+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Engg License - ALL Engineers !!!!!

av_can

Jan 11, 2015
Hi,

I wanted to know if a P Engg License is required for all Engineering Jobs in Canada, or is there a very specific requirement.

Also do we need to write all the Technical Exams for the License as we did in college.

That would be tough :eek: :'(

Are there no International Colleges accredited by Canada.

Please enlighten on the process !!!

faraz999

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Photo Req. - 05-02-2015 & Schedule A - 10-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
Hi,

From what i know yes all engineers need to be lisc. if you have given your NCEES (FE) Exam in your last year of college then you can go and get a lisc. as Engineer in training ... and if you want get certified as PE you need 4 years work experience under a lisc. PE and then you have to give a lisc. Exam

I have given the FE exam its 8 hours long. Hope this helps , let me know if you need anymore help.

Regards,
FK

aliakbar.t

Jan 19, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
(WVo)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Nomination.....
03-03-15 (PER)
AOR Received.
15-04-15
File Transfer...
15-05-15 (SLU)
Med's Request
19-05-15
Med's Done....
Meds Uploaded 8th June, TLU (11th June)
Interview........
Re-Meds 29-06-16
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
faraz999 said:
Hi,

From what i know yes all engineers need to be lisc. if you have given your NCEES (FE) Exam in your last year of college then you can go and get a lisc. as Engineer in training ... and if you want get certified as PE you need 4 years work experience under a lisc. PE and then you have to give a lisc. Exam

I have given the FE exam its 8 hours long. Hope this helps , let me know if you need anymore help.

Regards,
FK
Can you put more light on what is FE exams.

I have not taken the exams during my college. Can i take it now? Thats is 6 years after graduation?

Thanks

av_can

Jan 11, 2015
faraz999 said:
Hi,

Regards,
FK
Thanks for the response..Will search further on NCEES (FE) Exam

suthakar

Nov 15, 2019
An academic degree equal to a Canadian engineer, Canadian experience, and full approval of the provincial licensing body.
I have 15+ yrs experience after my graduation. Is there any relaxation for overseas experienced professional apart from home country.
In case of compulsory Canadian experience to avail the License ,what will be minimum experience requirement ?
Will I get the job if entered in Canada.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
I have 15+ yrs experience after my graduation. Is there any relaxation for overseas experienced professional apart from home country.
In case of compulsory Canadian experience to avail the License ,what will be minimum experience requirement ?
The provincial licencing body insists on you having at least one years experience in the field. Should be easy for you. Sure you can get a job, but you can't sign anything until you become a licensed engineer (work-related).

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I've been researching this for a little while. Depending on the province you want to work with, there are different licensing boards and different requirements. I am well versed on the requirements for British Columbia, because that's where I want to work/live. Engineers and Geoscientists of BC is the licensing board. There are 5 requirements you need to meet before you are awarded a P.Eng License.

1. Academic: Graduation from a 4 year undergraduate program from a list of universities. If your university is not there then they may make you take an academic exam. There are a few ways to circumvent this requisite, like having passed both the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) and the PE (Professional Engineering) exams, or having an approved Master's degree.

2. Experience: At least 4 years of work experience and 1 of them must be on a Canadian Environment. This does not necessarily mean in Canada. For example, if you have worked in the US under a licensed PE then you may qualify.

3. Law and Ethics: This is the one requirement I don't think anyone moving to Canada from abroad can skip. This is a 110-question 2 and a half hours examination about the Canadian laws for engineers.

4. English Competence: This will be assessed by comments from your interviewers and an essay you'll write on the day of the law and ethics exam.

5. Good character: This will be assessed throughout your licensing process. They will also base their decision based on comments from interviewers and the engineers you have worked for.

I hope this helps anybody in the same situation. Happy engineering!

suthakar

Nov 15, 2019
Presently, In my first attempt I got IELTS Band score of 6 and ECA cleared for both (Main applicant considered as Mine & secondary will be my Spouse).Shall i proceed for EOI . My consultant request to increase the Band Score of mine & My wife also need to appear ,But she is least interested.
Please suggest whether i can file EOI in "Express entry" without my Spouse IELTS Score & with my Band score of 6.