+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner operator LMIA, Work permit and PR

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Got Notes on October 15th saying "Medical has been passed and visa office can proceed with visa issuance" so basically notes were useless

I am applying for notes again today/tomorrow and hopefully we see an update

Also, never raised webform because it says in the webform that they will not reply if the application is within normal processing time and normal proceessing time for work permit from india currently is 25 weeks and its been only 19 weeks or so for my application.

Last edited:

fishinfall

Mar 6, 2020
Hi @
Got Notes on October 15th saying "Medical has been passed and visa office can proceed with visa issuance" so basically notes were useless

I am applying for notes again today/tomorrow and hopefully we see an update

Also, never raised webform because it says in the webform that they will not reply if the application is within normal processing time and normal proceessing time for work permit from india currently is 25 weeks and its been only 19 weeks or so for my application.
Hi, I understand that you wanted to apply PR via Express Entry after you get the LIMA application approved. Have you done further research regarding EE? I see there are three sub-programs under EE channel: Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades and Canadian Experience Class.

I believe owner operator applicants would end up with Federal Skilled Worker EE program instead of the other two sub-programs, but I wanted to make sure I understand correctly.
However, when I took another look at Federal Skilled Worker EE program, it seems applying a 100 score mechanism instead of the 600 score, which is a little bit confusing.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Hi @

Hi, I understand that you wanted to apply PR via Express Entry after you get the LIMA application approved. Have you done further research regarding EE? I see there are three sub-programs under EE channel: Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades and Canadian Experience Class.

I believe owner operator applicants would end up with Federal Skilled Worker EE program instead of the other two sub-programs, but I wanted to make sure I understand correctly.
However, when I took another look at Federal Skilled Worker EE program, it seems applying a 100 score mechanism instead of the 600 score, which is a little bit confusing.

its definitely federal skilled worker program i will be applying under. Further, i know 100% i will get 200 Points for Express entry once i get 00 noc LMIA again after getting work permit.

I remember officer asking me for transition plan showing what i will do after 1 year work permit is used and transition plan showed that i will apply for PR under federal skilled worker program

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
its definitely federal skilled worker program i will be applying under. Further, i know 100% i will get 200 Points for Express entry once i get 00 noc LMIA again after getting work permit.

I remember officer asking me for transition plan showing what i will do after 1 year work permit is used and transition plan showed that i will apply for PR under federal skilled worker program
R u getting LMIA work permit or pending?

kashy885

Oct 28, 2020

I remember officer asking me for transition plan showing what i will do after 1 year work permit is used and transition plan showed that I will apply for PR under federal skilled worker program
Hi,
Thank you for all the information you have provided. It has clarified a lot of questions for business owners like me.
So I have a slightly different situation. I got a LMIA exempt because my business already exist and we had started pre-launch operations in January of this year. I also have a valid visitors TRV but cannot travel due to travel restrictions. I have applied for my WP and hoping to get it soon. Do you think I can use it to claim 200 points in my EE profile immediately I get the work permit or do I have to work with it for 1 year before claiming the points? NOC is 0016

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Hi,
Thank you for all the information you have provided. It has clarified a lot of questions for business owners like me.
So I have a slightly different situation. I got a LMIA exempt because my business already exist and we had started pre-launch operations in January of this year. I also have a valid visitors TRV but cannot travel due to travel restrictions. I have applied for my WP and hoping to get it soon. Do you think I can use it to claim 200 points in my EE profile immediately I get the work permit or do I have to work with it for 1 year before claiming the points? NOC is 0016

i am not a lawyer but i am pretty sure the short answer is NO

The reason of that is, the question for express entry states "Do you have an LMIA supported job offer?" Since you don't need LMIA, it shouldn't qualify but feel free to check with a lawyer/immigration consultant

kashy885

Oct 28, 2020
i am not a lawyer but i am pretty sure the short answer is NO

The reason of that is, the question for express entry states "Do you have an LMIA supported job offer?" Since you don't need LMIA, it shouldn't qualify but feel free to check with a lawyer/immigration consultant
Actually I don't need a LMIA supported job offer.
A consultant confirmed and I checked too.
See this LMIA exempt job offer

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hi,
No, you cannot claim 200 points unless you work for that employer for one year under NOC starting with 00 or you apply and get approved Owner Operator LMIA from ESDC Canada after your arrival in Canada. I hope it clarified.

Last edited:

kashy885

Oct 28, 2020
No, you cannot claim 200 points unless you work for that employer for one year under NOC starting with 00 or you apply and get approved Owner Operator LMIA from ESSC Canada after you arrival in Canada. I hope it clarified.
Yes thank you very much. I already got clarification. I don't need LMIA if I work for 1 year in NOC 00

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Update

Got a request letter today from IRCC giving me 30 days to provide more documents, the list of documents they are requesting are basic stuff such as unaudited financials of Canada company, proof of funds that the company has funds to pay salary for LMIA employee (in this case me), et cetra

I should be able to provide all this within a week and hopefully decision will come right after.

This seems like a very good sign because last time when we got denied for work permit there was no such information requested, simply denied.

Bc pnp draw

Feb 14, 2020
Hello everyone

I want to share my story. Before the lockdown,I thought for BC PNP, but since BC PNP draws of my Noc codes were suspended due to covid 19, I had to change my mind.Then I heard about owner operator program and started working on it.

I contacted a shopkeeper in Canada who wanted to close his retail business because of this pandemic.

The owner is known to me and is ready to sell his business to me,i visited several times to him in Canada before.

Can somebody suggest good consultant who can guide me and submit the application.

Thanks in advance

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
I can’t suggest any consultant here but we can guide you to how to submit an application!
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp

The job offer will be LMIA exempt because it will fall under NOC Code 00 , if you buy that business. Submit a job offer on Employment portal and pay the compliance fee $230!! Once job offer is submitted, complete tour work permit application and apply it online.

Please share more details of what type of business is that?

I hope it helps.

Bc pnp draw

Feb 14, 2020
I can’t suggest any consultant here but we can guide you to how to submit an application!

The job offer will be LMIA exempt because it will fall under NOC Code 00 , if you buy that business. Submit a job offer on Employment portal and pay the compliance fee $230!! Once job offer is submitted, complete tour work permit application and apply it online.

I hope it helps.
Thank you for the reply.

Business I am looking for is of intimate jewellery & accessories.I paid 10k as advance to the owner and waiting for the travel restrictions to be over.

I am business visa holder.

Bc pnp draw

Feb 14, 2020

I hope it helps.
can retail/wholesale business get 200 points or there’s any category of business required

Thank you

Last edited:

Bc pnp draw

Feb 14, 2020
Update Update Update

After all these negative updates and getting rejected twice for TRV, today i finally got positive LMIA from service canada. This has not been easy and there has been a lot that i had to do during the last 2 months, but its hopefully all worth it.

Keep in mind, i only got approved for NOC 0125 which fetch only 50 points for Permanent residency application, even though i applied for NOC 0013
Further, the officer reduced the term to 1 year for work permit instead of applied 2 years.

all in all, i am happy and now applying for work permit. It says 5 weeks processing time, hopefully we get the work permit for family by end of march or beginning of april.

I feel like an expert on owner operator LMIA applications, since i had to do multiple calls, emails and other communications with the officer during these last 45 days.
Noc 0125 are for Managers

this noc code is for plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that provide services to business, and ensure the quality of those services and client satisfaction.

If your business was operational, you would probably get 200 points

am I right?