have been admitted and studied course based program. I would like to ask some questions if you don't mind as I also intend to apply there...
I am bit confused regarding the program M.Engg in Mechanical at Uni of Calgary that it is written on the website that it can be completed in as min as 1 year but usually takes 2 years and upto 6 years max. My question is that if we option to choose the 2 year route then what will be the fee that has to paid for the 1st year?
can we do like this, if the full-time status requires to take 3 courses in each fall and winter terms then will the fee that would be around 1622.7*6 = 9736.2 + 1843 (General fee) excluding the summer & spring terms general fee from this, be that much for whole year? and in the 2nd year taking the 3 &1 courses in fall and winter respectively.
Finally, by taking two years are we allowed to exempt form the summer & spring terms?

OwaisShah98

Oct 25, 2019
when you will be finally offered admission, then as a confirmation, University will ask to deposit non refundable amount in CAD. (I deposited 500 CAD as confirmation for U of Calgary, rest nothing paid, because its a course based payment will be course by course when selected.
As I will be applying through SDS program, which requires confirmation of a year tuition fee paid so how would that be done?
My program has 10 courses in all which would cost about 18k CAD$ (1 year as minimum by taking 3 courses each in fall & winter and 2 each in summer & spring) but they also mentioned that it usually takes 2 years. And I want to choose the 2 year route by not taking the summer spring as mentioned above message and taking remaining 4 courses in next year.

asadmah87

Oct 26, 2019
URGENT INQUIRY

Dear all, i have secured admission at UBC, now i want to go through upfront medical examination, because i have gone through two kidney transplants in 2002 and 2016. now i am Alhamdullialh perfectly fine. Will my study permit be accepted or rejected based on my medical condition. i will be thankful for an expert response.

OwaisShah98

Oct 25, 2019
URGENT INQUIRY

Dear all, i have secured admission at UBC, now i want to go through upfront medical examination, because i have gone through two kidney transplants in 2002 and 2016. now i am Alhamdullialh perfectly fine. Will my study permit be accepted or rejected based on my medical condition. i will be thankful for an expert response.
In what program? and what is your profile?

OwaisShah98

Oct 25, 2019
I believe you have written. I hope you have mentioned about ALL the family ties like family and businesses (if applicable) back in Pakistan. However, approval depends on several other factors as well so no one can tell you about your chances. Just wait and hope for the best.
Assalam o alaikum....
Hope you are doing well. I saw you post that you have been admitted and studied course based program. I would like to ask some questions if you don't mind as I also intend to apply there...
I am bit confused regarding the program M.Engg in Mechanical at Uni of Calgary that it is written on the website that it can be completed in as min as 1 year but usually takes 2 years and upto 6 years max. My question is that if we option to choose the 2 year route then what will be the fee that has to paid for the 1st year?
can we do like this, if the full-time status requires to take 3 courses in each fall and winter terms then will the fee that would be around 1622.7*6 = 9736.2 + 1843 (General fee) excluding the summer & spring terms general fee from this, be that much for whole year? and in the 2nd year taking the 3 &1 courses in fall and winter respectively.
Finally, by taking two years are we allowed to exempt form the summer & spring terms?

OwaisShah98

Oct 25, 2019
However, having said the above, i am not aware of how you presented your case. I have known people who believed that their case was strong but it wasn't and hence they were refused. If you are one of them then probably a weak case wont get you anywhere with the Canadian Embassy. However if you have missed providing all the relevant details about your source of income and the relevant documents then there might be a chance. Also, I have noticed that only those people were accepted who were academically really bright and have 7+ in their IELTS. Even though IELTS is not required, giving it and having a great score increases your chances of approval. Furthermore, a reputable University will also improve your chance of getting approved since it is difficult to get an admission in a good University like UWaterloo or UofT therefore the visa officer will think that you are a bona fide student. The following is what i learned when i applied and it may come in handy to anyone else who might be applying:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp

You can get the document checklist and the required forms for Pakistan here^

Requirements of embassy for study permit....
1.canada application form( 4 forms available on net) update: Number of forms may have changed since i applied so use the above link to know how many are required now.
2.statement of purpose (sop, write 2-3 pages)update: Be very convincing and convince the VO that you are a genuine student who has the necessary sources to fund his education and write about your goals and objectives after completing your education and link them with returning to Pakistan.
3.acceptance letter from university
4.offer letter from university
5. Evidence of fee paid to university. Update: Will help your finances.
6. Ielts photocopy ( must be notarized from notary public)
7. All educational documents photocopy (attested from hec, ibcc, and notarized from notary public )
8. Bank statement( original documents of bank which shows ur details of account and it must be sixth month old account)
9.source of income( mostly show property of 2-3 crore or above,)
10. Family registration certificate (FRC from nadra) original
11.police clearance certificate original
12. Polio certificate original
13. Ur nic and ur father mother nics photocopy and must be notarized
14. Ur original passport and all pages of it photocopy

You need to show a minimum of: tuition fee for the first year plus 12000 cad as proof of funds but the more the better. It would be highly recommended to pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year upfront as it would make your case pretty strong. Make sure the University has a 100% refund policy in case of a refusal.

Make sure to state your purpose and future plans in your SOP like what will you do with your education back here in Pakistan and also makes sure to show ties with your home country (properties, investments, ties with family members etc) that will compel you to leave Canada at the end of your stay. These two are the common reasons of refusal so you have to work on these.

Also check this website:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/international-students.2/

If you have any query, you can ask here as well. This forum helped me a lot when I applied. I hope this information helps you.
As I will be applying through SDS program, which requires confirmation of a year tuition fee paid so how would that be done?
My program has 10 courses in all which would cost about 18k CAD$ (1 year as minimum by taking 3 courses each in fall & winter and 2 each in summer & spring) but they also mentioned that it usually takes 2 years. And I want to choose the 2 year route by not taking the summer spring as mentioned above message and taking remaining 4 courses in next year.

OwaisShah98

Oct 25, 2019
Alhamdulillah , my application got approved today , received the passport request.
Assalam o alaikum....