+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pain of International students

nEVERgiveUP751

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Vancouver
GARJ said:
It is near impossible for an international student to get ITA these days. The score is too high and has been high for most of this year. International students were forgotten by the immigration system. I know of thousands who had to leave everything behind because of express entry. I had a skilled job and lived in Canada for years, with perfect English levels. Still, my score was 447. I was stuck with that score for all of 2015. It was psychologically draining. I feel for every international student out there struggling with the immigration system.

My advice to everyone is if you are serious about getting an ITA and you don't have the score, think of all your options that you are capable of doing to achieve a higher score. In my case I went back to school and took some additional classes to complete a second degree. My score was bumped to 477 and I finally got my ITA on April 6th. Unfortunately the required number of points ever since has sky rocketed. Best of luck to everyone in stuck in migratory limbo. Just know that you aren't alone.
thanks Garj for your suggestion, I guess it will help someone