Sep 15, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
My Background check has been in progress since September 23. I know there is one applicant here who has been waiting for several months with background check in progress. I am trying to figure out what is a reasonable expectation to have in terms of time it will take to get PPR. Any ideas?

coder101

Sep 15, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Anyone else here with application at the "Background Check in Progress" stage?

Ahmed8600

Aug 23, 2016
Hi, just wanted to ask that can i get Police certificate issued from Lahore by issuing Authorization Letter in name of my brother/relative? Even though i am in Canada.....Don't wanna go through Embassy since it may take many months.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Dear Fellows,

I have already got attested my original degrees from HEC in year 2012.

Now, for WES ECA, I need to get Sealed Envelope from HEC containing attested photocopies. But, recently I noticed the conflict of my Deceased Father's LASTNAME, details as under:

- On my CNIC+NICOP+Passport+Father's CNIC+his Death Certificate, Father's name = MUHAMMAD IKRAM
- On my educational diplomas and transcripts (from Matric onward Masters), Father's name = IKRAM HUSSAIN

I applied for HEC Attestation through Leopard Courier Service (LCS) as my documents were present in Pakistan and my relative submitted application to LCS, but LCS returned me back the documents with objection that they will not forward my application to HEC due to father's name conflicting with my CNIC and diplomas (though I personally visited ISB before to get attested my originals).

My question:

- Would HEC create any issue to provide me attested photocopies in sealed envelope for WES ECA, If I personally visit HEC Islamabad? As I am in Italy now, I would need to come to Pakistan to visit HEC myself, I hope if I physically appear they will do it like they did before while attestation of originals.

Kindly provide me your valuable insights, or somebody experienced such situation, please assist me.

Thanks and Good luck to all.

Amir_Ali

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Asia
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
Doc's Request.
NA
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
for sure
LANDED..........
sooonnnnnnnnnnn
it will take time

Amir_Ali

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Asia
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
Doc's Request.
NA
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
for sure
LANDED..........
sooonnnnnnnnnnn
coder101 said:
My Background check has been in progress since September 23. I know there is one applicant here who has been waiting for several months with background check in progress. I am trying to figure out what is a reasonable expectation to have in terms of time it will take to get PPR. Any ideas?
background check take time depending on how safe country people coming from......

Amir_Ali

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Asia
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
Doc's Request.
NA
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
for sure
LANDED..........
sooonnnnnnnnnnn
Ahmed8600 said:
Hi, just wanted to ask that can i get Police certificate issued from Lahore by issuing Authorization Letter in name of my brother/relative? Even though i am in Canada.....Don't wanna go through Embassy since it may take many months.

simply no

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Ahmed8600 said:
Amir_Ali said:
simply no
That's incorrect information.

While any thing can happen in Pakistan (especially when you put in some money - assuming you have a genuine case), different cities have had various policies regarding police certificates.

Several people have done this on and off. The most recent info was earlier this year that i know of from Lahore.

But bottom line is that they might issue a PC based upon docs provided (nothing in the name of brother).

It would simply have a stamp saying "issued in the absence of applicant based upon the documents provided", which is perfectly fine.

Please note, i have had such a PC although that was issued some years ago.

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
jojee2k6 said:
Dear Fellows,

I have already got attested my original degrees from HEC in year 2012.

Now, for WES ECA, I need to get Sealed Envelope from HEC containing attested photocopies. But, recently I noticed the conflict of my Deceased Father's LASTNAME, details as under:

- On my CNIC+NICOP+Passport+Father's CNIC+his Death Certificate, Father's name = MUHAMMAD IKRAM
- On my educational diplomas and transcripts (from Matric onward Masters), Father's name = IKRAM HUSSAIN

I applied for HEC Attestation through Leopard Courier Service (LCS) as my documents were present in Pakistan and my relative submitted application to LCS, but LCS returned me back the documents with objection that they will not forward my application to HEC due to father's name conflicting with my CNIC and diplomas (though I personally visited ISB before to get attested my originals).

My question:

- Would HEC create any issue to provide me attested photocopies in sealed envelope for WES ECA, If I personally visit HEC Islamabad? As I am in Italy now, I would need to come to Pakistan to visit HEC myself, I hope if I physically appear they will do it like they did before while attestation of originals.

Kindly provide me your valuable insights, or somebody experienced such situation, please assist me.

