+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for January 2019 intake gather here!

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Dear Mustansir,

Thank you very much for your message. I have been accepted into a program PhD Biotechnology at Brock University. They are offering a stipend of $31000 CAD, which I’d have $5000 left to cover my living expenses after deduction of tuition fees. That’s why I needed a bank statement ($10,000 × 4 = $40,000, to cover 4 years of living costs). I didn’t submit my online application yet and I intend to request university to change my start date from May to September, as I came to know that I’d need a fresh passport that should be valid for at least 4 years (the length of my program of study).

What's your program of study?
Good to know you Zainab. While you try to make this world a better place by coming up with new innovations, we do our best to ensure a formal structure (State) exists to facilitate the work of geniuses like you. That's where Social Sciences come in to play. :)

I'll be pursuing a Ph.D. in Pol Science at someplace where I am offered substantial living. For now, U of T and U of A are on the waitlist. While Memorial was kind enough to offer a place with acceptable funding for Fall 2019.

I guess they ask for a year's living expense in addition to tuition fees. You do not have to worry about tuition as it will be detailed in the offer letter. Manage the amount of living and other expenses. I am doing the same for now :p Stay connected.

Owaismk937

Mar 6, 2019
Assalamualaikum everyone,

Has anyone applied for May 2019 intake , I have apoplied for Seneca college and submitted study permit application on 20th Feb 2019 along with biometrics.

Please let me know if someone else has also applied and what is their current status showing?

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
@Owaismk937

W.S.

I am in the process of applying for Fall 2019 intake. What's the application mode you choose for your application: Online or Paper-based? If Online then, please list the documents you provided. Its a bit confusing thing for me at the moment. The Online system shows the following personal checklist:
1. APPLICATIONn FORM(s)
Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required)
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
1. Passport (required)
2. Letter of Acceptance (required)
3. Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
4. Digital photo (required)
5. Family Information (IMM5645) (required)
OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS
1. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)

Thoughts, please.

Reactions: Owaismk937

Owaismk937

Mar 6, 2019
@Owaismk937

W.S.

I am in the process of applying for Fall 2019 intake. What's the application mode you choose for your application: Online or Paper-based? If Online then, please list the documents you provided. Its a bit confusing thing for me at the moment. The Online system shows the following personal checklist:
1. APPLICATIONn FORM(s)
Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required)
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
1. Passport (required)
2. Letter of Acceptance (required)
3. Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
4. Digital photo (required)
5. Family Information (IMM5645) (required)
OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS
1. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)

Thoughts, please.
This is what I submitted , Hope it helps , Best of luck!! ,

CANADA STUDY VISA CHECK LIST
ALL DOC 1 SET ORIGINAL AND 1 SET COPY (ALL COPY SET ATTESTED BY NOTTARY PUBLIC)
1-PASSPORT VALID FOR NEXT 6 MONTH
2-IF PREVIOUS PASSPORT AND VISA STAMP PAGES SHOW ALL PASSPORTS
3- AFFIDAVITE OF SPONSOR (FATHER, MOTHER, SIMBLINGS ETC)
4-(F.R.C) FAMILY REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE) FAMILY TREE)
5-SPONSOR NIC +TRUE TRANSLATION AND MAIN APPLICANT NIC+TRUE TRANSLATION
6-SPONSOR (BUSINESS LETTER, JOB LETTER-SALARY SLIP FOR 6 MONTH AND BANK STATMENT +BANK CERTIFICATE)
7-BANK STATMENT FOR LAST 4 MONTH MAINTAIN +BANK CERTIFICATE
8- PROPERTY DOC AND PROPERTY VALUATION AND TENENCY AGREEMENT (IF RENT DOC) ETC
9- POLICE CERTIFICATE.
10-IF SAVING CERTIFICATE SHOW ALL EARNING AND SAVING FUNDS
11-S.O.P STATMENT OF PURPOSE (FOR VISA PURPOSE)
12-VISA FEES $150 AND BIO METRIC 850, CASH SUBMIT ON GERRY
13- C.V, JOB EXPERENCES LETTER ETC
14- ALL EDUCATION AND IELTS DOCS.
15-POLIO CERTIFICATE
16-5 PICS WITH WHITE BACK GROUND

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
This is what I submitted , Hope it helps , Best of luck!! ,

