+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants for Express Entry, Let's Network Here

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
I will be trying to get a single PCC which covers the period from my 18th birthday till date. I want to confirm whether at any stage, from creation o fEE profile till getting the visa, do we need to provide CNIC to IRCC? Because my permanent and present address on CNIC doesn't match my current address. If CNIC is not required at any stage, it would be easier for me to get PCC.

One more thing, can my local area police station accommodate PCC request or i will have to go somewhere else?
Yes, Single PCC is enough and you do not need to upload CNIC. Instead you have to mention all the address history in your eAPR. Local police station can not give PCC, better to take it from District police office or city police office.

Reactions: MRF2310

MRF2310

Sep 23, 2017
Dear
In any case you need to send them ssc and fsc certificates and it is to be send by respective board offices themselves. WES will not process your application otherwise. It is mandatory whatsoever!!
Hope it helps....
Just want to add on behalf of my personal experience and understanding. CIC clearly mentions that you should opt for ECA for your highest degree. I applied for my Masters ECA which was accepted as masters. I will be submitting my bachelors and other degrees but won't go and get its ECA. You can send all the previous degrees to the respective ECA body but only the one which you want equivalence for has to be sent directly from your University or HEC.
I went to my registrar office, submitted an application with respective ECA email address and asked them to send them by degree confirming details and thats pretty much about it.
Hope that clears it.

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Dear

Just want to add on behalf of my personal experience and understanding. CIC clearly mentions that you should opt for ECA for your highest degree. I applied for my Masters ECA which was accepted as masters. I will be submitting my bachelors and other degrees but won't go and get its ECA. You can send all the previous degrees to the respective ECA body but only the one which you want equivalence for has to be sent directly from your University or HEC.
I went to my registrar office, submitted an application with respective ECA email address and asked them to send them by degree confirming details and thats pretty much about it.
Hope that clears it.
Its always preferable to get the Bachelors degree assessed as in subcontinent we still have the 2 years Bachelors system unlike the rest of the world. So, to make a just decision one must affix and gets its bachelors and Masters assessed as well.

Lazy

Sep 5, 2017
Good day everyone,

I hope this is the right thread for this post. So I have a quick question relating to work experience letter for the express entry application, well, a couple of questions to be more precise. And before I get into the questions I would like to explain my situation and the confusion I am facing. So, I worked at a company for almost 7 years, from June 2009 to June 2016, and worked in two different department, lets call them Department A and Department B. I also held two different positions/designation during my stay at this company, one as an assistant manager and one as a manager. For the first 15 months I was in Department A as an assistant manager and then moved to Department B again as an an assistant manager and remained at that designation for a little over 4 years. Then I was promoted to the post of manager and after 15 months of serving as a manager in Department B I left the company in June of 2016.

Now, I did get an experience letter from my immediate boss in Department B but the letter doesn't give any details of my job description in Department A (the first 15 months of my work experience) because he was not my supervisor in Department A and cannot realistically give details of my job description or the work I did there. Moreover, getting experience letter from Department A is not a possibility. The other thing is that I got the letter 3 months before I left the job so it doesn't cover the last 3 months' period of my work experience as well. Keeping in view the aforementioned scenario, I have the following questions; the answers of which I need to figure out:

Q1) Should I mention work experience on my application as the entire 7 years or should I just subtract the duration not covered in the letter? or just go with the time-period I served under my supervisor in Department B which happens to be more than 5 years but less than 6 years? I should also mention here that while filling-in the application, in the work experience section, I see the options of 4-5 years of experience and 6+ years of experience but no option for 5-6 years of experience so which option to choose then?

Q2) Should I mention my work experience as one entry since my entire work experience is in one company or should I break it down into 3 separate entries depending on the designations and departments while filling-in the online application?

Q3) I should mention it here that I can only arrange one letter so in case I go for three separate entries will the same letter suffice for all of them?

Q4) Is it okay if my ex-supervisor in Department B mentions that I worked in Department A for this much period and in such and such capacity without delving into specific details, will it suffice? or should I just remove the mention of that period from my application altogether?

Q5) Should I ask my ex-supervisor in Department B to rewrite me the letter now so that the last 3 months are also covered in the letter which were left out when I initially got the letter 3 months prior to leaving the company?