Thanks and Good luck to all.
If your originals are attested, and now you need photocopies attested and sealed in an envelope for WES; just send everything original alongwith photocopies of what you need attestted. Fill up the form, submit documents, and they should NOT create any problem in attesting photocopies, because originals are already attested.

Hope this helps.

pointers

Oct 24, 2016
Hi members

I need ECA. Please note that my university is not registered in WES and for fastest evaluation which organization should I used. I heard that IQAS is doing evaluation is 10 working days. Any1 here did evaluation thru IQAS? Please advise.

Regards

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amir_Ali said:
simply no
Ahmed8600 said:
That is not right. If you have not experienced this then do not discourage.

I got my wife and mine PCC from Lahore. My wife's brother and my brother were there to apply on our behalf. CNIC with foreign address, Passport with Valid visa, and little bit tarla with the people there will do the job !!.. First hand experience.. Good luck..

pointers

Oct 24, 2016
Awaiting reply from seniors

Hi

I am from Pakistan and need ECA. Please note that -- MY UNIVERSITY IS NOT REGISTERED IN WAS-- and for fastest evaluation which organization should I used. I heard that IQAS is doing evaluation is 10 working days. Please advise.

Regards

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hi all,

I have recently been issued ITA for PR. I am encountering a problem relating to my father's name discrepancy in different documents.
Firstly, there is a mismatch in spelling of my father's name mentioned in my passport (VIJEY KUMAR) and educational records (VIJAY KUMAR).

Second problem is that my father has recently added surname to his first name in all of his documents e.g. NIC and Passport. His new Full name has become VIJAY KUMAR DAS. This newly added surname is not there in any of my documents i.e. passport and educational record.

Father's Name in My Passport: VIJEY KUMAR
Father's Name in all Educational record: VIJAY KUMAR
New FullName of father: VIJAY KUMAR DAS

Kindly Advise as how to should I go about resolving this issue. I cannot change my educational records as it would not be possible easily in Pakistan. Even I cant change the passport since my IELTS results are tagged to this.

I need to prepare Police Clearance Certificate. I can get his new full name on this newly prepared document and explain this name discrepancy stating all three names are of the same person in statement of explanation and attach "same name affidavit".

Would that be sufficient or should I try something else? Would request seniors to please help as I do not want to lose the PR chance because of this issue.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shah1989 said:
Hi all,

I have recently been issued ITA for PR. I am encountering a problem relating to my father's name discrepancy in different documents.
Firstly, there is a mismatch in spelling of my father's name mentioned in my passport (VIJEY KUMAR) and educational records (VIJAY KUMAR).

Second problem is that my father has recently added surname to his first name in all of his documents e.g. NIC and Passport. His new Full name has become VIJAY KUMAR DAS. This newly added surname is not there in any of my documents i.e. passport and educational record.

Father's Name in My Passport: VIJEY KUMAR
Father's Name in all Educational record: VIJAY KUMAR
New FullName of father: VIJAY KUMAR DAS

Kindly Advise as how to should I go about resolving this issue. I cannot change my educational records as it would not be possible easily in Pakistan. Even I cant change the passport since my IELTS results are tagged to this.

I need to prepare Police Clearance Certificate. I can get his new full name on this newly prepared document and explain this name discrepancy stating all three names are of the same person in statement of explanation and attach "same name affidavit".

Would that be sufficient or should I try something else? Would request seniors to please help as I do not want to lose the PR chance because of this issue.
This is the kind of thing cover letters are for.

Explain the scenario there. Every form that you will with names, it asks "do you / this person has any other names". List both names there.

Attach an affidavit (stamped and signed by notary), the wording is standard for name change. Notary would know.

It is from your father (signed by him too) saying, "my name is this and due to this i have changed it to that. I certify that both A and B names are in fact the same person that is myself".

Attach proof of his name change (at least one legal document with older name and now newer name) and you should be fine.

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Thanks Fkl for your reply.

Will provide all the documents you mentioned. Just little more help regarding the form part.

In the online family section form, where it requires the father's name I cannot find the field of "Other name". I am writing all version of the names in the given one field using hyphen as a separator (e.g. Kumar - Kumar Das) because the form says First name(s) and Last name(s).

I hope I am putting it correctly. Please correct me if I am making a mistake.