LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
Hi Guys

I am here to gather you all to share ideas of preparations we need to make after getting the Visa. What documents should be taken with us while going CA for the 1st time after getting Visa and should we keep few things in locker etc ro take them along with us ? There will be more concerns as the people come and join and we will get ideas of solving our issues while going abroad for a specific long period of time.
Sooo come and share :-*

Aashi

Oct 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
June 2014
Med's Request
Oct 2014
Med's Done....
Oct 2014
Passport Req..
Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
jan 2015 Alhamdulilah
handsup said:
Hi Guys

I am here to gather you all to share ideas of preparations we need to make after getting the Visa. What documents should be taken with us while going CA for the 1st time after getting Visa and should we keep few things in locker etc ro take them along with us ? There will be more concerns as the people come and join and we will get ideas of solving our issues while going abroad for a specific long period of time.
Sooo come and share :-*
lucky u guys

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
haha soon YOU ll be posting here

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
well for documents u neet to have passports and NIC, Visa and offcourse Ticket(boarding card) .. as for as shopping is concerned, well it all depends on many things.. like how many family memebers are in a family.. and how much affordable r u.... cause in Canada things are expensive except basic foods.. otherwise everything is costlier..

Aashi

Oct 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
June 2014
Med's Request
Oct 2014
Med's Done....
Oct 2014
Passport Req..
Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
jan 2015 Alhamdulilah

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
ipoo said:
well for documents u neet to have passports and NIC, Visa and offcourse Ticket(boarding card) .. as for as shopping is concerned, well it all depends on many things.. like how many family memebers are in a family.. and how much affordable r u.... cause in Canada things are expensive except basic foods.. otherwise everything is costlier..
ahan what effects affordability? like what you want us to buy from home country that is expensive in CA?

one more question regarding docs: Should I take me edu docs too with me? I am software engineer; would I need an equivalence degree letter there in CA if I try to do some short courses etc? and what are the job requirements ?

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Before you arrive in Canada

1.Get and bring to Canada all official documents belonging to you and the family members who are immigrating with you.

Common documents include:
•birth certificate or baptismal certificates
•passport
•marriage, separation or divorce papers
•adoption records for adopted children
•death certificate for a deceased spouse
•school records, educational diplomas and certificates, including transcripts listing the courses you took to obtain a degree or certificate
•medical records (prescriptions, test results, x-rays, allergies, etc.) and dental records
•letters of reference from former employers
•car registration documents (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada)
•photocopies of all essential and important documents in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)

If you have family members that will be immigrating at a later date, you should also bring copies of their documents with you.

You may not need these documents immediately, but it is better to bring all your official documents in case they are needed in the future. It is often much more difficult to obtain these documents after you have left your country of origin.

kmishal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
AMJ said:

1.Get and bring to Canada all official documents belonging to you and the family members who are immigrating with you.

•passport
•school records, educational diplomas and certificates, including transcripts listing the courses you took to obtain a degree or certificate
•medical records (prescriptions, test results, x-rays, allergies, etc.) and dental records
•photocopies of all essential and important documents in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)

If you have family members that will be immigrating at a later date, you should also bring copies of their documents with you.

You may not need these documents immediately, but it is better to bring all your official documents in case they are needed in the future. It is often much more difficult to obtain these documents after you have left your country of origin.
Thanks AMJ, by the way do you know the procedure to import the Car into Canada ? is it good idea to do this or better to buy in Canada ?

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kmishal said:
Thanks AMJ, by the way do you know the procedure to import the Car into Canada ? is it good idea to do this or better to buy in Canada ?
I'd also thought about it but friends suggested that it would not be feasible to bring the car to Canada especially from the Gulf. Generally, car prices are good in Canada so whatever you sell your car here and add the shipping & clearing charges in Canada, you would be able to get a nice car ( ofcourse, minus Insurance which is hugh in Ontario).

khankhan

Apr 9, 2014
Visa Office......
Isl/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug 2013
Med's Done....
nov 2014
Passport Req..
jan/2014
salam brothers & sisters,
1st of all congratulation to all who got pp back. My question is about importing good to canada when you move there. I have heard that with in 2 years of landing immigrant will be able to import their goods such as , My wife have lots of cloths and shoes and accessories, more then a big super store. now i am wondering will they say you are importing it for other purposes . do i have to mention or make a list on my 1st landing or i have the 2 year duration. my house hold goods is worth about 40000 $ and i am ordering 40 feet container from pakistan to Alberta. Is this to do with tax free.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
AMJ said:

•passport

Thank you so much for the detailed reply; I ve one more question. Would I need to get the photocopies notarized? What is the trend there if they ask for photo copy of any xyz doc?

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
AMJ said:
I'd also thought about it but friends suggested that it would not be feasible to bring the car to Canada especially from the Gulf. Generally, car prices are good in Canada so whatever you sell your car here and add the shipping & clearing charges in Canada, you would be able to get a nice car ( ofcourse, minus Insurance which is hugh in Ontario).
Yes that is very much right and correct info. Mu husband sold his Reborn here in Pakistan and got a higher car in CA on almost same price. Lil used cars are cheaper there as compare to Pakistan with lesser mileage. So it is pretty good to buy car ther rather getting it from Pakistan by paying heavy duty and shipment charges etc.

kmishal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
AMJ said:
That is something new.. thanks for that

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
khankhan said:
salam brothers & sisters,
1st of all congratulation to all who got pp back. My question is about importing good to canada when you move there. I have heard that with in 2 years of landing immigrant will be able to import their goods such as , My wife have lots of cloths and shoes and accessories, more then a big super store. now i am wondering will they say you are importing it for other purposes . do i have to mention or make a list on my 1st landing or i have the 2 year duration. my house hold goods is worth about 40000 $ and i am ordering 40 feet container from pakistan to Alberta. Is this to do with tax free.
I'll check the 2 year time period part but the 'Goods to follow' list must be presented to Border Authorities and needed to be officially stamped on your 1st arrival as PR. Once the personal effects arrive in Canada ( any border), you would present the attested list and be able to collect your shipment.

kmishal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
wow, I did not knw this. So I should prepare a list of my belonging at a time of first entry as a PR regardless I am going permanently or for a months?