+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

Aswin Kumar

Mar 18, 2020
Guys I've got two questions.

Did anyone here make their application in May for EIT? If yes how is it going so far?

Is there anyone who did their Masters in Engineering and APEGA asked them to write FE exam recently?
Can someone please respond to my second question?
Thanks in advance!

Ed Doetzel

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Calgary
Can someone please respond to my second question?
Thanks in advance!
You asked it in such a way that you were looking for someone particular (applied to APEGA, has Masters, recently assigned FE) rather than anyone who could answer your underlying question.

When your education is assessed, it is assessed against a standard syllabus course by course.

https://www.apega.ca/apply/membership/exams/technical/courses

If you were assigned the FE, there were gaps between your education and the standard syllabus.

A Masters degree is not especially helpful at filling these gaps as most of the classes you would take in a Masters degree fall outside the standard syllabus.

Did they not give you the option to write technical exams instead of the FE exam?

https://techexam.ca/2023/01/what-is-a-technical-exam-your-ladder-to-professional-engineer

https://techexam.ca/2022/11/what-you-should-know-about-the-fundamentals-of-engineering-exam-fe-exam

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hey! anyone can answer this?
Does a requirement for 12 months of Canadian work experience for a foreign-trained Engineer been dropped by APEGA? For PEngg Licence!

May 19, 2023
Hey! anyone can answer this?
Does a requirement for 12 months of Canadian work experience for a foreign-trained Engineer been dropped by APEGA? For PEngg Licence!
As far as I can read the requirements by APEGA, no official request for 12 months of Canadian work experience exists.

sls

Mar 11, 2017
Non-CEAB, the timeline for PEng, 15 years of experience
Application started = Dec 2022
WES Course-by-course = Dec 2022
Final application submitted = Jan 2023
Application coordinator assigned to my application = Feb 2023
Reviews to CBAT and WRVL requested, final documents accepted = Feb 2023
Internal Review March 2023
Academic Review March 2023
Internal Review March 2023
Experience Examiner 1 April 2023
Exp Examiner 2 April 2023
Exp Examiner 3 April 2023
Case to board May 2023
BOE decision received June 2023
Application approved
NPPE Exam : June 2023
Congratulations! In my case the application coordinator was assigned in March, Internal Review, Experience Examiner 1 review was completed around May, and no updates after that. I wonder what kind of review they do.

May 19, 2023
Congratulations! In my case the application coordinator was assigned in March, Internal Review, Experience Examiner 1 review was completed around May, and no updates after that. I wonder what kind of review they do.
Are you applying for EIT or PEng? CEAB or Non-CEAB?

May 19, 2023
yes, I am applying as a Non-CEAB, also for PEng, and I am currently in the experience examiner #1 and #2 phases. Still no updates since the beginning of the month. Anxious to see the outcome of it.

sls

Mar 11, 2017
yes, I am applying as a Non-CEAB, also for PEng, and I am currently in the experience examiner #1 and #2 phases. Still no updates since the beginning of the month. Anxious to see the outcome of it.
Yah! how many internal reviews do they need? Any idea?