Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rbatool said:
Hello dears,

I am also from Pakistan and I live in the UAE.

I just recently applied for express entry program and my score is 406 in the pool. Now can you please tell me what are the chances?

I am thinking to improve my score, i have an IELTS score of 8.0, i can try to improve that. I am on 122 for language proficiency for now. What are the max points if I manage to get an IELTS score of 9.0?

Secondly I am thinking to do WES for my husband. How much max points can it bring?

Thanks for your help.
For the spouse it is 50 points in total, with some allocated to language (i believe 10) and remaining 40 are for education and work experience. You should be able to look that up easily.

Language score doesn't impact your score in its own category. It also improves your score in adaptability. I have seen people with scores in 420-30 jumping to 470-80 with a single point increase in their language tests. So that is definitely worth improving.

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
Get the WES done, if your husband is the principal applicant, he would NEED it, so its better to get it done.
IELTS score is converted into CLB, a CLB score of 9 give your 135 in language proficiency.

Try to get the highest you can, in IELTS.
Your husband should also take IELTS, that would also be helpful.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
drasadqamar said:
How to get LMIA job offer?? please somebody explain this. What is the procedure. I have applied in Healthcare Manger category.
My friend is in Canada and he owns company of ultrasound/x-ray clinics and training center. Please guide me
LMIA is primarily for specialized skill for which employer tried and couldn't find existing Canadians and then they found a person with this profile and tried hiring him/her.

Employer has to make a case, prove all of above i.e. that they tried hiring / advertised / interviewed etc.

Then they have to submit the foreigner's profile which at the very least should seem to have those skills that were missing.

Then employer gets an LMIA and provide it to then applicant who would apply for work in home country.

At that point the employee's skills / experience / education in that area are thoroughly evaluated by CIC. They would also evaluate if the applicant is likely to overstay illegally in Canada.

In the past people have been able to game the system - going to a friend/relative's company through this method. But that was several years ago and is extremely hard if not impossible.

Also please note that he needs to offer you the same wage that is at least the same or above the median wage for that profession in that province. This would also be part of LMIA requirements. Also his company needs to have been in operation for some time (at least a year), should have some decent revenue and must have hired / have current work force of Canadians by a certain number.

You should really consider LMIA if you are actually an exception and make a profile like i mentioned above.

If you still wish to try, ask your friend.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Hi,

I am working on my e-APR and just reached the document checklist point.

I am asked to provide an Offer of Employment as a required document. The work experience I used for CRS scoring in EE wasn't based on LMIA, I started as a part time employee (for the offer of employment for that position) and later my status was changed to full time, internally (no offer letter was issued for the change in job role)

What do you suggest I provide here?

Thank you, awaiting your responses.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
salkhan said:
Hi,

I am working on my e-APR and just reached the document checklist point.

I am asked to provide an Offer of Employment as a required document. The work experience I used for CRS scoring in EE wasn't based on LMIA, I started as a part time employee (for the offer of employment for that position) and later my status was changed to full time, internally (no offer letter was issued for the change in job role)

What do you suggest I provide here?

Thank you, awaiting your responses.
You shouldn't see this if you answered the subsequent questions correctly. My memory is a bit hazy, but it asks you do you have a validated job offer from Canada - where validated means one with LMIA (or may be it first asks if you have a job offer, then asks if you have LMIA for this).

Either way both should lead to 'not generating an entry for offer of employment'. Please make sure you filled it right.

The generated checklist is an automated process based upon answers provided so i really doubt it would behave uniquely for some one.

ufarooqi1981

Aug 3, 2016
Hi Guys, my wife has a masters degree from Quebec and bachelors from outside Canada, for the document submission after ITA do we have to get her Bachelors degree assessed as well i.e ECA or is her canadian masters degree enough, while we also submit the bachelors degree as it is in the ITA?

I am concerned about two points here one is the point calculation which i think should not be effected but the second is "skill tansferability" where they say about two or more post secondary qualifications!! does this mean all post secondary have to have ECA or only the highest one needs to be ECA and if the highest is canadian then none of them need ECA?

Thanks

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
fkl said:
You shouldn't see this if you answered the subsequent questions correctly. My memory is a bit hazy, but it asks you do you have a validated job offer from Canada - where validated means one with LMIA (or may be it first asks if you have a job offer, then asks if you have LMIA for this).

Either way both should lead to 'not generating an entry for offer of employment'. Please make sure you filled it right.

The generated checklist is an automated process based upon answers provided so i really doubt it would behave uniquely for some one.
Hi yes,

That is correct, I did answer "yes" to the question... Does XYZ has a job offer? in the Intended employment sub-section in the work history section of the e-APR. I also answered "yes" to this question in my express entry profile.

