+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

Shaahbaaz

Apr 27, 2018
Hi My profile is
10th 78%
Intermediate 64%
But I've got good marks in English and Biology Individually
IELTS Overall 7 Bands ( Speaking 7.5 , Listening 7.5 ,Reading 7, Writing 6)
Bank Statement 30lacs Pkr (33216 CAD)
Money in my own account and statement is almost 2 months old...
My visa Chances ?
Interested in Brandon University Which is Manitoba Province of Canada...Program related to Biology or Nursing or Kinesiology will be fine ...
My father is farmer and he sold some agriculture land to finance my studies..How to get the evidence showing the price at which the property was sold and how much was sold to as a evidence of source of funding ?
I am the Only Son is it enough to show the Visa officer that I'll come back after completing my Education
Is my Bank statement Enough ??
You guyz know any good Consultants?? Or should I apply on my own ?
I don't know what documents Should I submit to the University to secure admission, Please tell me about it
Moreover I have no idea Where to get my documents attested ??
Process to get sealed transcripts ???
Documents required to submit to embassy for Visa and attestation of those documents...
Who can attest the Net Worth of the property on father's name ?
Thanks in advance ...and Sorry I asked too many Questions ...I'm just a boy from Village who knows nothing bout these things

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Hi My profile is
10th 78%
Intermediate 64%
But I've got good marks in English and Biology Individually
IELTS Overall 7 Bands ( Speaking 7.5 , Listening 7.5 ,Reading 7, Writing 6)
Bank Statement 30lacs Pkr (33216 CAD)
Money in my own account and statement is almost 2 months old...
My visa Chances ?
Interested in Brandon University Which is Manitoba Province of Canada...Program related to Biology or Nursing or Kinesiology will be fine ...
My father is farmer and he sold some agriculture land to finance my studies..How to get the evidence showing the price at which the property was sold and how much was sold to as a evidence of source of funding ?
I am the Only Son is it enough to show the Visa officer that I'll come back after completing my Education
Is my Bank statement Enough ??
You guyz know any good Consultants?? Or should I apply on my own ?
I don't know what documents Should I submit to the University to secure admission, Please tell me about it
Moreover I have no idea Where to get my documents attested ??
Process to get sealed transcripts ???
Documents required to submit to embassy for Visa and attestation of those documents...
Who can attest the Net Worth of the property on father's name ?
Thanks in advance ...and Sorry I asked too many Questions ...I'm just a boy from Village who knows nothing bout these things
What is the cost of your program? You need to show 1 year's tuition fee - even better pay the university for the 1st year (make sure you confirm their refund policy) + 10,000 CAD for living expenses.

There must be a some sort of official documentation made when property is sold. Get that document that has the amount your property was sold for. The dates the property was sold and money was credited to your account must be close. If the document is in Urdu, get it translated and get a affidavit from the translator.

It's not enough that you are the only son but it's a good start. Write about it in your SOP.

For University Admission => Check their program/department page. Make sure you read the international students equivalences.

Attested => Notory Public will attest them. There is less of a need in an online application as you will be scanning originals.

Documents Required =>
Requirements of embassy for study permit....
1. Canada application form( 4 forms available on CIC website)
2. Statement of purpose (SOP, write 2-3 pages)
3. Acceptance letter from university
4. Offer letter from university
5. Evidence of fee paid to university
6. IELTS photocopy ( must be notarized from notary public)
7. All educational documents photocopy (attested from hec, ibcc, and notarized from notary public: For Pakistani applicants only )Note: This is for paper based application since they wont return your original certificates, you can upload original certificates if you are applying online.
8. Bank statement( original documents of bank which shows your details of account and it must be six months old account. It can also work with 4 months if you pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year upfront)
9. Source of income( How much do you and/or your sponsor earns; you would have to show payslips and bank statements to show that. You also need to show property of 2-3 crore or above. It would be better to do you)
10. Family registration certificate (FRC from nadra) original
11. Police clearance certificate original
12. Polio certificate original
13. Your NIC and your parents NIC's photocopy and must be notarized
14. Your original passport and all pages of it photocopy
Above I copied from @hussainkestrel 's post 2 pages back

Net Worth => I'm not sure, some local property manager can do that. Some specialize in preparing for embassies.

Reactions: Shaahbaaz

Shaahbaaz

Apr 27, 2018
What is the cost of your program? You need to show 1 year's tuition fee - even better pay the university for the 1st year (make sure you confirm their refund policy) + 10,000 CAD for living expenses.

There must be a some sort of official documentation made when property is sold. Get that document that has the amount your property was sold for. The dates the property was sold and money was credited to your account must be close. If the document is in Urdu, get it translated and get a affidavit from the translator.

It's not enough that you are the only son but it's a good start. Write about it in your SOP.

For University Admission => Check their program/department page. Make sure you read the international students equivalences.

Attested => Notory Public will attest them. There is less of a need in an online application as you will be scanning originals.

Documents Required =>
Above I copied from @hussainkestrel 's post 2 pages back

Net Worth => I'm not sure, some local property manager can do that. Some specialize in preparing for embassies.
Thanks for your help....Tuition fee is 9K CAD year according to the University..Can we have a Conversation ?? going to start the process and it'd be easier to discuss everything with you....

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for your help....Tuition fee is 9K CAD year according to the University..Can we have a Conversation ?? going to start the process and it'd be easier to discuss everything with you....
Sure, I have no problems with private messages but if you post in the thread you'll get more info from more knowledgeable members.

