+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner operator LMIA, Work permit and PR

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Noc 0125 are for Managers

this noc code is for plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that provide services to business, and ensure the quality of those services and client satisfaction.

If your business was operational, you would probably get 200 points

am I right?
Yes, you are 100% right

Reactions: Bc pnp draw

Bc pnp draw

Feb 14, 2020
Yes, you are 100% right
A consultant told me if I can show the business operations for 3 months with profit and proper payroll in the invested business before lmia application, chances are higher.

Since I have Canada visa,I can look after my business in that period too,without being on the payroll but with the help of hired employees.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
can retail/wholesale business get 200 points or there’s any category of business required

Thank you
Do you have any business in your country in which you are living right now? To get ICT visa, there are some conditions that you need to fulfill. If you don’t have artificial jewellery business already running in your home country then you would not fall under ICT category visa.

Yes. Senior Manager category falls under NOC code 00. To get 200 points, either you need an owner operator LMIA approved from ESDC or you should work for that employer (Maintaining a employer-employee relationship) for one year minimum with high wage according to NOC in which your duties fall.
Yes, you are 100% right
No, You would not be eligible for 200 points for NOC code 0125. You will get only 50 points. 200 points will be awarded only for NOC starts with 00.

Last edited:

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
A consultant told me if I can show the business operations for 3 months with profit and proper payroll in the invested business before lmia application, chances are higher.

Since I have Canada visa,I can look after my business in that period too,without being on the payroll but with the help of hired employees.
It all depends on the facts. If you are buying a running business which is already in profit as per the previous tax papers filed with CRA then only it's gonna work. O'wise If an organization was in loss and you have invested money into it and started your payroll, there will be a question arising as how did you manage to change the situation dramatically within three months from loss to profit since you have invested more money (the loss would be on the higher side initially due to expenses)? I think it's impossible to justify in a very short period. This is my personal view. I hope it helps.

Bc pnp draw

Feb 14, 2020
It all depends on the facts. If you are buying a running business which is already in profit as per the previous tax papers filed with CRA then only it's gonna work. O'wise If an organization was in loss and you have invested money into it and started your payroll, there will be a question arising as how did you manage to change the situation dramatically within three months from loss to profit since you have invested more money (the loss would be on the higher side initially due to expenses)? I think it's impossible to justify in a very short period. This is my personal view. I hope it helps.
Thank you Sahil ji for the valuable information.

The business is 1 year old and not in profit because of covid.

I am in to same business in India from 4-5 years.

should I start a new incorporation,then buy assets and inventory from the existing 1 year old company,which is not running in profit?

Last edited:

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Thank you Sahil ji for the valuable information.

The business is 1 year old and not in profit because of covid.

I am in to same business in India from 4-5 years.

should I start a new incorporation,then buy assets and inventory from the existing 1 year old company,which is not running in profit?
You can buy the old one too but do not apply for LMIA after just three months as it will be difficult to get it approved at first. Do the paper work, buy the inventory and start selling it. As the sales gets running for 6 months approximately, then you should apply for LMIA and get it approved.

This is my personal opinion. I hope it helps.

Bc pnp draw

Feb 14, 2020
You can buy the old one too but do not apply for LMIA after just three months as it will be difficult to get it approved at first. Do the paper work, buy the inventory and start selling it. As the sales gets running for 6 months approximately, then you should apply for LMIA and get it approved.

This is my personal opinion. I hope it helps.
I got it

can I get 200 points if I succeed in business after 6 months?

thank you

Last edited:

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
If your NOC starts with 00 then there are two scenarios!!

One is to apply for LMIA under Noc Code 00 and get it approved!!

Second is work for one year minimum and then Get a job offer LMIA Exempt under NOC code 00.

Bc pnp draw

Feb 14, 2020
If your NOC starts with 00 then there are two scenarios!!

One is to apply for LMIA under Noc Code 00 and get it approved!!

Second is work for one year minimum and then Get a job offer LMIA Exempt under NOC code 00.
In second scenario, you mean to run the business for one year than apply for lmia exempt job offer?

mkashif

Jan 27, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Thank you! Very clear.
I don't understand why the consultant told me that I have to partner someone for the business set up (in Ontario) and the esdc interview conducted was only with the partner but not myself. (Frustrated. thinking if i am being scammed)
Might be your consultant going for "Corporate" instead of "sole proprietor" Business, In ON if you incorporate your business for that one director must be hold PR or citizen CA. if this is a case both director will be interviewed. offshore and inshore as well.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Might be your consultant going for "Corporate" instead of "sole proprietor" Business, In ON if you incorporate your business for that one director must be hold PR or citizen CA. if this is a case both director will be interviewed. offshore and inshore as well.
In BC, there is no such requirement. So choose wisely.

I hope it helps.