+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

ELIF#1

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Why many applicants think there are greater chances for visa approval if you have upfront medicals. VO dont care about your medicals and paying upfront tuition fees . Please dont do that.
whats ur situation? have u received ur medical request and biometric validity letter?

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Why many applicants think there are greater chances for visa approval if you have upfront medicals. VO dont care about your medicals and paying upfront tuition fees . Please dont do that.

What am saying is that . It will be open to you to know before they demand for your medical that means they have go through your documents and you meet the requirement definitely they approve your application and needed your medical to complete the process ..

But if it's upfront and you got update medical passed . You won't be assure of visa approve because its only know to the vo and it's when they are done with your process and send you passport request then it will now be open to you that you have been approve and why they demand for your passport for stamp.

Reactions: hussainkestrel

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Up front medical or no upfront . There chance is the same. Your documents determine your approval.

But upfront is more faster because the time they will use to send you medical request and you book appoint it will still take 3 to 5days before you will have your medical done and send back to the cic and it will still take some days for process before the medical will be updated pass. During those period Up front as alread gotten is medical pass and approve or less if the vo delay the process.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Up front medical or no upfront . There chance is the same. Your documents determine your approval.

But upfront is more faster because the time they will use to send you medical request and you book appoint it will still take 3 to 5days before you will have your medical done and send back to the cic and it will still take some days for process before the medical will be updated pass. During those period Up front as alread gotten is medical pass and approve or less if the vo delay the process.
Tbh that is not always the case. Upfront should be faster but the Abu Dhabi embassy doesn't work that way because the background checks take a lot of time so upfront medical or not, until or unless you clear the background check which can take between 2 months to 3 months (if they decide to do a rigorous check), they wont approve you even if you have already passed the medical.

Reactions: ELIF#1 and Evankc

Kad786

May 18, 2019
whats ur situation? have u received ur medical request and biometric validity letter?
whats ur situation? have u received ur medical request and biometric validity letter?[/QUOTE
What am saying is that . It will be open to you to know before they demand for your medical that means they have go through your documents and you meet the requirement definitely they approve your application and needed your medical to complete the process ..

But if it's upfront and you got update medical passed . You won't be assure of visa approve because its only know to the vo and it's when they are done with your process and send you passport request then it will now be open to you that you have been approve and why they demand for your passport for stamp.
thats true

Engnr

May 29, 2019
I am a transfer student from Giki to Dalhousie University Canada. I recently recieved a conditional acceptance. I wanted to inquire about Ielts. I had B grade in English language Olevels. If my University accepts it, do i need to give ielts for the visa procedure? Is there any case here with acceptance of student visa without ielts? i definitely want to give Ielts to make my visa application strong but the thing is only 3 months are left in fall 2019 and i have seen people here who get acceptance after 5-6 months so i want to apply asap.
@hussainkestrel

Kad786

May 18, 2019
I am a transfer student from Giki to Dalhousie University Canada. I recently recieved a conditional acceptance. I wanted to inquire about Ielts. I had B grade in English language Olevels. If my University accepts it, do i need to give ielts for the visa procedure? Is there any case here with acceptance of student visa without ielts? i definitely want to give Ielts to make my visa application strong but the thing is only 3 months are left in fall 2019 and i have seen people here who get acceptance after 5-6 months so i want to apply asap.
@hussainkestrel
Ielts is not requirement of visa but university admission. A good university never give you admission without IELTS unless exempt. So , VO only worried about good university not IELTS

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
@hussainkestrel
Okay so I have been asked this question a lot.

Firstly, it is written no where on the cic page that IELTS is required for the study permit application unlike it is clearly mentioned for the Indians. IELTS is normally required by the University and they can choose to exempt it if you have been studying in an English medium school and have B or higher grade in Olevels. I would agree with @Kad786. A good University will exempt it like since UofT and UWaterloo waives it for the above condition or if you have graduated from a University which is on their list for good language proficiency which is most of the Universities in Pakistan (apart from some really low ranked Universities).

Secondly, Yes many of my friends never appeared for IELTS and their study permit application was approved so yeah it isn't a requirement.

Thirdly, I have seen cases where applications were refused for "not submitting English test results" which is basically IELTS so it is not so black and white.

My opinion: You should appear for IELTS if you think you can get a good score. It isn't that difficult guys. IELTS liz is a website and a youtube channel; take help from there and you wont have a problem. Having 7 or 7+ in IELTS academic will not only avoid the risk of getting refused because of it but it will improve your chances since it is a proof that you will succeed in your academics in Canada. So don't take a chance. Give it because already they give a hard time to Pakistanis so don't give them another reason to do so. If so for some reason you can't give it then like i said, i have seen many people getting approved without it though i would highly recommend it.

Last edited:

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Okay so I have been asked this question a lot.

Firstly, it is written no where on the cic page that IELTS is required for the study permit application unlike it is clearly mentioned for the Indians. IELTS is normally required by the University and they can choose to exempt it if you have been studying in an English medium school and have B or higher grade in Olevels. I would agree with @Kad786. A good University will exempt it like since UofT and UWaterloo waives it for the above condition or if you have graduated from a University which is on their list for good language proficiency which is most of the Universities in Pakistan (apart from some really low ranked Universities).

Secondly, Yes many of my friends never appeared for IELTS and their study permit application was approved so yeah it isn't a requirement.

Thirdly, I have seen cases where applications were refused for "not submitting English test results" which is basically IELTS so it is not so black and white.

My opinion: You should appear for IELTS if you think you can get a good score. It isn't that difficult guys. IELTS liz is a website and a youtube channel; take help from there and you wont have a problem. Having 7 or 7+ in IELTS academic will not only avoid the risk of getting refused because of it but it will improve your chances since it is a proof that you will succeed in your academics in Canada. So don't take a chance. Give it because already they give a hard time to Pakistanis so don't give them another reason to do so. If so for some reason you can't give it then like i said, i have seen many people getting approved without it though i would highly recommend it.
Yea, i applied on feb 4, 2019 and was refused on feb 25. My ielts expired on feb 11 2019 so I had to retake the test to avoid any further risk and improved my score from 7.0 to 7.5. So fingers crossed for my second time !

Zoo1231

Jan 31, 2019
ask the university international services in ur university . usually they have the rcic registered consultants in the universties , they are free for international students .

Moreover , if the transaction make sense , its good to go.
Yup, I got the passport request :) let’s hope for a positive decision InshaAllah

Mehroz 1

Star Member
May 22, 2019
AOA,any one idea about work permit visa successful ratio visa approved . I already applied on 7 of may 2019 and still waiting for my visa stamped inshallah

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
Anyone coming to Nova Scotia upcoming intake or fall intake?