+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

zafarest

Aug 9, 2014
Dear Altruists, I was denied visa on only financial grounds for my Masters from McMaster the VO stated in CGMS notes that my funds will be exhausted by the end of my education. Now I am applying again but with Concordia university as McMaster didn't defer my admission, do I need to rewrite entire SOP ? or just need to do slight changes regarding the program. People with reapplication experience please comment @Helican @qasim95 . Thanks

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Dear Altruists, I was denied visa on only financial grounds for my Masters from McMaster the VO stated in CGMS notes that my funds will be exhausted by the end of my education. Now I am applying again but with Concordia university as McMaster didn't defer my admission, do I need to rewrite entire SOP ? or just need to do slight changes regarding the program. People with reapplication experience please comment @Helican @qasim95 . Thanks
You have to make changes in your SOP for the program in concordia university. Also, referring to your GCMS report give explanation for the financial part.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
@zafarest

I am applying for Fall 2019 intake. I have my bank statement which started somewhere in 2009. I wonder if you could please advise about the opening balance and how may it impact my application. I have guaranteed funding for the degrees that I have applied for. I will not need more than $12000 for additional for my expenses towards housing and food etc. Please advise as you have experienced the system.

zafarest

Aug 9, 2014
@zafarest

I am applying for Fall 2019 intake. I have my bank statement which started somewhere in 2009. I wonder if you could please advise about the opening balance and how may it impact my application. I have guaranteed funding for the degrees that I have applied for. I will not need more than $12000 for additional for my expenses towards housing and food etc. Please advise as you have experienced the system.
The Visa officer will look about the authenticity of your bank balance. In my case, I had exactly the same amount for 1-year tuition fee + living cost so he thought that my funds would get finished by the end of my studies. Hence one should show at least 10K+ the cost of living and tuition fee.

zafarest

Aug 9, 2014
You have to make changes in your SOP for the program in concordia university. Also, referring to your GCMS report give an explanation for the financial part.
@Helican thanks for the response. I am just changing the program selection reason part in my SOP. I will be attaching a separate justification letter like the template of CIAPS.CGMS. is it ok ? secondly, the visa fee for 2nd-time application fee will be 150$ or 235$. will they charge biometric fee again and do we need to give biometric again?

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
@zafarest

Thank you so much for your valued advise. I will do as advised. The online application system shows the following documents for me to provide:

1. APPLICATION FORM(S)

Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required)

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

1. Passport (required)

2. Letter of Acceptance (required)

3. Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

4. Digital photo (required)

5. Family Information (IMM5645) (required)

OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS

1. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)

Please advise do I need to provide/arrange any other documents other then what is required from me. There is a lot of confusion pertaining to documents. Thoughts, please.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
@Helican thanks for the response. I am just changing the program selection reason part in my SOP. I will be attaching a separate justification letter like the template of CIAPS.CGMS. is it ok ? secondly, the visa fee for 2nd-time application fee will be 150$ or 235$. will they charge biometric fee again and do we need to give biometric again?
The fees will $150. no need to pay again for biometric as it is valid for couple of years. Yes, use that template and give a strong justification. Just strongly defend against all the refusal reasons.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp

You can get the document checklist and the required forms for your country here^

Requirements of embassy for study permit....
1. Canada application form( 4 forms available on CIC website)
2. Statement of purpose (SOP, write 2-3 pages)
3. Acceptance letter from university
4. Offer letter from university
5. Evidence of fee paid to university
6. IELTS photocopy ( must be notarized from notary public)
7. All educational documents photocopy (attested from hec, ibcc, and notarized from notary public: For Pakistani applicants only )Note: This is for paper based application since they wont return your original certificates, you can upload original certificates if you are applying online.
8. Bank statement( original documents of bank which shows your details of account and it must be six months old account. It can also work with 4 months if you pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year upfront)
9. Source of income( How much do you and/or your sponsor earns; you would have to show payslips and bank statements to show that. You also need to show property of 2-3 crore or above. It would be better to do you)
10. Family registration certificate (FRC from nadra) original
11. Police clearance certificate original
12. Polio certificate original
13. Your NIC and your parents NIC's photocopy and must be notarized
14. Your original passport and all pages of it photocopy

You need to show a minimum of: tuition fee for the first year plus 12000 CAD as proof of funds but the more the better. It would be highly recommended to pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year upfront as it would make your case pretty strong. Make sure the University has a 100% refund policy in case of a refusal.

