+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Akim Abubakar

Jan 3, 2022
Hello all, my application as spouse of protected person started in July 2019 by IRCC until I was instructed to submit my forms, police report, passport bio data page, marriage certificate, brith certificate to ACCRA VISA Office in April 2021. Since then no communication, no AOR. My wife wrote to them in October 2021 and they acknowledged that my application is on queue for review. I need advice on the expected time lines for my application. I am currently in canada on a visitor visa, should I withdraw the application and reapply as inland? My email is akimabubakar@yahoo.com

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Oh well, one way to go about it is to start a twitter campaign to bring this to light. 'West-African families, spouses and parents, through Accra Ghana immigration office neglected by IRCC' seems a good place to start.
You will be surprised at how many tweets are about this already. Lend them your voice to help clear the backlog.

Dominate

Apr 11, 2019
Hello all, my application as spouse of protected person started in July 2019 by IRCC until I was instructed to submit my forms, police report, passport bio data page, marriage certificate, brith certificate to ACCRA VISA Office in April 2021. Since then no communication, no AOR. My wife wrote to them in October 2021 and they acknowledged that my application is on queue for review. I need advice on the expected time lines for my application. I am currently in canada on a visitor visa, should I withdraw the application and reapply as inland? My email is akimabubakar@yahoo.com
I think you should withdraw your application if that is possible and apply inland as that would be way faster

Reactions: Abtols

Dominate

Apr 11, 2019
I still don't Understand why Accra office will not wake up from their sleep and slumber. Since April 2021 my husband added me to his PR application as his dependant. IRCC asked me to send my documents to Accra visa office in July 2021 which we did. I was asked to go for biometrics which I did. Since July till now, nothing have been heard. No medical request. I have written severally and their response is "Still on queue for review and you are advised to do nothing. This is annoying
We are both in same situation. Submitted my application to Accra visa office since march 2021. No update whatsoever. Sent an email a couple of times now and the response is also in queue for review. Requested for gcms notes twice and application has not move from where it was. MP made enquiry on our behalf and advised we wait as they have a lot of pending applications. I

Reactions: Mfoniso Urua

Falconbridge

Jan 22, 2022
Hello,
I just submitted my application on the first of December to the Ghana office as a spouse of a protected person and got this message below while trying to check with vsf
application, tracking ID No........ is under process at the Canada Visa Office . To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

Akim Abubakar

Jan 3, 2022
May be contact ircc in Canada and tell them whats going on since 2001 is very long time
Same with me, I submitted some April 2021 and no word except generic response to email. The painful part is, we have been processed in canada already, just for Accra to ensure police reports, medicals and biometrics, eligibility in both ways does not apply to us.

SAMb&b

Jan 22, 2022
Did any body applied for a TRV for dependence in parallel to PR Process?
If Yes, what was the result?
do we have any chance ?
Thanks for sharing

SAMb&b

Jan 22, 2022
Hi Akim, Could you let, me know, How you got your Visitor Visa?

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Did any body applied for a TRV for dependence in parallel to PR Process?
If Yes, what was the result?
do we have any chance ?
Thanks for sharing
I wanted to try but two lawyers advised me against it that they will not grant it because it will be treated as dual intent. But recently, Justin Trudeau asked the immigration minister to create an avenue where dependent spouse can get TRV pending when their visa comes out.

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
I wanted to try but two lawyers advised me against it that they will not grant it because it will be treated as dual intent. But recently, Justin Trudeau asked the immigration minister to create an avenue where dependent spouse can get TRV pending when their visa comes out.
I have seen families being granted this type of Visa. Even before the minister's announcement. There is nothing like dual intention. Most of these lawyers knows nothing about applying for a Canadian Visa and most importantly it's the V.O who decides who and who gets to come to Canada.

Reactions: Akim Abubakar

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
I have seen families being granted this type of Visa. Even before the minister's announcement. There is nothing like dual intention. Most of these lawyers knows nothing about applying for a Canadian Visa and most importantly it's the V.O who decides who and who gets to come to Canada.
Ok. I will try my luck soon

Akim Abubakar

Jan 3, 2022
I was granted the November 2021 and currently in canada despite having a PR in process for family reunification