+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

Haider Nisar

Dec 14, 2018
I have applied on 4 April, biometric on 15 April from London vfs, they have started background check but ABI tk review of eligibility start ni Kia , medical is not the requirement from United Kingdom. Idk why they are taking too much time on background check, is it normal that they start working on background check first?

TheShepherd

May 21, 2019
Assalam o Alaikum People.. I had applied for study visa on 20 February 2019 for May 2019 intake. Received medical request on 16 May 2019. Gave on 23 May 2019 and the medical status was updated on GCKey to "passed" on the next day as I requested the panel physician. Didn't received my passport in time for May 2019. Had to defer to Fall 2019 intake. The processing time after medical is 4 weeks which is happening in like two days. Any experience about this like would I get my visa in this week or I have to wait till July or August as they delay deliberately the visa fearing the student might reach there too early and start working as I have read in some forums? Also anybody for University of Maitoba or ICM for Bachelors?

Kad786

May 18, 2019
Hi has your review of eligibility started? I applied on the 10th of May, both eligibility and Background have started, gave biometrics when I submitted the application, they are showing on my gckey portal.
Any reply sir, after that ?

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Hello, I’m applying for Fall 2019 intake I had a question regarding the bank statements, so in the past 6 months my dads bank balance has fluctuated as it has been around 20-30k CAD and it doesn’t meet the cic requirements but he recently got an amount of 72000 CAD from his own company as he is the owner, I was wondering if we show that along with his property back home which is worth 300,000 CAD will that be sufficient to convince the visa officer? My yearly fees is around 43k with living expenses.
Sorry for the late reply. Another approach is to pay the tuition fee upfront but make sure that they have have 100% refund policy.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Hey!
I got a conditional acceptance from Sheridan College and am now starting my visa application. Could someone please guide me on the things I need to mention on my sop?

Thanks.
kindly go through the entire thread. Would be sufficient for you.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
16% for Pakistan
There is no official acceptance rate for Pakistanis. If your profile isn't good, they'll refuse you. It's that simple. Go through this forum and check why people are refused and avoid those mistakes. I have never seen a good profile getting refused.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
I have applied on 4 April, biometric on 15 April from London vfs, they have started background check but ABI tk review of eligibility start ni Kia , medical is not the requirement from United Kingdom. Idk why they are taking too much time on background check, is it normal that they start working on background check first?
They work in mysterious ways. Background checks run in parallel and are conducted by outside agencies so it takes time.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Assalam o Alaikum People.. I had applied for study visa on 20 February 2019 for May 2019 intake. Received medical request on 16 May 2019. Gave on 23 May 2019 and the medical status was updated on GCKey to "passed" on the next day as I requested the panel physician. Didn't received my passport in time for May 2019. Had to defer to Fall 2019 intake. The processing time after medical is 4 weeks which is happening in like two days. Any experience about this like would I get my visa in this week or I have to wait till July or August as they delay deliberately the visa fearing the student might reach there too early and start working as I have read in some forums? Also anybody for University of Maitoba or ICM for Bachelors?
Yeah they do delay visa sometimes when they know that the intake is far. Can't say how much. But since you passed medical on request, there is a high chance they'll approve you so don't worry. Regarding the updated letter, I waited for them to contact me for the updated letter which they did and i uploaded it the same day and they approved my application a month later. I have seen other people sending the updated letter through a case specific inquiry so i guess both of the approaches work. I hope this answers the questions.

ELIF#1

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
They work in mysterious ways. Background checks run in parallel and are conducted by outside agencies so it takes time.
Yeah in my case as well I received biometric validity letter on 25th April and I haven't received any updates, and background check is going on for so long. not yet received any request for medical, already 8 weeks are over.

any idea or suggestions?

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Yeah in my case as well I received biometric validity letter on 25th April and I haven't received any updates, and background check is going on for so long. not yet received any request for medical, already 8 weeks are over.

any idea or suggestions?
Wait. That's all the suggestion i can give you. They approved me after 5 months when the processing time was 4 weeks so it takes time. You can always send a case specific enquiry if you want to.

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018

You can send them a message through webform ..