+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for January 2019 intake gather here!

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
How much time tgis review and background process take. My classes are going to start on 7 Jan.
Nobody cant predicit these , this depends on your luck and the visa office.

you just have to wait like everybody else , if till the end of december you dont get your application approved , mail your university and get some sort of extension or maybe defer your admission to next intake.

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
Anyone planning to come to Nova Scotia?

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
How much money in cash we can carry from Pakistan??? Will there be any problem if i take around 10000 USD cash from Lahore Airport... and upon asked by Customs agent at airport do i need to disclose it ???

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
How much money in cash we can carry from Pakistan??? Will there be any problem if i take around 10000 USD cash from Lahore Airport... and upon asked by Customs agent at airport do i need to disclose it ???
1) you can carry as much cash as you want.
2) You need to disclose it.
3) over 10,000 cad need explanation for CBSA. ( Where/How/Why you bring in this much money)
4) Taxation

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
1) you can carry as much cash as you want.
2) You need to disclose it.
3) over 10,000 cad need explanation for CBSA. ( Where/How/Why you bring in this much money)
4) Taxation
Thanks for your reply... my actual question was how much money i can take out From PAKISTAN airport... is there any limit from Pakistan ???

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Thanks for your reply... my actual question was how much money i can take out From PAKISTAN airport... is there any limit from Pakistan ???
No there is no limit. Only issue is declaration. How the FIA will react or ask question if or when you tell them you have upto 10000$ usd. That i can't tell you.

App2college

Nov 15, 2018
Applied on Nov 1, asked for medical today. My passport is already with them because I applied by paper, fingers crossed on getting the visa before Jan 2.

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Applied on Nov 1, asked for medical today. My passport is already with them because I applied by paper, fingers crossed on getting the visa before Jan 2.
Did you submit original police clearance certificate and family registration certificate or notorized photocopy?

App2college

Nov 15, 2018
Did you submit original police clearance certificate and family registration certificate or notorized photocopy?
Original police certificate and a copy of the family registration certificate. I turned 18 after applying for Visa though so they didn't need the police certificate from me, I gave it just to be safe.

App2college

Nov 15, 2018
Nobody cant predicit these , this depends on your luck and the visa office.

you just have to wait like everybody else , if till the end of december you dont get your application approved , mail your university and get some sort of extension or maybe defer your admission to next intake.
Did you book an appointment for medical? I called them today for it and they want to schedule me for Dec 17, I don't want to waste anytime so if I can just go without an appointment I'll just do that. I am in Lahore BTW.

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
Did you book an appointment for medical? I called them today for it and they want to schedule me for Dec 17, I don't want to waste anytime so if I can just go without an appointment I'll just do that. I am in Lahore BTW.
You cant go without appointment , like they have an organized system.

Just request them to get an early slot , they will help u out.

When one undergo medical then they will update the passed status on cic website in 4 working days. So better contact to your university for deferrment ,if the visa cant be finalized at the end of december.

Last edited:

App2college

Nov 15, 2018
You cant go without appointment , like they have an organized system.

Just request them to get an early slot , they will help u out.

When one undergo medical then they will update the passed status on cic website in 4 working days. So better contact to your university for deferrment ,if the visa cant be finalized at the end of december.
The medical center says that it'll be passed online after 48 hours of the exam. Other than that, the university lets me defer up until 16 January, I probably won't be deferring until 7 or 8 January. I think I can catch up after missing a few days worth of classes.

OH and I asked them, they said all the other time slots are already booked unfortunately.

husnain99

Dec 10, 2018
Hey Everyone.

This place seems helpful so I would like to share my case before lodging my application.

I completed my British Olevels and Alevels from Pakistan and afterwards started my bachelors in Computer science Engineering at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands .

It's been approx 6 months here since I started my course .

However , I would like to transfer to Canada .

1) Anyone who stayed in Holland for 6 months or more do not need to take medical exam .
2) Visa processing time from Holland is 1-2 Weeks .

My travel history : Australia .

Now I would like to ask, Is it worth it to apply for Canadian Study Visa or would it be a risk even if present my case from here ?

App2college

Nov 15, 2018
Hey Everyone.

This place seems helpful so I would like to share my case before lodging my application.

I completed my British Olevels and Alevels from Pakistan and afterwards started my bachelors in Computer science Engineering at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands .

It's been approx 6 months here since I started my course .

However , I would like to transfer to Canada .

1) Anyone who stayed in Holland for 6 months or more do not need to take medical exam .
2) Visa processing time from Holland is 1-2 Weeks .

My travel history : Australia .

Now I would like to ask, Is it worth it to apply for Canadian Study Visa or would it be a risk even if present my case from here ?
Just write a good Statement of purpose explaining why you want to transfer. As long as you're actually planning on studying, you'll always have a decent chance of getting your visa approved.

The few people I know from developed countries like Australia or Ireland that chose to study abroad had no issues getting a visa.

Even in the worst case scenario, you'll lose like 200-250€, because of the university application+ Visa. I would definitely try it.