+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owp

dhruv atul

Mar 25, 2016
Should I apply for owp as a spouse of international student with study visa or after my wife reach to Canada?
Should I apply from India or get visitor visa and apply from Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Should I apply for owp as a spouse of international student with study visa or after my wife reach to Canada?
Should I apply from India or get visitor visa and apply from Canada?
Spouses of international students are not guaranteed permits or visas. You can apply for SOWP now from India or wait until later. It is up to you. It will be quite difficult to get a TRV if CIC knows your wife is studying in Canada. It will be assumed that you are wanting to stay during the duration of her studies not just for a short visit.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
I was in the same boat. I am also India citizen but I applied work permit from USA.
I did it after my wife received her visa.
It took me 4 weeks to get the work permit approved.

CIC allows dependents to get a work permit, so if your intention is to work there, I would suggest apply it as soon as possible, as the waiting time is huge when you apply from India.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was in the same boat. I am also India citizen but I applied work permit from USA.
I did it after my wife received her visa.
It took me 4 weeks to get the work permit approved.

CIC allows dependents to get a work permit, so if your intention is to work there, I would suggest apply it as soon as possible, as the waiting time is huge when you apply from India.
OWP are not guaranteed for spouses f international students. You can apply. Really 50/50.