+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

asif aslam

Dec 19, 2016
Hi guys,
I did my graduation in electrical engineering from Uni of South Asia Lahore in 2010 and started my professional career. Did MBA Executive from IBA, PU Lahore in 2014.
I’m in the field for 9 years. Now I want to do MS/MEng.
Need your valued feedback that what’re the chances of getting a visa after this huge gap in studies. My friend live in Ontario and asking to join Uni in Ontario. Kindly suggest good universities in terms of visa chances with economical fee in Ontario. I’m also doing IELTS and my target is Jan 2020 session.
Is GRE required ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Szee

Jun 20, 2019
I got the passport request anyways bro :) let’s hope for a positive decision InshaAllah
Hi I got a refusal letter...did you apply from UAE? would you be able to share your SOP with me if you don't mind? I'm currently in a distressed situation :(

Rick-Sanchez

Dec 26, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
Visa Office......
Online Application at Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2019
Passport Req..
08-07-2019
Visa Approved for Study Permit (Canada).
This was Non-SDS. Online Application from Pakistan.
My Online Application was processed in UAE, Abu Dhabi.
Average Processing week for Pakistani Applicants is 8 weeks.

Applied on: 11 June 2019
Biometric Done on: 17 June 2019.
Medical Request despite upfront done: 25 June 2019
Medical Passed: 4 July 2019.
Correspondence Letter aka Biometric Validity Letter: 8 July 2019
Passport Request: 8 July 2019.
Application processed in about 4 weeks.

CIC sent me the Medical Request Form IMM1017-E despite having Upfront Medical done and having it uploaded when I submitted my application.

I resolved the problem by contacting the Hospital (IOM Karachi) and asked them to check up and see if they submitted my medical records. Within 6 days, my issue was resolved. The hospital forwarded my query to the embassy and later they were contacted by a Canadian Immigration Officer and linked my Medical records to my Visa File.

Before contacting the hospital, I send 2 Case Specific Enquiry to Canada and 2 Case Specific Enquiry to Abu Dhabi and along with each CSE, I attached my passport, Medical Upfront (E-Medical Information Sheet), Medical Request Form IMM1017-E and the Hospital Email Conversation. I believe they weren’t helpful or maybe they were. Not sure.

I wasn’t requested to submit Police Certificate.
Didn’t seek helped from any Consultant or Agent.
My brother and my mother were sponsoring me. (Both of them wrote their own sponsorship letter)

My advice would be to write a strong and good Statement of Purpose.
I applied with Offer of admission. My advice would be to not apply with a conditional letter.
I paid for first semester fees only.
I mentioned on my SOP that I was on the waiting list for accommodation (On campus residence). Hadn't paid or was confirmed residence when I applied.

The process is easy and simple but requires patience. Have Faith.

Good luck. ;)

Reactions: Hassan7601

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi guys,

How long does it usually take to receive the passport submission request once Medical status is changed to passed? (Pakistani applicants)

Reactions: Raheel Mughal

Haider Nisar

Dec 14, 2018
Can any one guide me what to do next, i applied from uk. Whereas i m already genuine international student in uk.

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Coremark1996

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Can any one guide me what to do next, i applied from uk. Whereas i m already genuine international student in uk.

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Apply GCMS notes and then write strong SOP by explaining the exact reasona form GCMS notes

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017

well, your immigration status in UK is temporary and you do not see any possibility of a permanent solution soon. The officer is thinking that you are not coming to Canada for study purpose only. You wont leave at the end of your studies.

dream_Can

Star Member
Oct 5, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent vd docs
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2016
Can any one tell how much study gap is acceptable for stuy permit. Thanks

shery bhatti

Oct 4, 2019
Hello
Im new here from Pakistan, I arrived in Canada on 4 year degree program & have 4 year visa. I am planing to move to 2 years diploma program.
My Questions are
1) Can I change my program if yes then what is the procedure
2) will it reduce my visa tenure ( from 4 years to 2 years)

Thanks everyone

AsifH

Oct 29, 2019
Hi,
I need advise on my case details below. Im an from Pakistan
Object: To improve Education and get an International Degree getting advantage of SDS for Pakistani Applicants
Age: 40yrs Marital sts: Married with 02 kids(under 11yrs)
Last Degree: Bachelors of computer science (completion year: 2003/ 3Years Program)
Total Years of formal Education: 15Yrs
Working experience: 16 years (since 2003)
Sector/ Field: Supplychain (Shipping, Logistics, Transportation)
Current Position: Project Manager
International Certification: IICL-6 (internationally recognized, valid till 2022)

I want to upgrade my education level and go for an international degree in logistics/ Transport Management which i dont have right now.
I've worked hard and saved money which is enough to initially pay my yearly expenses deposit CAD-10k + 1st year fee around 16k.
some saving on top also (Property worth CAD 20K approx). My wife also works full time and can support her and the kids expenses when I wont be around.

Queries:
some one with such a long break in studies is acceptable to continue further under SDS program.
although my last degree (BCS) doesnt support my experience but basis my experience i want to go for a formal degree in Logistics.
I also have an internationally recognized certification and worked in renounced MNCs of the world.

can I apply and what do i need before hands other than IELTS
my financials are acceptable in the current scenario of students visa

Ive tried some local agents but no satisfactory replies received; they are only interested in their registration fees

Obliged,

Oct 9, 2019
Urgent Need Help,
I just got a medical call after a month of application submission (student visa non-sds). After sending my info for a medical appointment (name, passport number, contact number, etc) they notified me that I have provided the wrong passport number (i have given the booklet number instead of passport number). Upon further inspection, I found that I have made the same mistake in the visa application form. What should i do now? Need help!!!

friendlyneighbour

Sep 25, 2019
Urgent Need Help,
I just got a medical call after a month of application submission (student visa non-sds). After sending my info for a medical appointment (name, passport number, contact number, etc) they notified me that I have provided the wrong passport number (i have given the booklet number instead of passport number). Upon further inspection, I found that I have made the same mistake in the visa application form. What should i do now? Need help!!!
Submit a webform to IRCC about your situation and tell them the correct passport number.