Reactions: Shaahbaaz

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
How does medical work for study visa? Do you get it done before or they ask you for it once visa approval is done? Any idea?

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
How does medical work for study visa? Do you get it done before or they ask you for it once visa approval is done? Any idea?
It depends on you. If you want to save time, get it done before applying otherwise they will ask for it before making a decision on your application if they are interested.

tameezs

May 21, 2018
Hello people!
I was admitted to U Waterloo for the Jan 2018 intake, for Bachelor of Mathematics. Applied for the study permit for the first time on 20 Oct with PKR 3.8 million, applied online. Got refusal on 16 November. Then paid fees for the first term, and reapplied on 15 December from vfs karachi, with bank statements of PKR 5.5 million and this time with property worth PKR 5.6 million separately. Got refusal on basis of bona fide student on January 4th..
Now I have admission in York University in Bachelor of Engineering, tuition fees paid for first term, and will appli for study permit in a day or two with bank statements of PKR 4.2 million and apartment worth PKR 5.6 million. I have all A/A*s in O A levels, haven't given ielts but have given the redesigned SAT.
My PCC will expire on 14 June though, and this time I have made a strong SOP, with notarized affidavit, and notarized identification of family documents. I also have a entrance scholarship of CAD 2000. My SOP is of 3 pages and explains the issue of family ties and financial docs in great detail. A separate cover letter of my study plan is of one and a half page, and it is about my educational goals and career prospects in Pakistan.
Do I have a chance of getting a study permit this third time ?

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Hello people!
I was admitted to U Waterloo for the Jan 2018 intake, for Bachelor of Mathematics. Applied for the study permit for the first time on 20 Oct with PKR 3.8 million, applied online. Got refusal on 16 November. Then paid fees for the first term, and reapplied on 15 December from vfs karachi, with bank statements of PKR 5.5 million and this time with property worth PKR 5.6 million separately. Got refusal on basis of bona fide student on January 4th..
Now I have admission in York University in Bachelor of Engineering, tuition fees paid for first term, and will appli for study permit in a day or two with bank statements of PKR 4.2 million and apartment worth PKR 5.6 million. I have all A/A*s in O A levels, haven't given ielts but have given the redesigned SAT.
My PCC will expire on 14 June though, and this time I have made a strong SOP, with notarized affidavit, and notarized identification of family documents. I also have a entrance scholarship of CAD 2000. My SOP is of 3 pages and explains the issue of family ties and financial docs in great detail. A separate cover letter of my study plan is of one and a half page, and it is about my educational goals and career prospects in Pakistan.
Do I have a chance of getting a study permit this third time ?
What was the reason of refusal for the first time and was not being a bona fide student the only reason the second time? Tell us about the bank statement. Was the amount that you showed both time remained in the bank account and if so for how long.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
What was the reason of refusal for the first time and was not being a bona fide student the only reason the second time? Tell us about the bank statement. Was the amount that you showed both time remained in the bank account and if so for how long.
Like how many months the bank statement was both time and was the amount that you showed both time fixed or was it coming in and going out.

tameezs

May 21, 2018
The first time, it was due to financial reasons and that I will not return back after study.
The second time it was only bona fide, due to which they believed I will not return.
Money was going in and out and still is, due to my father investing in real estate and other avenues. However I showed statements of previous 4 months, and bank balance did exceed the latest amount as well.
Also, will the PCC be an issue?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
The first time, it was due to financial reasons and that I will not return back after study.
The second time it was only bona fide, due to which they believed I will not return.
Money was going in and out and still is, due to my father investing in real estate and other avenues. However I showed statements of previous 4 months, and bank balance did exceed the latest amount as well.
Also, will the PCC be an issue?
  1. Did you explain how your degree will help you in Pakistan?
  2. You state that your bank statement fluctuates. Do you explain why? What is your father's business etc.?
  3. Can you demonstrate any economic ties in Pakistan? Like will you take over what your father does
  4. Did you submit a SOP in previous applications?
  5. Do you have any immediate family members in Canada or any relatives that you mentioned in your SOP?
Provide a list of documents that you submitted.

If you ask me, you need to apply for GCMS notes. I don't know what else to say.

Also, give IELTS even if you are exempt.

tameezs

May 21, 2018
Yes I did explain how the degree will help me gain an upper hand over local graduates and that will help me prosper in the local job market.
My father does not have a registered business of the sort, he invests for short term on the advise of a trusted estate agent.
I did submit a SOP previously as well.
I do have relatives in Canada, but I did not mention that anywhere on the application as it would make it seem like I might prolong my stay.
The list of documents I will submit is:
-all required forms (4 in total)
-bank statements worth PKR 4.2mill
-offer letter from university, scholarship letter, transfer credit statement, tuition fees payment receipt, list of coursed of my first year
-English Language Proficiency letter from my high school stating that my English language ability is comparable to the native speaker, hence I haven't appeared and also do not intend to appear in IELTS.
-Notarized passports and cnics of my family, will see if I can find FRC as well.
-notarized affidavit from my father stating that he will fund my education
-educational documents: attested copies of O A level transcripts, high school transcript and high school graduation letter along with SAT score report
-letter from the coaching centre, where I have been doing freelance work since my high school graduation stating that I am an honest individual, never found guilty of malign intent.
-3 pages SOP, explaining possible career prospects in Pakistan, the fact that my father owns property and hence I habe a heriditary right to it, and that all my family lives here, as my home ties. Explaining the financial aspect, as well.
-study plan, stating the research I habe done regarding the course and my overall educational and career goals..
-Police Clearance certificate