+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Tunde Daniels

Aug 6, 2021
I wouldn't assume to know how traumatic this experience has been for you and your family. I do hope your application now gets the attention it warrants as Accra office has been sitting on it for far too long.

Your application having passed the normal estimated processing period entitles you to raising an exception. Use their regular email and the webform. Make it known to them how long this application has been on for and why you need it addressed as urgent.

My advice as always been to send requested documents via paper mail(post)(yes, i know it is not cheap, but it is hard to deny receipt, since it is trackable), or send more copies via webform if there is no acknowledgement of your webform submissions after a couple of weeks. Send again and again. Till they acknowledge.

Best of luck mate.
Do get them those documents asap. Seems once an application misses its scheduled overview date, it starts to gather dust in some underground alcove beneath those IRCC offices.
Thank you and God bless.

Reactions: Abtols

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
hi sohaib i want to know about my application i am june 2019 applicant i recive last year oct 2020 eligibilty letter i pass and they send me family application to london office they as for fingerprints and additional documnet i send it but its like 8 to 9 months i did not hear anything you have any idea when my backgroung is clear and give me pr becasue they said i did not get pr untill my family application complete
Write an URGENT webform and ask them what is taking so long

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
I want to ask, is it appropriate to include the funds sent to me by my wife in the support I will send to them, or is it only mine ?
You can include support sent by you and also if your wife sent you support include that also. Whatever you have attach it

Ayofaisl

Jan 13, 2022
Hello everyone,

I need help from experience ones in this forum to fill application forms for my brother's 3 dependants who are currently outside Canada. He got his PR but the application he sent by himself including the 3 dependants under one application form was not accepted. He sent me the letter requesting him to send the dependants application to outside Canada immigration office and wanted me to help him to fill fresh applications of his dependants who are all below 18 years to Canada Immigration office outside Canada.

My question are:

1. Will I include him in each of form IMM008 because I am required to fill forms IMM008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 application forms for each of the 3 dependants
2. Can he send new completed applications by himself since it was sent by courier from Canada, or I send them on his behalf because I'm nearer to the Immigration office outside Canada
3. Can we also email the completed forms because the immigration office where he was asked to send his dependants applications replied to his enquiry about the dependants application after a month of no update and the response was that he has to comply by filling applications for each dependants

Thank you

cet

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Hello everyone,

I need help from experience ones in this forum to fill application forms for my brother's 3 dependants who are currently outside Canada. He got his PR but the application he sent by himself including the 3 dependants under one application form was not accepted. He sent me the letter requesting him to send the dependants application to outside Canada immigration office and wanted me to help him to fill fresh applications of his dependants who are all below 18 years to Canada Immigration office outside Canada.

My question are:

1. Will I include him in each of form IMM008 because I am required to fill forms IMM008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 application forms for each of the 3 dependants
2. Can he send new completed applications by himself since it was sent by courier from Canada, or I send them on his behalf because I'm nearer to the Immigration office outside Canada
3. Can we also email the completed forms because the immigration office where he was asked to send his dependants applications replied to his enquiry about the dependants application after a month of no update and the response was that he has to comply by filling applications for each dependants

Thank you
Hi,

- You need to include them (3 dependents) in all forms under the family class for outside office.
- As I see in the forum, some offices accept via mail others email.

Good luck

Reactions: Ayofaisl

Ayofaisl

Jan 13, 2022
Hi,

- You need to include them (3 dependents) in all forms under the family class for outside office.
- As I see in the forum, some offices accept via mail others email.

Good luck
Thank you

Will each of them be principal applicant in the generic form IMM0008 or my brother which will make it 2 applicants on each from or just 1 applicant in each from.

cet

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Thank you

Will each of them be principal applicant in the generic form IMM0008 or my brother which will make it 2 applicants on each from or just 1 applicant in each from.
Let me tell what I did.

- Office contacted us to submit related forms via email and generated an application number for dependants.
- We filled the forms just for dependants (not for your brother in your case)
- Since the Office generated a G number for dependants, they linked dependants' applications with the main applicant(your brother) in their data.
- Our lawyer had confirmed this way

I hope this would help you

Best of All

Reactions: Ayofaisl

Ayofaisl

Jan 13, 2022
Let me tell what I did.

- Office contacted us to submit related forms via email and generated an application number for dependants.
- We filled the forms just for dependants (not for your brother in your case)
- Since the Office generated a G number for dependants, they linked dependants' applications with the main applicant(your brother) in their data.
- Our lawyer had confirmed this way

I hope this would help you

Best of All

Thank you so much, this really helps

Usama Z

Sep 23, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I’ve a confusion that yesterday after my medical test. I asked the medical centre to provide me E-medical information sheet as my lawyer wanted it. However, they didn’t know about it and said that they only provide medical summary after 5 working days. Did anyone faced the same issue? My centre was IOM Lahore Pakistan.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hi Everyone,
I’ve a confusion that yesterday after my medical test. I asked the medical centre to provide me E-medical information sheet as my lawyer wanted it. However, they didn’t know about it and said that they only provide medical summary after 5 working days. Did anyone faced the same issue? My centre was IOM Lahore Pakistan.
Why would your lawyer want e medical. Medical results are automatically given to ircc

Usama Z

Sep 23, 2015
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone confirm how much time IRCC takes for PPR after they receive the medical results?

My timeline:
1- We received your application for permanent residence on March 7, 2019.
2- We started processing your application on May 16, 2019.
3- We sent you medical instructions on December 23, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4- Medical results have been received. (21st January 2022)

Reactions: SAMb&b

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
I still don't Understand why Accra office will not wake up from their sleep and slumber. Since April 2021 my husband added me to his PR application as his dependant. IRCC asked me to send my documents to Accra visa office in July 2021 which we did. I was asked to go for biometrics which I did. Since July till now, nothing have been heard. No medical request. I have written severally and their response is "Still on queue for review and you are advised to do nothing. This is annoying

Last edited:

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
I still don't Understand why Accra office will not wake up from their sleep and slumber. Since April 2001 my husband added me to his PR application as his dependant. IRCC asked me to send my documents to Accra visa office in July 2001 which we did. I was asked to go for biometrics which I did. Since July till now, nothing have been heard. No medical request. I have written severally and their response is "Still on queue for review and you are advised to do nothing. This is annoying
May be contact ircc in Canada and tell them whats going on since 2001 is very long time