+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paid same fee twice - two different ways...can I get a refund?

naijabelle

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Hey Forum friends,

So I paid my BOWP fee twice...I initially wanted to go the paper route and used my cc to pay fees online and printed out the"official receipt" where you fill your contact info out and attach it to the paper app. It was for 150 dollars as I mistakenly thought that was the fee. Fast forward to a month later I figured I would brave the online application (like I reiterated a couple of posts back, I am very technologically/computer challenged...even though I am quite educated in other areas etc...but after reading the post here about how easy it was...I thought i would try that instead). Long story short, I applied online and of course paid again the 155 with my CC as part of the process. Now the question - I still have that "official receipt" for 150 that I was going to attach to my paper application....and now I am wondering if there is anything I can do to get it back from CIC?

I know it is different from the run of the mill questions that get posted here but was hoping someone could help?

Thank you

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Call CIC and ask them if they can refund your payment as it was made twice. Hopefully they will.

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
Did you submit your application by mail, online, or both?

If you haven't even sent in the paper receipt, commonsense tells me you should be able to get that back. Assuming you are in Canada right now, contact the call centre and have the receipt with you.