phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
novie said:
Forgot to mention i traveled with PIA 3-4 months ago to Lahore. Si i traveled thrice with PIA all in all and i am a happy customer. I wish the coming journey will also prove to be well and i pray that if any of you have decided to travel with our national carrier, he will also have a safe journey. Take care.
Good.

I'm now getting more inclined over opting PIA for KHI to TORONTO.

pakistan123

Sep 17, 2012
How can a new Immigrant take funds safely to Canada from Karachi, Pakistan ?

Dear Seniors,

Assalam-o-Alikum.

I have recently received Canadian Permanent Residnet visa. Please guide what is the best/safest way to take my funds to Canada from Karachi.

I had submitted my Permanent Resident fee to London Visa office using a Banker's Cheque in favour of "Receiver General for Canada". Can I have a similar Banker's cheque in favour of "my name" and take it to Canada ? Open a Bank Account in Canada and deposit this Banker's cheque in my account ?

Please guide. Thanks.

abid.himani

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2010
Doc's Request.
July, 2011 and 2012
AOR Received.
17-03-2011
Med's Request
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012 appeared on E-CAS on 01-10-2012
Interview........
InshAllah will be waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 19-04-2013... PPR2 on 02-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
InshAllah Soon !!
at last i chose emirates .. now please if any one can tell me what is the best way to carry funds with u ? means TC, DD Cash etc ???

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
abid.himani said:
at last i chose emirates .. now please if any one can tell me what is the best way to carry funds with u ? means TC, DD Cash etc ???
DD is the best way to take funds with you.

Badar

cimple

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2008
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
shkhassan said:
I have booked PIA for Toronto :)
How much does it cost you
Is any body travel by booking ticket online through travel agency website

Shaani

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Is there any specific Immunization letter/document for children which is required to be signed by the Practising Paediatric? Would really appreciate if someone could share the link to the letter (if any) or guide me on this context?

Thank you !

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Shaani said:
Is there any specific Immunization letter/document for children which is required to be signed by the Practising Paediatric? Would really appreciate if someone could share the link to the letter (if any) or guide me on this context?

Thank you !
Hi Shaani

http://www.chinacanada.ca/ss/down/immunization.pdf

Badar

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
badar14 said:
DD is the best way to take funds with you.

Badar
Dear
How much does it cost ? I mean service Charges at bank per ten thousands CAD.

novie

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
abid.himani said:
I checked with Bank al Habib and they told me about FTT (Foreign currency TT). I think why not take a 6 months verified bank statement to Toronto and after opening account in Canada any of your family member can transfer this sum to your account through FTT. This is a cheaper method as well as it will take max 3 days to get the money plus safest. Explore this option.

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
novie said:
I checked with Bank al Habib and they told me about FTT (Foreign currency TT). I think why not take a 6 months verified bank statement to Toronto and after opening account in Canada any of your family member can transfer this sum to your account through FTT. This is a cheaper method as well as it will take max 3 days to get the money plus safest. Explore this option.
Dear novie
Did you ask about charges and why not take it with ourselves

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
sunasir said:
Dear
How much does it cost ? I mean service Charges at bank per ten thousands CAD.
Brother

Actually residing in KSA so what I did that I open CAD Account after medical in Feb 2013 in HSBC which SABB Bank here. There is too much variation in Canadian Dollar here specially in last three months. Slowly I purchased the CAD and transfer that in my CAD account here when ever the rate is going below 3.66 SAR per dollar.

I will made the DD before the departure in August 2013 which is free of charge in KSA or maximum they will charge SAR 10 for DD. Not sure that is applicable in Pak or not.

Badar

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
badar14 said:
Brother

Actually residing in KSA so what I did that I open CAD Account after medical in Feb 2013 in HSBC which SABB Bank here. There is too much variation in Canadian Dollar here specially in last three months. Slowly I purchased the CAD and transfer that in my CAD account here when ever the rate is going below 3.66 SAR per dollar.

I will made the DD before the departure in August 2013 which is free of charge in KSA or maximum they will charge SAR 10 for DD. Not sure that is applicable in Pak or not.

Badar
Thanks bro for prompt reply ,I also did the same for gathering CAD but couldn't open account in CAD as not accessible to every AC holder ,need special permission from state bank and I couldn't due to some reasons .