+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Hi there,
I would like to share my timeline with overseas family :

Primary Applicant:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 10, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 25, 2021
Overseas Family :

Permanent Residence
  2. We started processing your application on September 24, 2021. ***December 15, 2021 we got G Number and checklist to be submitted within 30 days. (We used webfourm)
Primary Applicant, still the status Application Received.

Overseas Applicants, the status Application in process.
Since December 15, 2021 we didn't hear anything.

Any idea

Thanks

Akim Abubakar

Jan 3, 2022
Hi there,

Primary Applicant:

Permanent Residence
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 25, 2021
Overseas Family :

Permanent Residence
  2. We started processing your application on September 24, 2021. ***December 15, 2021 we got G Number and checklist to be submitted within 30 days. (We used webfourm)

Any idea

Thanks
I have been waiting since 2019 from outside Canada.. Its a frustrating process. You may benefit from the pilot program for both protected persons and family granted PR together

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Hi there,

Primary Applicant:

Permanent Residence
Overseas Family :

Permanent Residence

Any idea

Thanks
I would say, that a very good initiative introduced by the government, this pilot project will relief for thousands of families.

Reactions: 9999Sam

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
I have been waiting since 2019 from outside Canada.. Its a frustrating process. You may benefit from the pilot program for both protected persons and family granted PR together
Send email to your member of parliament, ask him/her to do inquiry if you exceed the process time line you can contact federal court.

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Hi there,

Primary Applicant:

Permanent Residence
Overseas Family :

Permanent Residence

Any idea

Thanks
Hi there,

Primary Applicant

Permanent Residence
  3. 27/01/2022 I received an email that I have met the requirement " It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.The overseas office in ABU DHABI is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada."
Overseas Family :

Permanent Residence

Any Idea when the overseas Visa Office will contact us, what's next?

Ahmed sagheer

May 8, 2021
ircc has asked us to submit passport for visa stumping but my passport was less than six months so i have renewed my passport which has changed the last digit of passport number. Is there any chance of problem in visa stumping with this scenario?

Reactions: Abtols and Norijal

SAMb&b

Jan 22, 2022
Hi there,

Primary Applicant

Permanent Residence
  3. 27/01/2022 I received an email that I have met the requirement " It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.The overseas office in ABU DHABI is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada."
Overseas Family :

Permanent Residence

it looks you are so lucky... good for you

SAMb&b

Jan 22, 2022
Hi there,

Primary Applicant

Permanent Residence
Overseas Family :

Permanent Residence

The application number for your family is same as yours?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
ircc has asked us to submit passport for visa stumping but my passport was less than six months so i have renewed my passport which has changed the last digit of passport number. Is there any chance of problem in visa stumping with this scenario?
Let IRCC know that you have a new passport and send both the old & the new one together to them. They will understand and would stamp the visa on the new passport. You won’t be the first person to encounter this.

Reactions: Norijal