App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
You don't have to apply as FSW just because you are outside. If you have worked in Canada, you are eligible for CEC.

hamzakhobza

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-02-2016
Passport Req..
18-11-2016
Hey guys,

If you are thinking of going to Canada as an International Student, make sure the province you are going to has an easy nomination path. Smaller provinces are usually better, with PEI being the best.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
cococly said:
I have studied and worked in Canada for 9 years. I understand all your feelings.

I had to leave Canada and return to my home country after my PGWP expired (Recession hit Alberta) :'(

But hey, I am not giving up hope yet. I am applying as a FSW.

To be honest, it's really very difficult for a newly graduated international student to secure a skilled-work occupation , worked in that for at least 1 year, and then start applying for PNP/ EE, and getting approved for PR, he/she has to do ALL these within 3 years with the PGWP. It's not impossible, but it's fairly difficult.
yes keeping the hope up. Problem is not a skilled job I have it already just that company is not ready to apply for LMIA and without that no chance for PR. My job is highly skilled and company couldnt find anyone for a year. They hired a not so suited person and he was making so many mistakes I am still fixing them and when it is in regulatory companies get dinged for mistakes. But still hope is alive

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
hamzakhobza said:
Hey guys,

If you are thinking of going to Canada as an International Student, make sure the province you are going to has an easy nomination path. Smaller provinces are usually better, with PEI being the best.
post this in international students section of the forum hopefully people will listen

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Hopefully the September announcement will bring some relief for us. How I understand, they try to make LMIA easier in general, and there is a chance that international students will get exemption. If they also give extra points in EE, that will make things easier for sure. I can just hope rumors become reality.

The other thing (to ottawa applicant), telling to unkown people that they are not trying hard enough is completely rude and unfair. Most companies and occupations simply can not get LMIA. It's a fact. Speaking down to others will not help anybody. If you wanna help, help with a good intention, just don't show off how smart and bright you are. If you can give real advice, do so. If not, just don't hurt people's feelings.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GARJ said:
That's hard to say, but I'm sure that anyone with Canadian education would get points. Not just people within Canada.
Thanks for these thoughts, i hope this happens.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
mead said:
yes keeping the hope up. Problem is not a skilled job I have it already just that company is not ready to apply for LMIA and without that no chance for PR. My job is highly skilled and company couldnt find anyone for a year. They hired a not so suited person and he was making so many mistakes I am still fixing them and when it is in regulatory companies get dinged for mistakes. But still hope is alive
I think you don't need LMIA if you managed to get PR thru EE within the 3 years given by your PGWP.

If your CRS is high enough, you could get ITA, so technically it's not a must to get a company applying for LMIA for you. It all needs to be done entirely within the 3-year time frame.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cococly said:
I think you don't need LMIA if you managed to get PR thru EE within the 3 years given by your PGWP.

If your CRS is high enough, you could get ITA, so technically it's not a must to get a company applying for LMIA for you. It all needs to be done entirely within the 3-year time frame.
And it goes back to square one. The recent minimum score is really too high for young international student with maxed out IELTS. That's why LMIA is only option left, but it's impossible for young international student without prior experience.

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raven00090 said:
Just because it worked out for you doesn't mean it has or it will for others. Many have already tried and failed here and some cannot due to their employers not being onboard with it. And they are in situations where they can't even search for other jobs and get someone else to do an LMIA because time is not on their side. Not so cut and dry.
Hi,

I didn't work out for me, I'm one of the few left over people in CEC July 2015 and yet no news abut PR, so It did not work out for me!

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neorol said:
Hopefully the September announcement will bring some relief for us. How I understand, they try to make LMIA easier in general, and there is a chance that international students will get exemption. If they also give extra points in EE, that will make things easier for sure. I can just hope rumors become reality.

The other thing (to ottawa applicant), telling to unkown people that they are not trying hard enough is completely rude and unfair. Most companies and occupations simply can not get LMIA. It's a fact. Speaking down to others will not help anybody. If you wanna help, help with a good intention, just don't show off how smart and bright you are. If you can give real advice, do so. If not, just don't hurt people's feelings.
Hi,

If you read thoroughly I was simply sharing my opinion, I’m far far away from being rude to anyone. I could sit all day long and exchange endless email ad post with everyone or I could be investing this time looking for job. I did give out real advice which do not take a no for an answer. I know someone who has restaurant that hired a guy to work with LMIA, so even if you have to pay someone to do this I would do it. And thank you for sharing your opinion as well. We’re discussing and sharing our pain as you mentioned.

Ioftenyell

Jun 29, 2016
raven00090 said:
You don't have to apply as FSW just because you are outside. If you have worked in Canada, you are eligible for CEC.
Once again, it is not only "have worked in Canada". It is at the very least, one year of work experience in a NOC 0,A,B position.

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016
To be considered for the Canadian Experience Class, you need to have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
Your experience must be at least 12 months of full-time (30 hours of paid work per week or more) or an equal amount in part-time hours.

Full Time

30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Part time

15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
OR
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

If you do not show that your experience meets the description in the NOC, we will not accept your application.

Find out the NOC code, title and skill type or level for your job.

If your existing work permit is about to expire, you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit. If you are eligible, this permit can let you keep working while you wait for a final decision on your permanent residence application.

nEVERgiveUP751

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Vancouver
intensecool said:
Hi,

I am international student, my work permit expired in June 2014 so had to leave Canada. My PNP was denied due to a very stupid rule.

Will i get additional points due to policy changes ?
If they give it to international students, then I am assuming you will also get