+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan SDS program transfer of funds

Rimshajameel001

Oct 31, 2019
Canada
Hi, my name is rimsha, i have applied for admission in Canadian university and got LOA.
Now I want to get gic from canadian bank but don't know which bank best for Pakistanis and how to transfer money from my Pakistani HBL account to Canadian bank!
Anyone who can help me in this regard,
I would be grateful

Harry_b

Aug 1, 2019
I opened an account in both Scotia and Habib Canadian, I took the received instructions to my bank, Bank Al Falah, they first refused to agree that it's for educational purpose and asked me to open Foreign currency account, for which I have to be filer first.

After many attempts of explaining them, they accepted to send the money from my PKR account to Scotia bank, and I spent two days complying with their requirements for transaction. Yesterday they told me that the transaction has been blocked by State bank and I need a Foreign Currency account.

It is so frustrating dealing with banks here, even though I read online that there are people from Pakistan who were able to send the GIC money through their local PKR account.

Could someone share their successful experience!

Shahzaib.Javaid

Aug 25, 2019
Hi, my name is rimsha, i have applied for admission in Canadian university and got LOA.
Now I want to get gic from canadian bank but don't know which bank best for Pakistanis and how to transfer money from my Pakistani HBL account to Canadian bank!
Anyone who can help me in this regard,
I would be grateful
Were you able to get that GIC or not?
I will be applying for my study permit and want to know how can I get the GIC and which bank is most suitable for this