+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants for Express Entry, Let's Network Here

Aug 23, 2017
NOC Code......
Hiii,
I wanted to know i am extremely confused because my job job experience was on a small retail pharmacy and my owner used to pay me in cash and at that time i had no plan of applying for Canadian immigration so i did not asked him for any pay slips because i did not needed them at that time.
this was about 2 years back in 2015.
its a common practice in my country to be paid by cash even at higher levels. its not considered awkward or strange here.
now what am i supposed to do to solve this??
although i have my job offer letter and experience letter stating my salary amount n mode of receiving it and all other details.
will this be sufficient??
please do reply me n help me out friends.

Reactions: ihsamkhan

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
Hiii,
I wanted to know i am extremely confused because my job job experience was on a small retail pharmacy and my owner used to pay me in cash and at that time i had no plan of applying for Canadian immigration so i did not asked him for any pay slips because i did not needed them at that time.
this was about 2 years back in 2015.
its a common practice in my country to be paid by cash even at higher levels. its not considered awkward or strange here.
now what am i supposed to do to solve this??
although i have my job offer letter and experience letter stating my salary amount n mode of receiving it and all other details.
will this be sufficient??
please do reply me n help me out friends.
This is a unique case as you do not have a real proof of paid salary. However I would suggest to get salary slips and other evidences as much as possible from the employer. However keep it til an explanation is requested by CIC.

What's the business type of the pharmacy you worked with. A Company or sole properitership. Please also check the experience requirements in CIC website so make sure your ex employer meets those requirements

Aug 23, 2017
NOC Code......
This is a unique case as you do not have a real proof of paid salary. However I would suggest to get salary slips and other evidences as much as possible from the employer. However keep it til an explanation is requested by CIC.

What's the business type of the pharmacy you worked with. A Company or sole properitership. Please also check the experience requirements in CIC website so make sure your ex employer meets those requirements
its a common practice here specially in my field to receive pay in cash
but i have requested my employer to make a salary certificate for me stating my salary and mode of receiving
my salary amount and mode was also mentioned in my offer letter
actually the pharmacy is not a company branch but its a sole proprietorship. but now i think it would be difficult and a bit strange to obtain pay slips as its been 2 years i have left that job, how can my employer provide me with the pay slips for 2 years back date.
i checked the requirements and there is no issue regarding that.
please answer

Abid EA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
05-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-10-2017
Passport Req..
30-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2017
its a common practice here specially in my field to receive pay in cash
but i have requested my employer to make a salary certificate for me stating my salary and mode of receiving
my salary amount and mode was also mentioned in my offer letter
actually the pharmacy is not a company branch but its a sole proprietorship. but now i think it would be difficult and a bit strange to obtain pay slips as its been 2 years i have left that job, how can my employer provide me with the pay slips for 2 years back date.
i checked the requirements and there is no issue regarding that.
please answer
There is no requirement for payslips, you only need reference letter. But IRCC may ask for additional proof regarding your employment which includes payslips, that is why most people include payslips without waiting for IRCC to request for them. But if you get a salary certificate from your employer, then there is nothing to worry about. Just make sure that your reference letter is upto the IRCC standards, and includes bulk of the JDs mentioned in your NOC.

Good luck.

tango16

Jul 1, 2016
I agree with what @saleem11 said.

My PCC states, he has / had been living / lived on this address from _____ to _____.
If you are unsure, you can share the text on the PCC with us and we can probably give you a better idea.
Also almost every PCC I have seen from Pakistan has the above text. So if yours if different it might raise concerns for VO ('might', just my opinion, not necessarily correct one)

Thanks yes mine has the same text as above.

However, they have mentioned the year I turned 18 so it says from this year to date. Instead of specifically mentioning the date and the month. If the year is mentioned, it should be understood as beginning of the year right? Any one else experienced this ?

Aug 23, 2017
NOC Code......
There is no requirement for payslips, you only need reference letter. But IRCC may ask for additional proof regarding your employment which includes payslips, that is why most people include payslips without waiting for IRCC to request for them. But if you get a salary certificate from your employer, then there is nothing to worry about. Just make sure that your reference letter is upto the IRCC standards, and includes bulk of the JDs mentioned in your NOC.

