+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a slight problem in my documents and I think I will need to explain it to the visa officer. I'm a salaried individual and have paid my tax on time every month since I've been legible. However, due to an oversight on my part, I did not know that I had to file year income tax return as well. The due date for this return is normally September 30.

I will be filing my return this month for sure but the document will clearly state that I filed my income tax return way after the due date. Though, I have been assured by everyone that there is no penalty by the Pakistani government.

I am providing Income Tax Return and Wealth Statement to prove that 1) I pay taxes 2) Have some assets (property, shares etc.) in my name. However, I am providing additional documentation that proves 1) and 2) as well.

How can I explain to the visa officer about the late submission of my income tax return?

hussain-lala

Nov 7, 2013
Hello everyone, I have a slight problem in my documents and I think I will need to explain it to the visa officer. I'm a salaried individual and have paid my tax on time every month since I've been legible. However, due to an oversight on my part, I did not know that I had to file year income tax return as well. The due date for this return is normally September 30.

I will be filing my return this month for sure but the document will clearly state that I filed my income tax return way after the due date. Though, I have been assured by everyone that there is no penalty by the Pakistani government.

I am providing Income Tax Return and Wealth Statement to prove that 1) I pay taxes 2) Have some assets (property, shares etc.) in my name. However, I am providing additional documentation that proves 1) and 2) as well.

How can I explain to the visa officer about the late submission of my income tax return?
If you are filing returns through a lawyer ask him to file returns for previous years as well. He will do it for the period you are paying income tax. That may help to some extent as you can extin SOP that you are a tax payer since 2013(let’s assume) and returns filer since 2018.
But it would be better to avoid mentioning even these details as they will obvious from your returns.
Your past payslips should also be indicating tax deductions I think. You can highlight them

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
If you are filing returns through a lawyer ask him to file returns for previous years as well. He will do it for the period you are paying income tax. That may help to some extent as you can extin SOP that you are a tax payer since 2013(let’s assume) and returns filer since 2018.
But it would be better to avoid mentioning even these details as they will obvious from your returns.
Your past payslips should also be indicating tax deductions I think. You can highlight them
Hello, thank you for your response.

Yes, I think that would be the best way to go - not to highlight them. I will be submitting monthly receipts of tax slips of the past 1 year and can highlight them.

However, in your opinion, would this affect my application in a negative way? Could it cause a rejection?

I'm wondering if I should be submitting them even since I am furnishing other documentation which proves my employment and assets. Furthermore, if I should submit, should I submit for past 3 years?

Last edited:

MaryKhan

Feb 21, 2018
Hello,
I m planning to apply to SFU, Manitoba and royal roads. Do let me know which university gives a better chances of getting visa plus which university is good in general? Thankyou :)

hussain-lala

Nov 7, 2013
Hello,
I m planning to apply to SFU, Manitoba and royal roads. Do let me know which university gives a better chances of getting visa plus which university is good in general? Thankyou :)
You can check the ranking, SFU is amongst the best Canadian universities despite being private one. It also has good world ranking.
For visa I don’t think if the university matters, it’s the course you choose and it’s relativity with your past academics and professional life. If there’s some deviation then that must be clarified in SOP else VO will get the assumption that you’re not a Bona fida student

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
You can check the ranking, SFU is amongst the best Canadian universities despite being private one. It also has good world ranking.
For visa I don’t think if the university matters, it’s the course you choose and it’s relativity with your past academics and professional life. If there’s some deviation then that must be clarified in SOP else VO will get the assumption that you’re not a Bona fida student
Firstly, SFU is a public research University not a private one. You wont get a PGWP or it is almost impossible to get one after graduating from a private University in Canada.
Secondly, i agree with hussain-lala. You just need to prepare a good file and need to explain everything in the SOP like future plans, ties with home country, how the education will help you in Pakistan etc. and Insha Allah you'll get it. I have seen my friends getting study permit approved and refused who applied to SFU so it certainly depends on the file and not the University.

hussain-lala

Nov 7, 2013
Firstly, SFU is a public research University not a private one. You wont get a PGWP or it is almost impossible to get one after graduating from a private University in Canada.
Secondly, i agree with hussain-lala. You just need to prepare a good file and need to explain everything in the SOP like future plans, ties with home country, how the education will help you in Pakistan etc. and Insha Allah you'll get it. I have seen my friends getting study permit approved and refused who applied to SFU so it certainly depends on the file and not the University.
Sorry it was my mistake, SFU is public uni, I had Fraser college in my mind.
PGWP after graduating from private university is allowed in certain cases, not all the time.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
PGWP after graduating from private university is allowed in certain cases, not all the time.
From what i have learned from the senior members, you wont get credit for private Universities in getting PGWP so one should go for Public well known Universities.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Yeah i know about FIC. Those certain cases are when you spend the first year at FIC and then transfer to SFU the next year according to the agreement between FIC and SFU so the time you have spent at SFU will help you in getting the PGWP not the FIC one and you will get it but by doing a degree entirely at a private institution wont help at all.