+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP and PR application January 2012

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Sorry, I don't think there's an online application for PR/OWP re: live in care givers. If there is, I am not aware of it. Maybe those who had experience submitting online apps for PR/OWP can help on this regard.

neng23 said:
hello richmondhill

sorry i don't have any idea on how to submit owp/pr apps tru online :( i choose paper based instead....maybe we could ask help from job_seeker or to anybody here ho have an idea about it....HELP guyz.... thanks you

Fiona19

Jun 3, 2011
neng23 said:
hello mandip

What is an open work permit?

An open work permit is a less restrictive type of work permit that authorizes a foreign national to work in Canada in any job and for any employer(s) she or he chooses for the duration of the validity of the open work permit. A caregiver who completes the LCP and receives an open work permit is no longer required to live with his or her employer. Those holding open work permits are also not required to work on a full-time basis. In this way, an open work permit allows a worker greater flexibility not only in her or his ca-reer, but also in her or his private life.

Who is eligible to receive an open work permit?
A caregiver may only submit an application for an open work permit if she or he has completed 24 months, or 3,900 hours in 22 months of authorized work within 4 years of entering the LCP.

What documents are required to apply for an open work permit?
Caregivers hoping to apply for an open work permit must gather all documents required for a PR application, es-pecially proof that the caregiver has completed at least 24 months or 3,900 hours in 22 months of authorized work within 4 years of entering the LCP.

Caregivers eligible to apply for an open work permit are required to submit the following documents with the Open work permit application:

A completed application form (IMM1249 “Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Re-main in Canada”);
A document checklist form for the application (IMM 5556 “Document Checklist-Worker”);
A copy of a marriage certificate (if applicable);

Photocopies of relevant passport pages, these are:
-The page of the current or old passport that display's the caregiver's most recent entry into Canada;
- The front cover of the current passport;
-The front cover of the old passport (if it contains the most recent entry stamp);
- All pages of the current passport that display stamps, visas or photos; and The back page of the current passport, with signature and address information.

A labor market opinion (“LMO”), job offer letter or contract of employment from a prospective employer is NOT required when applying for an open work permit.
Hello Neng13,

I would like to ask you about what you mentioned about the OW where you dont need a job offer. Im mexican and married with a Canadian citizen. By end of April I will send my PR app via outland, but in the mean time I would like to be able to work, however Ive reading that is mandatory to have a job offer. If you apply without a job offer, how did you explain this to CIC...

Thanks for your help...

PITSH

Feb 25, 2012
hey everone i saw that on my check your status page they are saying that they recieved my null on september 2011 what does that mean? that iam missing anything or what please help

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
PITSH said:
hey everone i saw that on my check your status page they are saying that they recieved my null on september 2011 what does that mean? that iam missing anything or what please help
i have no idea what that means.. when did you submit your application?

PITSH

Feb 25, 2012
its very wiered i checked again today and the null thning was not there i even called them and tey said that its ok i applied in september 28 and even upto date i have recived my owp

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you are all lucky guys as the processing now for OWP is way faster than before..we submitted ours last 2010 and just recently received our OWP.... just be patient as it will come out soon...we waited for 18 months to receive ours, so I think few weeks is not bad at all...cheers.... :D

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
Fiona19 said:
Hello Neng13,

I would like to ask you about what you mentioned about the OW where you dont need a job offer. Im mexican and married with a Canadian citizen. By end of April I will send my PR app via outland, but in the mean time I would like to be able to work, however Ive reading that is mandatory to have a job offer. If you apply without a job offer, how did you explain this to CIC...

Thanks for your help...
hi fiona sad to say i can't give you a detailed answer...i might hav a wrong answer then so we better ask somebody in here who has the idea to answer ur queries....help guyz.... by the way, i just copy n paste that info from a newsletter but with regrds to ur case can t give u d right answer :(

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
richmondhill said:
hi neng23,

thank you so much neng23.

did you received your owp yet?
hi richmondhill

ur very much welcome...i just copy n paste such info from a newsletter....OWP??? sad to say until now no updates from CIC...i don't have my OWP yet...still keep on hoping and praying.... Godbless us all

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
guys, I just checked online.. they already got my application for PR dated December 16,2011.. I know its nothing big but just wanted to share.. Im happy that atleast somehow I know that Im waiting for something good.. :) :) :)

123chow

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darookie said:
guys, I just checked online.. they already got my application for PR dated December 16,2011.. I know its nothing big but just wanted to share.. Im happy that atleast somehow I know that Im waiting for something good.. :) :) :)
hello darookie thats giod news..may i ask when did you mail your application and if your single?

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
darookie said:
Yur OWP is on the way ,you will get it next week!congret'

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
darookie said:
wow bru! It's coming! Let's celebrate! ;D

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
123chow said:
hello darookie thats giod news..may i ask when did you mail your application and if your single?

Im single with 1 employer.. I sent mine December 14 but according to the tracking number it was delivered December 16..