I picked "yes" since I did have a job offer on which I am working on, but no LMIA was issued for the position as I had my PGWP.

Do you suggest I changed my answer to "No" ?

Thank you,

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
salkhan said:
Hi yes,

That is correct, I did answer "yes" to the question... Does XYZ has a job offer? in the Intended employment sub-section in the work history section of the e-APR. I also answered "yes" to this question in my express entry profile.

I picked "yes" since I did have a job offer on which I am working on, but no LMIA was issued for the position as I had my PGWP.

Do you suggest I changed my answer to "No" ?

Thank you,
As far as i remember the question should be "Does he have a valid/validated job offer or if that's not the case, it should have a subsequent question asking specifically for LMIA".

If that is not the case, it is a bit tricky and i am not sure why. But yes then it should be safe to say No.

Your current job offer is not new. You are already working there and you would provide that any in your current on going job experience - correct?

Current job should still be present on your profile as a work experience.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
fkl said:
As far as i remember the question should be "Does he have a valid/validated job offer or if that's not the case, it should have a subsequent question asking specifically for LMIA".

If that is not the case, it is a bit tricky and i am not sure why. But yes then it should be safe to say No.

Your current job offer is not new. You are already working there and you would provide that any in your current on going job experience - correct?

Yes that was the question, you are correct.

Well, the current job I am working on was offered to me on a part time basis when I was still working on my thesis and on a study permit. When I later finished school and got post-grad work permit, the company changed my employment status internally (a renewed offer letter wasn't given to me, I just have an email from my boss requesting change in status to an HR personnel and then a system generated email confirming the change).

The offer of employment that was asked from me, specifically said that it needed to be full time.

Anyways, I changed my answer to "NO" and it does not ask me to provide the offer of employment now.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
fkl said:

You're saying that the offer of employment this section requires is for any offer that was issued against a LMIA ?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
salkhan said:
You're saying that the offer of employment this section requires is for any offer that was issued against a LMIA ?
Yes, but i believe it explicitly says that in the question.

Just ensure that your current job details are there some where in the application and you are good with saying NO as you mentioned above.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
fkl said:
Yes, but i believe it explicitly says that in the question.

Just ensure that your current job details are there some where in the application and you are good with saying NO as you mentioned above.
No it does not say it explicitly, however it does ask you if a positive LMIA was issued for this job which I said No too.

I was under the impression that you have to pick Yes in the original question if you are working.

ufarooqi1981

Aug 3, 2016
ufarooqi1981 said:
Hi Guys, my wife has a masters degree from Quebec and bachelors from outside Canada, for the document submission after ITA do we have to get her Bachelors degree assessed as well i.e ECA or is her canadian masters degree enough, while we also submit the bachelors degree as it is in the ITA?

I am concerned about two points here one is the point calculation which i think should not be effected but the second is "skill tansferability" where they say about two or more post secondary qualifications!! does this mean all post secondary have to have ECA or only the highest one needs to be ECA and if the highest is canadian then none of them need ECA?

Thanks
any feedback on this please?

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
Guys please guide me: if you have lived in more than 1 city of Pakistan for more than 6 months, do you need a PCC from each city? Anyone here who got only 1 PCC from a Pakistani city despite living in several cities of Pakistan and still got Canadian PR after that?

My consultant is asking me to get PCC from both Karachi and Lahore because I have lived in these 2 cities for a long time. My NIC has Karachi address. What to do?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
DamhaSirah said:
Guys please guide me: if you have lived in more than 1 city of Pakistan for more than 6 months, do you need a PCC from each city? Anyone here who got only 1 PCC from a Pakistani city despite living in several cities of Pakistan and still got Canadian PR after that?

My consultant is asking me to get PCC from both Karachi and Lahore because I have lived in these 2 cities for a long time. My NIC has Karachi address. What to do?
Yes you better do that. The reason is unique to Pakistani PCCs. It is not a CIC requirement. The problem is that each PC states "Person X has lived at this address since Y and there is nothing legal against him".

Although many people do it for their PRs and have gotten through i.e. they might have lived several places (cities as well as different addresses in cities) with in Pakistan and still submit one single PC at their family / permanent address for the entire period. But then they also match this in their address history. I have done the same as well as most others i know.

You might search a few older posts on the subject / ones i posted and could see details.

But let me warn you. Some people make this mistake, they put address history like this "lived at A from B to C ... then lived at D from E to F".... but the PCC states one address for the entire period since the age of 18. Some say they still got through with this, while others have received refusals for their PRs doing so.