Make sure to state your purpose and future plans in your SOP like what will you do with your education back here in Pakistan and also makes sure to show ties with your home country (properties, investments, ties with family members etc) that will compel you to leave Canada at the end of your stay. These two are the common reasons of refusal so you have to work on these.

Also check this website:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/international-students.2/

If you have any query, you can ask here as well. This forum helped me a lot when I applied. I hope this information helps you.

Note: Your brother in Canada would make your case weak since you have a reason to stay in Canada after your studies and just like your brother didn't leave, they would assume that you wont either. Make your father your sponsor and you need to explain very convincingly that your case is different from your brother's and you will leave once your studies are completed.
Janab:
I am applying online. I am slightly confused by the fact that I do not see GCKey enlisting many the of documents in my personal checklist. I do not know what better: to provide what's required or how to add additional documents. For example, there is no space to upload any other document but the followings:

1. Application Form(s)

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

1. Passport (required)

OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS
1. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)

Thoughts, please.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Janab:
I am applying online. I am slightly confused by the fact that I do not see GCKey enlisting many the of documents in my personal checklist. I do not know what better: to provide what's required or how to add additional documents. For example, there is no space to upload any other document but the followings:

1. Application Form(s)

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

1. Passport (required)

OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS

Thoughts, please.
Hi. Sorry for the late reply. You can attach all the additional document with the SOP that is in the letter of explanation. Just make all the docs in file pdf file and upload it. Hope that answers the question.

Zoo1231

Jan 31, 2019
Hello, I’m applying for Fall 2019 intake I had a question regarding the bank statements, so in the past 6 months my dads bank balance has fluctuated as it has been around 20-30k CAD and it doesn’t meet the cic requirements but he recently got an amount of 72000 CAD from his own company as he is the owner, I was wondering if we show that along with his property back home which is worth 300,000 CAD will that be sufficient to convince the visa officer? My yearly fees is around 43k with living expenses.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hello, I’m applying for Fall 2019 intake I had a question regarding the bank statements, so in the past 6 months my dads bank balance has fluctuated as it has been around 20-30k CAD and it doesn’t meet the cic requirements but he recently got an amount of 72000 CAD from his own company as he is the owner, I was wondering if we show that along with his property back home which is worth 300,000 CAD will that be sufficient to convince the visa officer? My yearly fees is around 43k with living expenses.
Its always better to let your statement attain the maturity that is: It has to be 4 months old or more even better. So, wait for it to mature then apply. Why you need to take chances while you can wait and go legit. What you have outlined may help but you have to pay attention to specifics required by the CIC.

Zoo1231

Jan 31, 2019
Its always better to let your statement attain the maturity that is: It has to be 4 months old or more even better. So, wait for it to mature then apply. Why you need to take chances while you can wait and go legit. What you have outlined may help but you have to pay attention to specifics required by the CIC.
But the thing is we are short on time, my classes start in September and as per their requirement we need to submit the application at least 3 months prior.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
But the thing is we are short on time, my classes start in September and as per their requirement we need to submit the application at least 3 months prior.
I know that's big trouble. Go for student/education loan as it's accepted by CIC. I am also applying online and it clearly indicates that student loan can be provided as POF.

ELIF#1

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hi
Following is my timeline
applied paper-based application with biometrics on 15th March 2019 to Dhabi VO
received biometric validity letter on 25th April
after that, no correspondence has been done by the VO. can anyone tell me what is next and how long have to wait?