Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
zeem said:
Thanks for ur reply , we are looking for :

1. an accommodation which can be a room or some suite arranged for us after landing (which we can pay for in advance ) or do u suggest a hotel ?
There are many people offering rooms in there homes for new immigrants. Search through this: http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-real-estate-short-term-rentals-W0QQCatIdZ42 (there are many other sites for this).

While this is a cheap alternate to a hotel, it is far more riskier than a proper registered hotel, in terms of the place actually being as clean and livable as advertised. Some people get lucky with this, for example I know a gentleman who got a room in a large house (shared by 4 people) and all the other occupants work 2 jobs and come home only to sleep, so the whole house is actually exclusively at his disposal.

I would prefer to move into a hotel immediately for 2 weeks, so I do not have to worry about looking for basic necessities as soon as I land. Then I can choose a temporary (if not willing to commit to a permanent place yet) place, by visiting it first and then making a decision.

As a new immigrant with no car, do not underestimate the importance of being close to public transport and having at least a grocery store within walking distance.

Regards,

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

I need a suggestion from you.

I am planning to visit Toronto in May 2014 and then go to USA after 7 days to spend good time in Disney Land etc. I will return to home country after 1 month but my wife and children will return after getting the PR card for us all. Please advise upon following queries in my mind;

1. Will I be permitted to leave canada by road without having a PR Card ?

2. I plan to take the travelers cheque as proof of funds but bring it back upon on return journey because I will settle permanently in Toronto in 2015 due to pending immigration of my father. Can there be any complication in such arrangement?

3. What could be the benefit of opening a bank account, mobile sim, credit card, property purchases etc while I will be out of canada for 1 year?

Please advise if you have any knowledge as I have only few weeks to complete all arrangements.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
RNSS said:
Dear Friends,

I need a suggestion from you.

I am planning to visit Toronto in May 2014 and then go to USA after 7 days to spend good time in Disney Land etc. I will return to home country after 1 month but my wife and children will return after getting the PR card for us all. Please advise upon following queries in my mind;

1. Will I be permitted to leave canada by road without having a PR Card ? PR Card is required for entering Canada and not leaving it :p ... Don't worry you will be fine... What about your wife and kids will they also be going to the US without PR cards?

2. I plan to take the travelers cheque as proof of funds but bring it back upon on return journey because I will settle permanently in Toronto in 2015 due to pending immigration of my father. Can there be any complication in such arrangement? Travelers cheques will work as POF

3. What could be the benefit of opening a bank account, mobile sim, credit card, property purchases etc while I will be out of canada for 1 year? Having a running credit card (small transaction every month, with payments on due dates), means you are building credit history in Canada which is important for everything here (even to get an internet connection ??? ).. Same applies for your driving licence, the older your Canadian licence the better your insurance rates.... There is no benefit to owning property from a PR perspective, unless you already have plans for it (e.g. your family plans to live in it, or you will be renting it out (not advisable, if you are not in the country and no one is around to solve tenant's problems).

Please advise if you have any knowledge as I have only few weeks to complete all arrangements.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
zubair44 said:
What if we are two person trevelling and taking CAD $17000?
I would still not advise you to carry that much cash. Canada is not that safe a place.

Regards,

zubair44

Oct 18, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for ur reply rizmayo,i have my relatives in toronto and will be staying with them for first few days.Let see what they suggest and will plan accordingly.Cheers

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
zubair44 said:
Thanks for ur reply rizmayo,i have my relatives in toronto and will be staying with them for first few days.Let see what they suggest and will plan accordingly.Cheers
That's a good idea... Take your time to make life changing decisions :)

Regards,

zeem

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO now ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2011
AOR Received.
28/06/2011
IELTS Request
Already Submitted with documents
Med's Request
15/7/2013 (babys med 07-07-14), Spouse rescheduled for Medical :9-9-14
Med's Done....
30-7-2013, 7-7-14, 9-9-14
Interview........
12/2/2013 ..
Passport Req..
PPR 1 : 02-04-2014, PR2 29-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2014
LANDED..........
InshaAllah March 2015
rizmayo said:
There are many people offering rooms in there homes for new immigrants. Search through this: http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-real-estate-short-term-rentals-W0QQCatIdZ42 (there are many other sites for this).

