+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
No need to write 2 years in any case.
Despite Offer Late saying 12-24 months, right?

Also, do you know if we pay for the entire year in advance but, for any reason, decide to withdraw or transfer to another university, are the fees for the terms that I did not partake in refunded to me? I'm asking SFS too but they take ages to reply. Also asked them to give me a letter stating the tuition fee per term since offer letter is blank when it comes to fees - just says check website.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Despite Offer Late saying 12-24 months, right?

Also, do you know if we pay for the entire year in advance but, for any reason, decide to withdraw or transfer to another university, are the fees for the terms that I did not partake in refunded to me? I'm asking SFS too but they take ages to reply. Also asked them to give me a letter stating the tuition fee per term since offer letter is blank when it comes to fees - just says check website.
Yes, their offer letter had 12-24 months and they wrote 1 year and it worked for them so it wont be a problem for you.

It will be refunded to you as long as you withdraw in the first three weeks of the term or before that. It's like a bank account. You should call them, the sfs take a lot of time to respond on email.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Yes, their offer letter had 12-24 months and they wrote 1 year and it worked for them so it wont be a problem for you.

It will be refunded to you as long as you withdraw in the first three weeks of the term or before that. It's like a bank account. You should call them, the sfs take a lot of time to respond on email.
In fact, you'll get the money back after a month of your first term whether you want it or not. They don't like to keep extra money but they will if you ask them to.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
In fact, you'll get the money back after a month of your first term whether you want it or not. They don't like to keep extra money but they will if you ask them to.
Oh I see, so i can transfer to my Canadian account then. Just wanted to know what the entire ordeal is since I want to transfer to MASc inshAllah.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Oh I see, so i can transfer to my Canadian account then. Just wanted to know what the entire ordeal is since I want to transfer to MASc inshAllah.
I do have the emails of sfs about their refund policy. If you want, i can forward them to you.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I do have the emails of sfs about their refund policy. If you want, i can forward them to you.
Yes, please do.

Out of curiosity, if universities give you the money back that they haven't charged, why do VO give this so much importance? Any non bond fide student can pay 1st year tuition and then get refund there.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Yes, please do.

Out of curiosity, if universities give you the money back that they haven't charged, why do VO give this so much importance? Any non bond fide student can pay 1st year tuition and then get refund there.
It proves two things.

1) The money isn't borrowed because for some Universities like UBC, they take a lot of time to refund. A friend got his money back after 5 months. And some of them do not refund the entire amount like FIC even if you ask before the terms starts.

2) Since you haven't paid tuition fee to any other University so you don't have a second option and if you withdraw the money asap, then your permit will be cancelled after 90 days because the Universities report this to Cic that you are no longer enrolled so it shows that you are serious as you would have to study the first semester.

salman53101

Feb 3, 2018
What's the best way to get in touch with the Abu Dhabi embassy? I sent a case specific enquiry twice so far and no response

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
What's the best way to get in touch with the Abu Dhabi embassy? I sent a case specific enquiry twice so far and no response
Unfortunately, that's the only way. Just wait.

Asil

Mar 4, 2013
Is it worth calling the embassy? My admission will cancel if I didn't make it to the university within the first two weeks of may.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Is it worth calling the embassy? My admission will cancel if I didn't make it to the university within the first two weeks of may.
I don't think one can call embassy regarding ones application status. All we can do is send a Case specific enquiry. You would have to defer the admission if you are not approved on time.

Asil

Mar 4, 2013
I don't think one can call embassy regarding ones application status. All we can do is send a Case specific enquiry. You would have to defer the admission if you are not approved on time.
Already utilized the deferral facility. Case-specific-enquiries are futile. Totally clueless now.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Already utilized the deferral facility. Case-specific-enquiries are futile. Totally clueless now.
I deferred twice so maybe there is still a chance. Make a strong case that the embassy has taken longer than the average processing time and that it is not your fault if you applied well within time that is. It worked for me and they deferred my admission for the second time.