I know this is a lengthy read but I feel like I needed to write all this in order to make sense of what I wanted to ask. I would highly appreciate if anyone who has been in the same boat could help me out or if there is any expert on this subject who would like to chip in with their opinion/expertise. Thanks

Best,
Lazy

Last edited:

s.tamoor

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017/03/20
Nomination.....
ITA- 2017/08/02
AOR Received.
2017/03/21
IELTS Request
L-8, R-9, W-7.5, S-7
Med's Done....
2017/01/19
Hello Everyone,

Anyone sitting for IELTS test on the 14th of Oct can contact me for for valuable advice.

Contact No. 0333-4203133

My Score- L-8, R-9, S-7, W-7.5

Regards

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Any one from pak leaving for toronto in coming days from lahore?

I intend to travel soon. Please update or pm

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
Hello, I have one query about work experience proof. I have done work in 7-11 as a supervisor for one month from dec2013- jan 2014. I have experience letter signed by manager and t4 for 2014 but not 2013. I am also including notice of assessment for both years. Are these documents enough for proof? Please help. Thank you.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hello, I posted this question yesterday on another thread, but didn't get any response so trying again here today:

When I turned 18 (October 2004) I was living in Canada on study permit.. I came back to Pakistan in May 2005 for 4 months vacation and then returned to Canada again for 3 months before moving back to Pakistan permanently in December 2005.

Now, I understand RCMP from Canada is not required unless cic asks for it so I'm not getting one upfront... about PCC from Pakistan, should it cover period from 18th birthday (Oct 2004 to date) or skip out period i was in canada? I don't want to mention from October and risk them assuming im misrepresenting myself... :/ I'm also afraid if I don't cover from 18th birthday they might refuse application...

anyone?

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Hello, I posted this question yesterday on another thread, but didn't get any response so trying again here today:

When I turned 18 (October 2004) I was living in Canada on study permit.. I came back to Pakistan in May 2005 for 4 months vacation and then returned to Canada again for 3 months before moving back to Pakistan permanently in December 2005.

Now, I understand RCMP from Canada is not required unless cic asks for it so I'm not getting one upfront... about PCC from Pakistan, should it cover period from 18th birthday (Oct 2004 to date) or skip out period i was in canada? I don't want to mention from October and risk them assuming im misrepresenting myself... :/ I'm also afraid if I don't cover from 18th birthday they might refuse application...

anyone?
Yes PCC from pak will cover you from birth to date.. it mentioned in duration section

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
HI

I am in a bit of dilema here too,I am claiming an experience that is 7 years old,as it was my first job,I did not know about Pay slips,Tax returns etc,further my employer has no record of payments(as its been a while) and my bank account is closed (was abroad for 6 years),so no bank statement,but i had one mini statement in my email so based on that we concluded my salary was xxxxxx in that particular month.My salary was below tax slab so no returns were filed (I came to know now).On my Updated experience letter its only stated that last salary drawn was xxxxx.I am in dire need of suggestion.should i decline invitation?

The thing is letter of reference, if you can get a properly drafter reference letter on company letterhead signed by ur immediate supervisor with all details required by cic, then i don't think cic requires you to prove your salary ... I am also claiming points for old experience (2010-2014) .. I did manage to get reference letter in cic format ..so if you have letter go ahead.. if you don't then i guess some senior here can better guide you..

Reactions: cancancan

alisani

Nov 14, 2016
well i have registered on WES ...i have got them envelops sealed in ...from IBCC and from HEC, and now il send them. is it ok....

cancancan

Jun 25, 2017
Okay, thanks Aali :)
Hi

Your IELTS Results are impressive,I just had a question,when you applied for a remarking,how long did they took ?,and did they returned the remarking fee?,I did the same for writing,but unfortunately they just increased it by .5.Many people say AEO is way lenient in marking then British council,but then again there is no AEO in London.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hi

Your IELTS Results are impressive,I just had a question,when you applied for a remarking,how long did they took ?,and did they returned the remarking fee?,I did the same for writing,but unfortunately they just increased it by .5.Many people say AEO is way lenient in marking then British council,but then again there is no AEO in London.
Thank you. I got my remark result in a week. My brother got his in 2 weeks. The fee was returned after deduction of tax (PKR 2000) _ blood suckers :p.
My brother's friend appeared from BC, while my brother appeared through AEO.. and his friend scored an 8 in writing and 6.5 in speaking, while my brother got 6.5 in writing and 7.5 in speaking... I wouldn't say they are lenient at all.. but both are notorious for 6.5 band in either writing or speaking..

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Anyone traveling to canada from lahore airport? Please pm me.

I got COPR. Intend to travel next month.
Letd connect and discuss our plans to start a new journey. Will wait for any comments.