Good luck.
yeah every other thing is fine besides pay slip
i requested my employer to provide me with certificate
thank you soo much for replying n helping me out :)

drshohrat

Aug 26, 2017
guys i have a rather peculiar problem............I have all the evidences of my employment with me, i.e , appointment letter.........complete salary history from the organization.....appraisal letters of 2 years.........but the problem is that the employer's policy doesnot allow experience/reference letters to pronounce the job duties so the reference letter has all the required information except the job duties...........and my appointment letter too doesnot state my job duties. although my appraisal letter has my new year targets which are suggestive of my job duties
the job duties are mentioned on the employee management system that is on the internet.
Can someone tell me what to do now? or any suggestions? I am thinking of getting an additional reference letter from my colleague........ what are the requirements for such a letter? should it be on a stamped paper? and what should be mentioned in the letter?

thank you

Aug 23, 2017
NOC Code......
p

Good luck.
please answer one more question that i recently asked my employer to revise my experience letter and include all the details like job title, working hours, dates, salary amount, duties, employer details
so i think i do not need a reference letter
or is a reference letter mandatory?

tango16

Jul 1, 2016

However, they have mentioned the year I turned 18 so it says from this year to date. Instead of specifically mentioning the date and the month. If the year is mentioned, it should be understood as beginning of the year right? Any one else experienced this ?

Anyone with any idea ?

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
guys i have a rather peculiar problem............I have all the evidences of my employment with me, i.e , appointment letter.........complete salary history from the organization.....appraisal letters of 2 years.........but the problem is that the employer's policy doesnot allow experience/reference letters to pronounce the job duties so the reference letter has all the required information except the job duties...........and my appointment letter too doesnot state my job duties. although my appraisal letter has my new year targets which are suggestive of my job duties
the job duties are mentioned on the employee management system that is on the internet.
Can someone tell me what to do now? or any suggestions? I am thinking of getting an additional reference letter from my colleague........ what are the requirements for such a letter? should it be on a stamped paper? and what should be mentioned in the letter?

thank you
This is a very common issue. If you search on the forum you will find many people who have faced this problem. And several opinions.

1. try to get it in writing from HR / Company that they have an official policy of not issuing letters with job duties.
2. get a senior / your line manager to write a letter detailing your job duties. (as far as I know, there is no need to notarize but it could be good to have). Make sure he puts his contact details and position on the letter.
3. attach your colleague's name card for more credibility.
4. you can attach print outs of the job duties mentioned on the ERP system. Did you say internet or intranet? because if its available online for everyone to see, you might as well attach the link to that in your LOE.
5. explain in the LOE that your company wouldn't issue you a reference letter with job duties.

Quite a few people have submitted application in the above way successfully.

good luck.

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
p

please answer one more question that i recently asked my employer to revise my experience letter and include all the details like job title, working hours, dates, salary amount, duties, employer details
so i think i do not need a reference letter
or is a reference letter mandatory?
Reference letter is just a name. If your experience letter full fills all the criteria required by CIC then that would suffice.
However its good to attach additional documents such as payslips, appointment letters etc to support the application.

Please make sure your experience letter has all of the following:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

Reactions: sanakhalid1234

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......

I meant mine states date in format dd-mm-yyyy.
Is it too difficult for you to get it revised? If I were you, I wouldn't take the risk. It might get accepted, or it might get rejected. They might ask you to resubmit or they might just reject the application. Why take the chance if its avoidable?

At the very least try to get the dates in month - year format.

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
Hello guys,

I need help. I had a score of 478 when I got my ITA two weeks ago. But some of my work experience was unpaid so my points changed and then I declined the invitation. Now my score is 453 but when I went to make the changes, it stated that my profile is ineligible and it won't let me change my information because it's locked and reads transmitted. Did anyone else face this issue? or is this a technical problem?

Please let me know!
I also declined an ITA for different reasons but I never faced any problems with changing my profile.
It sounds like a technical problem. Why don't you give it a couple of days and if it still doesn't allow you to change, you can simply delete it and make a new profile (not account, profile only).
Also are you sure you have successfully declined the ITA?

saleem11

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Guys I need a suggestion.....I bet many of u have had this done so asking......... I need to prove my relation with my mamun........so far I was thinking of getting my Mom's FRC made from NADRA.........but its getting all lengthy as the NADRA people say that they will issue me 2 documents.....one show me as mom's son.......and the other showing Mamun as mom's brother........... is there any other way of proving the relation? as i will have to write a long letter of explanation to make sense of the two documents...........more over , my mamun says that he had provided my mom's name as his sister in the CIC records when he applied for canadian PR (10-15 years ago).........how can that help me? like just providing my uncle's canadian passport.......and my documentation stating mom as my mother.......would it suffice?
New
I think that is sufficient, on top of that add one copy of your uncle recent electricity bill/driving license/something like this (Just to show your uncle Canadian address). It will strengthen your case (as per my suggestion).

Reactions: drshohrat