+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
I was recently asked to provide proof of parentship and communication for one of my dependent children but not the other

is this normal? Do they always ask this?
They can ask anything they want. Just submit whatever they ask ASAP

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hi everone.
My overseas dependant sent his requested documents to Ankara visa office via email on December 22.
He has done biometric on December 14 and also medical examiation on December 18.
Does any of you or your dependants application being procesed in Ankara office?
Do you have any idea what will happen next and what should I expect now?
Is there any interview?
How long does it take to pass the steps and get passport request based on your previous experiences in Ankara Visa Office?

Ps: we can check overseas application status only throgh ECAS and we can not still link it to gc key accout .

Last edited:

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hi everone.
My overseas dependant sent his requested documents to Ankara visa office via email on December 22.
He has done biometric on December 14 and also medical examiation on December 18.
Is there any interview?
How long does it take to pass the steps and get passport request based on your previous experiences in Ankara Visa Office?

Ps: we can check overseas application status only throgh ECAS and we can not still link it to gc key accout .
Can you share your timeline?
Next step is eligibility, background and security, then visa
You can link your dependants application, but i am not sure how

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Received application on August 27, 2020
Start of processing June 27, 2021
eCoPR December 8, 2021
Yes so dependants eligibility background and security then visa

Reactions: Unicornicaaa

cet

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Hi everone.
Is there any interview?

I have completed medical on July, no update; Ankara !!

cet

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
What a long delay!
So there is no hope that they will be heard soon.
Didn't they confirm that they have received your documents at least?
-There was another guy at the group with the same timeline , I think He is also waiting.
-They requested me documents via email, so they might reached them. I got an automatic mail reply.
Processing is really too slow.

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
-There was another guy at the group with the same timeline , I think He is also waiting.
-They requested me documents via email, so they might reached them. I got an automatic mail reply.
Processing is really too slow.
We all have no choice among this long boring path, except being patient. Hope everything goes well for all.

Reactions: sohaib1

Tunde Daniels

Aug 6, 2021
Hello, I want ask if anyone can give me a guide to know the response to send to Accra Visa Office. They requested for an additional communication and support between me and my wife. My wife is the principal applicant already with PR wi

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hello, I want ask if anyone can give me a guide to know the response to send to Accra Visa Office. They requested for an additional communication and support between me and my wife. My wife is the principal applicant already with PR wi
More phone call history after you submitted your application. Recent photos of being together if any. If you or her sent any money. Any emails or letters between you new ones etc

Reactions: Abtols

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
If you have been communicating via WhatsApp, you need to get the chat history , just export it out and send it via the method they asked for.

How long was the wait eventually? What stages have you passed?

Tunde Daniels

Aug 6, 2021
Thanks for your response, this is the third time since last year January that they have been asking for additional information. I submitted in Oct 2019, no response until January 2021 and there were five succeeding correspondence between January and March 8th. In October 2021 when I didn't hear anything from them about the last request I submitted, they came up with the claims that they didn't receive my additional information that I should resend. I did immediately and in Oct 27th they responded that they have received and my file updated. But I have not stopped writing to know the status of my application since then. My last enquiry letter was on the 6th January and on the 10th of January, they
sent another request demanding for communication and support between me and my spouse. This communication request has always been there and I have been sending WhatsApp chats, email correspondence, even the chats between me and my Children. I suspect that the main request here is the support which I will have to upload the funds transfer between us in the last 4years . I hope this will be the last request so that I will know the next stage.

Reactions: Abtols

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Thanks for your response, this is the third time since last year January that they have been asking for additional information. I submitted in Oct 2019, no response until January 2021 and there were five succeeding correspondence between January and March 8th. In October 2021 when I didn't hear anything from them about the last request I submitted, they came up with the claims that they didn't receive my additional information that I should resend. I did immediately and in Oct 27th they responded that they have received and my file updated. But I have not stopped writing to know the status of my application since then. My last enquiry letter was on the 6th January and on the 10th of January, they
sent another request demanding for communication and support between me and my spouse. This communication request has always been there and I have been sending WhatsApp chats, email correspondence, even the chats between me and my Children. I suspect that the main request here is the support which I will have to upload the funds transfer between us in the last 4years . I hope this will be the last request so that I will know the next stage.
I wouldn't assume to know how traumatic this experience has been for you and your family. I do hope your application now gets the attention it warrants as Accra office has been sitting on it for far too long.

Your application having passed the normal estimated processing period entitles you to raising an exception. Use their regular email and the webform. Make it known to them how long this application has been on for and why you need it addressed as urgent.

My advice as always been to send requested documents via paper mail(post)(yes, i know it is not cheap, but it is hard to deny receipt, since it is trackable), or send more copies via webform if there is no acknowledgement of your webform submissions after a couple of weeks. Send again and again. Till they acknowledge.

Best of luck mate.
Do get them those documents asap. Seems once an application misses its scheduled overview date, it starts to gather dust in some underground alcove beneath those IRCC offices.

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
hi sohaib i want to know about my application i am june 2019 applicant i recive last year oct 2020 eligibilty letter i pass and they send me family application to london office they as for fingerprints and additional documnet i send it but its like 8 to 9 months i did not hear anything you have any idea when my backgroung is clear and give me pr becasue they said i did not get pr untill my family application complete