+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Hi guys,

There has been a change in my portal.The additional documents changed to “we do not need additional documents”.What does this mean? Am I getting closer to Passport request?
Do share your timeline so that we can help accordingly.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
I find it hard to believe that not a single person got their visa, surely there must be someone! Am I gambling with my life by applying to Canada? I think I'm pretty early at 5 months before course starts right?
There are many who got their permit approved for January intake. If everything is complete then apply asap.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
dont worry dear. hope for the best. 5 months before start is not early at all being a student from Pakistan.
That's not true at all. The average time is 2-4 months. 4 months in those cases when you apply late or miss your classes because then they take extra time. If you are not applying with your family, then five months is a lot of time.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
@hussain-lala Any response from the embassy yet? You should send them a Case Specific Inquiry because i am sure even with family, the processing time is a lot in your case.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I need advice on how to best present my case to the visa officer so I can attain a Study Permit. My concerns are regarding proof of funds. I am not sure what constitutes as a good proof of funds as I have seen many applicants on this forum refused even though they had the money in the bank. I would sincerely appreciate any advice on this matter.

Total cost of program: CAD50,000 over 2 years. I have CAD 60,000.

Funds:

2 bank accounts:
  1. As I live with my parents and have no dependents, I am able to save 100% of my salary. I have saved up CAD30000 over the years. Therefore, I am able to sponsor one year of my degree.
  2. 2nd bank account is in USD. My father is transferring CAD30000 in this account I will wire 1st years tuition from this account.
Both above accounts in my name. I will demonstrate using documents that the CAD30000 came from my father's account. Father will also provide an affidavit. These funds cover my entire 2 years.

This is perhaps the weakest area of my application.
  1. I am concerned that the VO will consider the fact that I am utilizing my salary account / savings as a potential reason I am not a bona fide student. Truthfully, I simply don't have any other use for this money so I'm using it for a worthy cause.
  2. The CAD30,000 that my father will be transferring is from a property sale. The money has been in his account since Mid-January 2018. Do I need to show what the source of this money or is it enough that my father is transferring it to me and providing an affidavit? In addition, I will show a paper trial that demonstrates the CAD30,000 in my USD account were these exact funds.
  3. In my SOP, I write that I intend to study Computer Vision / Electronics Engineering so I can take the Quality Control division of the company forward. Will the VO question the fact that even though there is benefit to the company, why are they not sponsoring my education? My explanation for this is that my father, though the majority shareholder, is not the only shareholder in the company.
Profile:
  • 31 years old, single
  • 1st Class B.Eng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from University of Leicester, UK
  • Waiting for an admit to McGill, Ottawa, Waterloo, Queens for a Masters in Electronics Engineering with a specialization in Computer Vision.
  • IELTS, test on 3rd March.
6 years of work experience as an Electronics Design Engineer at my father's company (from 2011), a significant portion of which is related to the specialization I seek.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Best source of funds is to pay the tuition fee upfront and show that you are rich (include business and investment income and salary of your family). They wont refuse you for the proof of funds.
Tuition fee, I will pay upfront.

Rest is easier said than done. For the business, I am already providing income tax returns for past 3 years. But if I attach bank statements, it is going to back fire. When I applied for my UK visa as the business as my sponsor, I was refused the visa because the bank accounts were running on over-draft - this is normal for a business but the VO didn't consider it and refused me. But at least there is an implied justification that I don't need business' bank statements as they are not sponsoring me.

Investments: My father is into real estate but as I mentioned the source of the funds is the sale of the property. This is the only recent property he has sold. We have no other investment income.

Considering this, what else can I do to demonstrate we can indeed afford the tuition? In addition, please let me know what you think of what I wrote in bold-text in my previous post.

Father's salary: Not a good way to go by. it is about 200,000 a month but he has to run a house as well so VO will never be satisfied by this.

Last edited:

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017

Rest is easier said than done. For the business, I am already providing income tax returns for past 3 years. But if I attach bank statements, it is going to back fire. When I applied for my UK visa as the business as my sponsor, I was refused the visa because the bank accounts were running on over-draft - this is normal for a business but the VO didn't consider it and refused me. But at least there is an implied justification that I don't need business' bank statements as they are not sponsoring me.

Investments: My father is into real estate but as I mentioned the source of the funds is the sale of the property. This is the only recent property he has sold. We have no other investment income.

Considering this, what else can I do to demonstrate we can indeed afford the tuition? In addition, please let me know what you think of what I wrote in bold-text in my previous post.

Father's salary: Not a good way to go by. it is about 200,000 a month but he has to run a house as well so VO will never be satisfied by this.
You just need to write in your SOP why you want to do Masters at the age of 31. If you can do that, then all things you wrote in bold wont be a problem. It has to be convincing though. Plus if you can write very briefly, the source of funds then that would be great too. They wont take it negatively as long as you pay tuition fee from it. They don't care where you got the money from as long as you paid the tuition fee from it. Explaining it would be better though. I explained that the money my father paid my tuition from was a payment from a client over a certain period of time, that was proven from the statement.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017

I think you have done the best you can do and i believe personally that you have a strong case if you can explain why you want to study further at this age and would there be a benefit from it that would offset the cost of degree (which i believe are your only weak points) and if your IELTS is like a 7+ than that would be great too. Rest all you can do is pray. I don't think there is anything you can do more. Just make sure you have all the documents. Transcripts, Police certificate, FRC, valuation certificates of property etc and Insha Allah you will get it.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I think you have done the best you can do and i believe personally that you have a strong case if you can explain why you want to study further at this age and would there be a benefit from it that would offset the cost of degree (which i believe are your only weak points) and if your IELTS is like a 7+ than that would be great too. Rest all you can do is pray. I don't think there is anything you can do more. Just make sure you have all the documents. Transcripts, Police certificate, FRC, valuation certificates of property etc and Insha Allah you will get it.
Hussain, you have been immensely helpful. I'll see if a company sponsorship is possible too, will have a talk with my dad tomorrow about it.

Gave my IELTS today, fairly hopeful it will be between 7 and 8.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
March 6th was the last date to provide updated letter, so I guess starting today they will be reopening files and assessing them and send PPR
Well i don't think it depends on the last date to submit because a friend got passport request after 13 days but hopefully we'll hear soon from them.