CANADA STUDY VISA CHECK LIST
ALL DOC 1 SET ORIGINAL AND 1 SET COPY (ALL COPY SET ATTESTED BY NOTTARY PUBLIC)
1-PASSPORT VALID FOR NEXT 6 MONTH
2-IF PREVIOUS PASSPORT AND VISA STAMP PAGES SHOW ALL PASSPORTS
3- AFFIDAVITE OF SPONSOR (FATHER, MOTHER, SIMBLINGS ETC)
4-(F.R.C) FAMILY REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE) FAMILY TREE)
5-SPONSOR NIC +TRUE TRANSLATION AND MAIN APPLICANT NIC+TRUE TRANSLATION
6-SPONSOR (BUSINESS LETTER, JOB LETTER-SALARY SLIP FOR 6 MONTH AND BANK STATMENT +BANK CERTIFICATE)
7-BANK STATMENT FOR LAST 4 MONTH MAINTAIN +BANK CERTIFICATE
8- PROPERTY DOC AND PROPERTY VALUATION AND TENENCY AGREEMENT (IF RENT DOC) ETC
9- POLICE CERTIFICATE.
10-IF SAVING CERTIFICATE SHOW ALL EARNING AND SAVING FUNDS
11-S.O.P STATMENT OF PURPOSE (FOR VISA PURPOSE)
12-VISA FEES $150 AND BIO METRIC 850, CASH SUBMIT ON GERRY
13- C.V, JOB EXPERENCES LETTER ETC
14- ALL EDUCATION AND IELTS DOCS.
15-POLIO CERTIFICATE
16-5 PICS WITH WHITE BACK GROUND
Thank you so much for listing your experiences and sharing the checklist. I am applying online. I am not given space to provide many of the documents you have submitted. Perhaps because its online or they are not required. I will keep looking into this issue. Please do let us know if you come across any new info.

link501

Feb 24, 2019
Hi guys,

I need some feedback. I have a Bachelor’s degree and 1.5 years of work experience in writing/editing (which is a pretty generic field). However, I quit my job to find something more specific to my background and have been unemployed for a year. I landed several interviews, but was told time and again that they preferred candidates with an advanced degree from abroad. So I applied to a relevant Master’s program in Canada (consistent with my Bachelor's), and also started an internship in a related field to get the ball rolling.

I was recently accepted with a scholarship covering my entire tuition. My father is retired but financially sound, and has given me a gift deed to cover my living expenses. My parents are based here and I also have two siblings who are both working here. One of them has a PR visa but hasn’t moved to Canada.

Based on the information above, do you think my application is convincing enough or do I appear to have weak ties to my home country? Should I acknowledge the fact that my sister has a PR visa just to maintain transparency or not bring it up at all?

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hi guys,

I need some feedback. I have a Bachelor’s degree and 1.5 years of work experience in writing/editing (which is a pretty generic field). However, I quit my job to find something more specific to my background and have been unemployed for a year. I landed several interviews, but was told time and again that they preferred candidates with an advanced degree from abroad. So I applied to a relevant Master’s program in Canada (consistent with my Bachelor's), and also started an internship in a related field to get the ball rolling.

I was recently accepted with a scholarship covering my entire tuition. My father is retired but financially sound, and has given me a gift deed to cover my living expenses. My parents are based here and I also have two siblings who are both working here. One of them has a PR visa but hasn’t moved to Canada.

Based on the information above, do you think my application is convincing enough or do I appear to have weak ties to my home country? Should I acknowledge the fact that my sister has a PR visa just to maintain transparency or not bring it up at all?
As far as I can tell, you can apply for a visa and you will get it as your background education etc sounds good. Instead of gifts from father why not attach as sponsorship latter from him? And if you can maintain your own bank account with a justified source of earning then that's a plus. For PR and other issues, do not indicate any of it in anywhere. If you show your sisters or brothers are in Canada then they will suspect. You prove your home ties by indicating that your parents are in the home country and that you have a good source of income in your own country. Hope it helps.

Sohail K

Jan 21, 2019
Hi All,

Good Afternoon.
To all the fellows who are applying for a study permit from Pakistan, as per recent check from cic the overall processing time for the applications from Pakistan is 25 weeks means more than 6 months, is that true? Hows your ground experience?
I have applied from Abu Dhabi directly and here it shows 7 weeks, however, I need to cross confirm the situation in Pakistan to be considered for my cousin's application from Pakistan visa office. Thanks

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hi All,

Good Afternoon.
To all the fellows who are applying for a study permit from Pakistan, as per recent check from cic the overall processing time for the applications from Pakistan is 25 weeks means more than 6 months, is that true? Hows your ground experience?
I have applied from Abu Dhabi directly and here it shows 7 weeks, however, I need to cross confirm the situation in Pakistan to be considered for my cousin's application from Pakistan visa office. Thanks
Janab:

That's correct that processing time for candidates from Pakistan is 25 weeks. Here is more info: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Means more than students will not be able to catch their classes. Already the acceptance ratio for Pakistani students is not healthy.
That's a fact. What one can also draw from this is that they are always looking for reasons to decline. No matter what they will always find many. Unfortunate for us but we have to live with the disease we cannot cure.

Malik in canada

Oct 20, 2018
Lol no success for canada visa stop wasting time.
Better to go to aus
Good pay and excellent weather.
Also more chance to stay there and better income

Engr1

Apr 6, 2019
I applied online on 15 February for May intake. My PhD will start in first week of May. Received medical request on 8 March. Passed Medical Exam on 20 March and still waiting for the decision to come.
Please tell me how long it takes after medical exam ?
Assalamualaikum everyone,

Has anyone applied for May 2019 intake , I have apoplied for Seneca college and submitted study permit application on 20th Feb 2019 along with biometrics.

Please let me know if someone else has also applied and what is their current status showing?