+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants waiting for PPR (Stage 1 or 2 letters) from CHC London

novie

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
sunasir said:
Dear novie
Did you ask about charges and why not take it with ourselves
I dont remember about the charges exactly thats why i didnt mention. But that wasn't high. May be USD15. Actually bank earn on spread rather than charges. However, in a couple of days i will recheck with the bank and update the forum members.
Its a matter of choice if one should carry so much cash. I will not prefer to carry cash because you never know who is the informer and when you will be robbed. Actually my style is to understand all the available options and keep the decision pending to the maximum time allowed. So i am still undecided what i am going to do.

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
novie said:
I dont remember about the charges exactly thats why i didnt mention. But that wasn't high. May be USD15. Actually bank earn on spread rather than charges. However, in a couple of days i will recheck with the bank and update the forum members.
Its a matter of choice if one should carry so much cash. I will not prefer to carry cash because you never know who is the informer and when you will be robbed. Actually my style is to understand all the available options and keep the decision pending to the maximum time allowed. So i am still undecided what i am going to do.
Thanks bro ,Actually I was intended to ask about to carry DD with us on 2nd entry to Canada.As an immigrant are you entitled to carry any amount of cash and DD on frequent visits or not?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
sunasir said:
Thanks bro ,Actually I was intended to ask about to carry DD with us on 2nd entry to Canada.As an immigrant are you entitled to carry any amount of cash and DD on frequent visits or not?
W/Salam

Landing money is mandatory to bring along with you. Rest you can declare and bring later on second visit. Rest you earn later will not be tax free you can bring but problem is this that foreign income will not be tax free but there is solution if its not large amount keep it for cash purchasing.

Badar

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
novie said:
I checked with Bank al Habib and they told me about FTT (Foreign currency TT). I think why not take a 6 months verified bank statement to Toronto and after opening account in Canada any of your family member can transfer this sum to your account through FTT. This is a cheaper method as well as it will take max 3 days to get the money plus safest. Explore this option.

In my opinion DD is the good option. I doubt that at air port they will accept bank statement, only draft or cash will be accepted.

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Novie, Hassan,

Please share your lhr Toronto fare of PIA? And also share your agent no.

Thanks,

Toocareless

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
doc sid said:
hello everyone,
i got my ppr1 finally last week after 7 months wait.and then ppr 2 in one week.have sent passports for visa to Islamabad embassy yesterday.planning to leave by mid June God Willing.i have been reading ur blog for the last three months although havnt contributed anything to it. It was very helpful and encouraging though.esp during the depression phase when my ppr wasnt coming.now i have a question, on my generic app form 0008 i mentioned that i wanted to move to Vancouver after landing.after i sent the application i changed my mind and want to move to Toronto or Calgary as i am expecting and in my 6 month.is it ok to do that ? i heard from a friend that u can settle anywhere except quebec and it doesnt matter.plz get bk to me on this.would appreciate ur input.

thank you.
Congratulations. As per my information if you are FSW then you can go to any province of Canada.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
shkhassan said:
By the grace of almighty Allah I got the PPR 1 request from PHEP london.Thanks to all forum members for their guidance and support and my sincere prayers for everyone for quick processing of their cases.
Congratulations, you got PPR1 after 09 weeks of medicals, will you please share your other timelines and application category.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
shkhassan said:
By the grace of almighty Allah I got the PPR 1 request from PHEP london.Thanks to all forum members for their guidance and support and my sincere prayers for everyone for quick processing of their cases.
Congratulations, you got PPR1 after 09 weeks of medicals, will you please share your other timelines and application category.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
msaeed said:
Dear Sir

A piece of advice , if you are travelling with children , chose direct flight either PIA or Emirates , these break journeys will frustrate your children , and are very tiring

Best Of Luck
The wise decision will be to opt PIA, however you have your right for final decesion.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
badar14 said:
Check this one

http://www.chinacanada.ca/ss/down/immunization.pdf

Badar
Thanks for sharing link for children immunization form.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton

Zee.One

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER Received 10-01-2012
IELTS Request
8 bands Sent with Application
File Transfer...
In Process 10-01-2012
Med's Request
10-03-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Interview........
14-02-2013
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (31-05-13) PPR-2 (25-06-13)
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
LANDED..........
Sep/October
You have done wise decision by choosing Emirates.
You will not regret.

abid.himani said:
at last i chose emirates .. now please if any one can tell me what is the best way to carry funds with u ? means TC, DD Cash etc ???

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Emirates vs PIA!

People plz don't forget to share flight experience who r already booked with either of them.

My good wishes in any case :)

Zee.One

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER Received 10-01-2012
IELTS Request
8 bands Sent with Application
File Transfer...
In Process 10-01-2012
Med's Request
10-03-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Interview........
14-02-2013
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (31-05-13) PPR-2 (25-06-13)
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
LANDED..........
Sep/October
There is no comparison at all.
Emirates is all the way.

one might prefer PIA based only one factor which is Direct flight from your base town.

phdmaker said:
Emirates vs PIA!

People plz don't forget to share flight experience who r already booked with either of them.

My good wishes in any case :)