While this is a cheap alternate to a hotel, it is far more riskier than a proper registered hotel, in terms of the place actually being as clean and livable as advertised. Some people get lucky with this, for example I know a gentleman who got a room in a large house (shared by 4 people) and all the other occupants work 2 jobs and come home only to sleep, so the whole house is actually exclusively at his disposal.

I would prefer to move into a hotel immediately for 2 weeks, so I do not have to worry about looking for basic necessities as soon as I land. Then I can choose a temporary (if not willing to commit to a permanent place yet) place, by visiting it first and then making a decision.

As a new immigrant with no car, do not underestimate the importance of being close to public transport and having at least a grocery store within walking distance.

Regards,
thanks for ur reply

Can u suggest some reasonable hotel for our stay in toranto and alberta ?

zubair44

Oct 18, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,By God's grace we landed Toronto airport yesterday through PIA.It was not busy at the immigration queue after a long walk from getting off the plane.We the family of Four reached at the visitors counter where after 5-10 mins wait a CBA officer called us on our turn and asked for passports and COPR also she said how much money are we taking with us and then she wrote that on our landing card.After stamping the passport she directed us to the immigration counter where a cheerful fellow was waiting for us.he just asked us our passports and COPR and the address in Canada where we are going.We provided him the address(my cousin who lives in toronto).He told us to take seat while he completes paper work.After 15 mins he called us on the same counter and took the signature and gave one copy each of COPR back and finally saying "Welcome to Canada now you are the permanent residents of Canada,you have to spend 2 out of 5 years to maintain ur PR status".He goes on to say," if u want u can get ur SIN from the counter further down on ur left,otherwise u can get it from elsewhere"(cant remember exact words he used).We got the SIN from the cabin where officer was pointing us to go.It took another 15 mins to get SIN.Got few leaflets and other literature just before comming out of the immigration premises.Got the porter and got the luggage on the way out to outside the airport where my cousin was waiting to take us home.
So that was it.just the normal questions no need to worry.If anyone needs to ask something relating this u r welcome.All the best :)

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
zubair44 said:
Guys,By God's grace we landed Toronto airport yesterday through PIA.It was not busy at the immigration queue after a long walk from getting off the plane.We the family of Four reached at the visitors counter where after 5-10 mins wait a CBA officer called us on our turn and asked for passports and COPR also she said how much money are we taking with us and then she wrote that on our landing card.After stamping the passport she directed us to the immigration counter where a cheerful fellow was waiting for us.he just asked us our passports and COPR and the address in Canada where we are going.We provided him the address(my cousin who lives in toronto).He told us to take seat while he completes paper work.After 15 mins he called us on the same counter and took the signature and gave one copy each of COPR back and finally saying "Welcome to Canada now you are the permanent residents of Canada,you have to spend 2 out of 5 years to maintain ur PR status".He goes on to say," if u want u can get ur SIN from the counter further down on ur left,otherwise u can get it from elsewhere"(cant remember exact words he used).We got the SIN from the cabin where officer was pointing us to go.It took another 15 mins to get SIN.Got few leaflets and other literature just before comming out of the immigration premises.Got the porter and got the luggage on the way out to outside the airport where my cousin was waiting to take us home.
So that was it.just the normal questions no need to worry.If anyone needs to ask something relating this u r welcome.All the best :)
Welcome to Canada!!!!!!

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
zubair44 said:
Congratulations..... :)

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
zubair44 said:
Guys,By God's grace we landed Toronto airport yesterday through PIA.It was not busy at the immigration queue after a long walk from that was it.just the normal questions no need to worry.If anyone needs to ask something relating this u r welcome.All the best :)

Sir

Congratulation's , I wish a blessed and successful life ahead

Stay Blessed

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
zubair44 said:
wish u good luck Zubair